Have you seen Memoirs of a Geisha?

I was a sophomore in high school when it came out. I lied to my mom about a school project and went to the theater after school with a friend. I remember being so moved by music and artistry in the trailer. I was not disappointed when I actually saw the movie. It was... so gorgeous- a real feast for the eyes, the heart. It ended up winning three Oscars for art direction, cinematography, and costume design... so well-deserved. Also, the soundtrack is hauntingly beautiful.

One of my favorite scenes [has spoilers]:

Soundtrack sample:

1113

Most Helpful Guy

• I liked the movie a lot. It explores a setting that isn't explored much in cinema. Post Meiji, pre-WW II Japan.

Let's face it. Most flicks in America set in Japan are either WW II or samurai/martial arts flicks. This was neither.

And the music was great.

As much as I liked the movie, my wife LOOOOOOOOOOVED that movie. LOOOOOOOOOOVED the music. LOOOOOOOOOOVED the art design. LOOOOOOOOOVED the costumes. LOOOOOOOVED the characters. LOOOOOOOOOVED the story. I believe it was her all time favorite.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes this movie is amazing. I recommend to anyone who haven't watched it you will love it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE