Have you seen Memoirs of a Geisha?

I was a sophomore in high school when it came out. I lied to my mom about a school project and went to the theater after school with a friend. I remember being so moved by music and artistry in the trailer. I was not disappointed when I actually saw the movie. It was... so gorgeous- a real feast for the eyes, the heart. It ended up winning three Oscars for art direction, cinematography, and costume design... so well-deserved. Also, the soundtrack is hauntingly beautiful.

One of my favorite scenes [has spoilers]:

Soundtrack sample:

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I liked the movie a lot. It explores a setting that isn't explored much in cinema. Post Meiji, pre-WW II Japan.

Let's face it. Most flicks in America set in Japan are either WW II or samurai/martial arts flicks. This was neither.

And the music was great.

As much as I liked the movie, my wife LOOOOOOOOOOVED that movie. LOOOOOOOOOOVED the music. LOOOOOOOOOOVED the art design. LOOOOOOOOOVED the costumes. LOOOOOOOVED the characters. LOOOOOOOOOVED the story. I believe it was her all time favorite.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes this movie is amazing. I recommend to anyone who haven't watched it you will love it.

0|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

What Girls Said 10

• No, but I want to read the bool

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but I did eat the first page of the book once... was pretty boring tasting. Needed some flavouring... maybe a cake underneath?

0|0
    0|0
  • I saw the movie - it wasn't bad - very moving in the beginning - but a little depressing in plot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, It's make me feel sorry about being a woman. That we do celebrations about woman's right by doing this to influence people to work or aid.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have read the book, not seen movie. The book is captivating. It throws light on the inner world of Geisha.

0|0
    0|0
  • The book was fantastic and the movie was brilliant and true to the book, one of my favorites!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I've seen the movie a few times and read a book. I liked both very much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and I love it

0|0
    0|0
  • i hav'nt seen it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not seen it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes