How are nightclubs allowed "ladies nights"?

How is it that clubs are still allowed to have ladies nights whereby men pay for entry but women get in free? Do the laws regarding discrimination not apply in this case?

Not anti-feminist and actually believe in the free market but am genuinely surprised laws do not prevent this from being allowed

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That's now illegal in many states.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh so it will probably change here in the UK soon, we normally adopt what America chooses a few years later!

• Can you follow my account? I want your opinions on my questions.

Most Helpful Guy

• im sure it will change... its not an overnight thing sadly but if you are from the uk you may remember ads from the car insurance company, sheilas wheels? anyway they offered cheaper rates to women drivers but now they are out of business because the whole insurance industry was told they could not descriminate

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• It's their business, they can make their own rules

0|0
    0|0
    • So you think it would be okay for a business for example to charge more based on race?

• Show All
    • @Markfish Lol, getting married to a man someone

• Yeah and who you date and love by very definition has nothing to do with SEXUAL orientation, it only with SEXUAL attraction and arousal. I bet you are more aroused by the female body than the male body without an emotional connection.

What Guys Said 7

• If it's a privately owned club, they can do whatever they want.

Well, if you're the owner of a club, let's think about this: What is the best way to attract people, women, or men? Most men want to get with girls in the club, and most men are desperate enough to go to the club to hit on women, and do anything they can to get laid. Most women aren't desperate in the club, and usually just go with their friends.

I can't blame them really.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not discrimination though. Men are still allowed in, just not free.

The way you're thinking would mean anytime your friends or family bought you something, they'd be discriminating against everyone else around them regardless of relationship because they didn't give everyone something.

0|0
    0|0
    • One person having to pay, while the other doesn't certainly is discrimination. You should read a dictionary to see what the word means.

• Show All
    • In court it could be considered legal discrimination, people just don't care enough to make a case. Like somone else said, an insurance firm got sued and are now out of business because they provided cheapet car insurance to women.

• I dont know where you live but im pretty sure there would be laws against a nightclub charging say Asian people double the price of everyone else

• Feminists won't do anything about this, they're not for equality.

I notice that people are apathetic towards this. Perhaps bakers can stop selling cakes to gay people

0|0
    0|0
  • That's because women are not customers, they are bait for making males come in and buy drinks, Duh !

0|0
    0|0
    • No shit Sherlock. Don’t think you really grasped the question

• The point.

You : --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> :@
      Genius.

• Many places aren’t supposed to do that

0|0
    0|0
  • It's called marketing

0|0
    0|0
  • Pussy always gets paid for one way or the other, women are basically prostitutes if they chose to be or not.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes