What's your favorite book?

And what do you like about it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Real favorite: Plato's The Republic, because it's smart and it is still relevant 2400 years after being written.

Favorite book readable by young people : 9 Princes in Amber. Because it's mysterious and fantastic. It's the book that allowed me to turn non-readers into readers.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Nice addition of readable by young people, a lot of younger people might find work by Plato a bit heavy, though I admittedly I'm interested in reading some of his, though I haven't gotten around to it yet.
      But I'll check out 9 Princes in Amber for sure

Most Helpful Girl

• Isabel Allende: The Daughter of Fortune. I like the writing, I like the characters, I like the setting, I like the plot, so it ticks pretty much all the boxes. I've read it three times.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Nice, those are all great traits for a book to have, I might check it out in the future

• Show All
    • I'll check it out then.

• If you do, I'd suggest the version with Jim Kay's illustrations, it truly was beautiful and felt as it was incorporated as part of the story-telling

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I like Dan Brown novels because he mixes mystery with History. The stories are routed in fact which makes it more fun to think it could really happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Little Prince, my 7th grade teacher gave it to me as a gift.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sweet of them to give it to you, was it a birthday gift or something?

• She said my writing reminded her of the author's (I was considering including this in my comment, but didn't want to make it seem like I was bragging). So I have sentimental attachment to the book

• I wouldn't mind you adding that, it's a nice and sweet story to have behind your love for the book, besides there's no problem if you take pride in her statement.

• Rangers apprentice book 1, it's just a lot of fun

0|0
    0|0
    • Books there's simply a lot of fun is also amazing, as much as I love my tragic-filled and intelligent, mind-blowing books, it's nice just to sit with a fun book

• The Dune and the Witcher series. Great lore.

0|0
    0|0
    • Then I might consider buying the series, I'm always looking for new things to read after all

• Culture of critique, refreshing take

0|0
    0|0
    • Then I might consider taking a look at it

• it's quite heavy stuff, I hope you have a baseline understanding of psychology and identity politics or (not being condescending but you are only 15) it might go over your head. It's definitely not a young readers entry kind of book.

• Perhaps, being 15 do likely limit my change I'm understanding it completely. Though I do like thought-provoking texts, so I might one day try and if I find I don't understand, it's merely a sign I need to learn a bit more before giving it a read

What Girls Said 1

• The Book Thief. I love it because it's extremely melancholic and has major sad undertones, but it really displays the harsh realities of WW2 from a different perspective. And I like how they have Death as the narrorator.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes