What's your favorite book?

And what do you like about it?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Real favorite: Plato's The Republic, because it's smart and it is still relevant 2400 years after being written.

Favorite book readable by young people : 9 Princes in Amber. Because it's mysterious and fantastic. It's the book that allowed me to turn non-readers into readers.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Nice addition of readable by young people, a lot of younger people might find work by Plato a bit heavy, though I admittedly I'm interested in reading some of his, though I haven't gotten around to it yet.
      But I'll check out 9 Princes in Amber for sure

Most Helpful Girl

• Isabel Allende: The Daughter of Fortune. I like the writing, I like the characters, I like the setting, I like the plot, so it ticks pretty much all the boxes. I've read it three times.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Nice, those are all great traits for a book to have, I might check it out in the future

• I'll check it out then.

• If you do, I'd suggest the version with Jim Kay's illustrations, it truly was beautiful and felt as it was incorporated as part of the story-telling