Video games and their gender options?

So when you play a video game do you play as your gender or the opposite?

This meaning when you get the chance to choose do you usually play more as a male or female?

(For me it depends on the game. But I like to do a play though as each gender. But if I had to pick one I overall play as a male more often then a female.)
(For example I played as a female character in South Park Fractures But Whole my first playthrough then as a male (based on myself) my second play through.)
  • Same gender
  • Opposite gender

717

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the game. If it's a game I can customise, like I can change their appearance, I'll usually go with a girl. If her customisation options suck, I'll go with a guy. If it's a game where you can't customise but the characters look cool anyway, I'll go with the girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the game.. If it's a really immersive RPG then I play a guy, in order to feel more connected to the character throughout the story.
    If it's more a game that I play for fun or.. Let's say the female models are hot (Blade and Soul), I'll play a girl :P