Video games and their gender options?

So when you play a video game do you play as your gender or the opposite?

This meaning when you get the chance to choose do you usually play more as a male or female?

(For me it depends on the game. But I like to do a play though as each gender. But if I had to pick one I overall play as a male more often then a female.)
(For example I played as a female character in South Park Fractures But Whole my first playthrough then as a male (based on myself) my second play through.)
  • Same gender
    Vote A
  • Opposite gender
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the game. If it's a game I can customise, like I can change their appearance, I'll usually go with a girl. If her customisation options suck, I'll go with a guy. If it's a game where you can't customise but the characters look cool anyway, I'll go with the girl.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the game.. If it's a really immersive RPG then I play a guy, in order to feel more connected to the character throughout the story.
    If it's more a game that I play for fun or.. Let's say the female models are hot (Blade and Soul), I'll play a girl :P

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Most of the time I'll go for a female character to get into the game better.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most of the time, I'd play as a female if there was an option to choose my gender in the games.

0|1
    0|0
  • Normally, I'd choose a female character first, then once I've finished playing the game I'd play it again as a male character.

0|1
    0|0
  • Generally I play opposite gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • I play as the opposite gender

0|0
    0|0
  • Same gender because that's the gender I like.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• I play as female characters in multi-player situations a lot. But if I'm playing a story where I'm supposed to be "me" I play as a guy - if I was playing as a girl it just loses the immersion for obvious reasons. If I played as a chick in Fire Emblem Fates it'd just feel like I made decisions as a character instead of acting how I would IRL in the same situations

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm actually super curious about this too... When I picked same gender friends tease me and when I pick opposite friends also tease me 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • I like to do a playthrough as both, but ever since mass effect my main character is usually female. Fem Shep. was voiced so much better in the original trilogy that it's stuck with me for all these years

0|1
    0|0
  • When I play a game, i tend to play as myself (or at least a version of myself) so I always stay the same gender

0|1
    0|0
  • If I have the option to spend a couple hours staring at a man or a woman, I'll usually pick the woman

0|1
    0|0
  • It varies but I tend to avoid serious names when playing the opposite gender. It's awkward when you have to explain the difference of fantasy and reality to remain honest

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm the same, a bit of both depending on the game, whichever feels right for the game really.

0|0
    0|0
  • Female voices are relaxing to listen to ( when they are not nagging you). I usually choose female if it has voice lines but male if no voice lines.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll get females in call of duty when women actually fight for this country like a lot of men like men

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually pick a guy, but in Resident Evil I also go with Jill Valentine

0|0
    0|0
  • I always do the same gender just because if I chose female I wouldn't make "female" decisions lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always pick girl if I have the option to do it. I want tl see someone pretty not someone hairy

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the game. I randomize.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll play whatever fits my role-play

0|0
    0|0
  • I tend yo go with females , smaller targets.

0|0
    0|0
  • same gender?

0|0
    0|0
    • As in if your a male you play as a male character when you have the chance to choose

Recommended myTakes