Do you like the tv series, 13 reasons why?

Do you like the tv series, 13 reasons why?
  • Yes, I do.
    Vote A
  • No, I don’t.
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• it is great and horrible, it shows suicide as a viable option, but it also shows that there are many ways that people get hurt by an act ranging from not telling to rape, and the consequences. it is touching on a subject that usually gets neglected by society, but, I feel like it also missed on the suicide a little bit, not just the show but the book as well, due to the fact that 77% of suicides are commited by men (in Norway (those are the stats I've seen as I am from Norway, the stats may be drastically different in the States)

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I thought the first season was helpful in letting people know why bullying is so harmful. I don't think it needs a second season though.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• I like it

1|0
    0|0
  • No, and I honestly don't understand why some people do. It's poorly written and is fairly boring

1|0
    1|0
  • It's a great show, but it was very... damning... I got bullied a lot in school, but I still felt like I would have been on one of those tapes.

2|0
    0|1
  • I am thinking of watching it, my friends who have watched it told me it's so stupid it's good. I might like it since I like silly tvshows about teens

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol no. It's fucking retarded. Bad acting, bad writing, overrated, exaggerated, and a huge slap in the face to anyone that's ever killed themselves.

0|0
    2|0
  • I haven't watched all of it, but from what I've seen it's okay.

1|0
    0|0
  • the book was so much better. the tv show kinda show suicide as a positive thing for hannah and making it look like a viable option which its not. not at all. so fuck the show

0|0
    0|0
  • As I like TV shows which are having thriller and suspense so I love it...

1|0
    0|1
  • How can I give you 13 reasons why I like or disliked said tv show without knowing what show it is? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

0|0
    0|0
  • I hated Hanna since she did so many stupid things (like character in all teen movies tbh). But except for that I liked it.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Newcomer Katherine Langford plays the role of Hannah, a young woman who takes her own life. Two weeks after her tragic death, a classmate named Clay finds a mysterious box on his porch. Inside the box are recordings made by Hannah -- on whom Clay had a crush -- in which she explains the 13 reasons why she chose to commit suicide. If Clay decides to listen to the recordings, he will find out if and how he made the list. This intricate and heart-wrenching tale is told through Clay and Hannah's dual narratives.". I'm sorry, but I just don't think that the series has the potential to go on for much longer than maybe two seasons, as long as it follows it's title.

0|0
    0|0
    • “ your opinion is okay”. It says about season 2 the tapes were just the begging and to remember the truth and the truth will be Exposed, and the truth will be shared, That’s probably why there’s a season 2.

• I think season two is going to turn everything on it’s head.

• Yup! So keen for season 2!

1|1
    0|0
  • It's okay

1|0
    0|0
  • Best show ever

1|0
    0|1
  • No, typical women, always watching stupid TV.

0|0
    3|0
  • No, it's the worst TV show to have ever existed

0|0
    1|0
  • I think its shitty tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't know the show. What's it about?

0|0
    0|0
    • Newcomer Katherine Langford plays the role of Hannah, a young woman who takes her own life. Two weeks after her tragic death, a classmate named Clay finds a mysterious box on his porch. Inside the box are recordings made by Hannah -- on whom Clay had a crush -- in which she explains the 13 reasons why she chose to commit suicide. If Clay decides to listen to the recordings, he will find out if and how he made the list. This intricate and heart-wrenching tale is told through Clay and Hannah's dual narratives.

• Ohh suspence thriller type. Sounds good, I might give a watch

• Yeh you may like it.

What Girls Said 21

• I don't like, because it's too immature, teenager kind of series.. And i already grew up from this. I watched only firs 3 episodes. But i guess it's a very nice one from a teen's perspective, because it illustrates teen problems and fears

1|0
    0|0
  • It was interesting because if Clay Jenson
    I ain't sure if I am about to SPOIL here
    But since Clay got the cassettes and getting to know what others did
    U realize : Holy ish they bad people
    No wonder she felt that way
    BUT then again u realize
    Ok these people kinda mean but what did Clay do
    And that reason really kept me watching
    I wonder what s2 will be bout
    EXCITED hope it doesn't get to like made up

1|0
    0|0
  • I do. Because they actually show how bad highschool can be for some. Im not really talking about the storyline in the series but the issues. Loneliness, new kid, stalking, harassment, money issues, rape and suicide (maybe even more). Those are all taboo things so its good to see that there is somewhat awareness towards that

1|0
    0|1
  • I found it powerful and heart wrenching. I remember watching the first episode and thinking "This is Hannah? This is the girl who commits suicide? But she's so healthy and assertive!" And over 13 episodes, I got to watch her slowly get destroyed. And they show every ugly thing. As someone who struggles with her own mental health from time to time, I found it almost traumatizing. No, it doesn't glorify suicide. But it did make me feel awful. I begged my suicidal best friend never to watch it because it is rather triggering.

I'm not sure it needs a second season. I'll probably watch it. Then I'll probably regret it.

2|0
    0|1
    • I almost balled my eyes out while watching the last episode of season 1. But I will watch season 2. when it’s released on Netflix and see how season 2 will be.

• Yes I really like the show. And it's funny I first started watching it after I got put the hospital for a suicide attempt last year. So I kinda like that season 2 marks a little over a year I've been a lot better

1|0
    0|0
  • It's alright, pretty accurate representation but I felt like some of the information they presented was unsafe for their audience. I work with populations who have experienced a lot of the content matter presented and many were retraumatised by this show.

1|0
    0|1
  • Don’t like it she never bothered to tell anyone how she felt and blamed everyone her doing that was a cowards way if you are depressed believe me I know and I’ve had a lot of things go in my head but I wanted help so I got some she could of talked and got help but from what I seen she just sat back and blamed everyone for how she felt it’s just a show I only watched a few episodes my sister watched it and I just thought it was crappy

0|0
    0|0
    • On The last episode she did ask for help a couple times actually but no one did anything accept told her to get over it.

• I've never seen it, but heard its good so might give it a watch sometime :)

1|0
    0|0
  • no its awful, the whole point of the show is about suicide, but they can't even portray suicide accuratelly and the effects of it

0|2
    1|0
  • Yes. I liked season 1, I'm anxious to see season 2.

0|0
    0|0
  • I liked it but I think it made some problematic statements about depression and suicide. It got people talking about it which is a good thing, but I worry people are taking the wrong message from it. Hannah was far too focused outward for a suicidal person. Thirteen Reasons Why turned into a teenage revenge fantasy rather then an actual discussion on mental health and bullying. The depravity of depression and suicide is rooted in how internal it all is. Suicidal people get caught up in a depressive loop that keeps them entirely focused on themselves. It's about their hurt, their pain, their feelings of hopelessness not the people who hurt them. Hannah's pathology reminisces a mass killer more then it does a suicide victim.

0|1
    0|0
    • Actually a ton of suicidal people leave suicide notes talking about what got then there. Last year a month b4 I watched this I attempted suicide and left a note saying why and who did things to me that got me here. It wasn't so much revenge it was me wanting then to know I got hurt by things and I wasn't ok and I didn't have the strength to tell them b4

• Show All
    • But to be fair some of then deserved to feel the way they did. And it depends on the suicidal person. Some want renvege for how they feel or felt. And while she was selfish in that manner I think if you've ever been abused like she was you'd end up fucked up n the head as well and want the ones who did it to u 2 suffer like u. Or at least understand how bad it feels

• @kittycat119 I'm not talking about depression from a theoretical perspective I'm talking about it from a medical and psychological one. The question here isn't whether her perpetrators deserved it or not. The question is this how depressed and suicidal people act. Leaving a note listing what led up to the act is not the same as organizing an elaborate revenge plot. Suicidal people do not behave like Hannah does. Suicide is the ultimate act of self-harm, it's focused inward. Hannah focuses outward which makes her pathology resemble a mass killer rather then the depressed suicidal character she's supposed to be. It's an inaccurate portrayal of suicide and one that causes more harm then good. The public already has a skewed belief of suicide and depression, this plays into that. Depressed people don't need to be treated like their mental health issues are just their way of getting revenge at the people who were mean to them. They and you deserve better then that.

• Never seen it, so can't really form an opinion

1|0
    0|0
  • Yessss can't wait for season 2

2|0
    0|1
  • Loved it. Im excited for next season

1|0
    0|0
  • I recommend. Hate bullies

1|1
    0|1