Do you play an instrument?

I do... I play the real "Drums" ( No electrical ones)

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• electric guitar 😬

1|0
    0|0
    • I have always wanted to play electric guitar...

• First of all: Salsacumbia thank for for this question, im just glad to see people still love music and playing an instrument today. and if it can be of help I go find my dads writtings for me on how to play the guitar 🙂 he was an expert on this, if ur interested i'll scan them for u for sure.

2nd of all😋 oh please some drummer would be so kind to share some skits or if its possible tell me if we can find something somewhere on the internet to use, i mean anywhere on the internet pleaseee😅 Our band dissolved for 9years now and we can't find a drummer, and using a metronome is getting boooring 😑 only me and the bass guitarist remained now

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• By electrical, do you mean like fake kits (i. e. rockband/guitar hero kits), or do you mean electronic kits (i. e. from Roland, Yamaha, etc.)?

I play drums (including various other percussion instruments like djembe) , guitar, bass, some piano. I’m self taught on everything. Playing/writing music has been what I’ve done in my free time for awhile. For some reason, I really enjoy the creative aspect of it. It also helps me kind of use emotions as a substance for something positive. I started sophomore year of highschool and have been tackling new instruments since.

1|1
    0|0
    • Dude, that's totally awesome and very impressive. I've seen another comment from you elsewhere, and it seems you really do understand a lot about music and audio in general.

Can you recommend any learning resources for people who want to learn about music, especially writing it?

• Show All
    • @asker Oooh gotcha. That's interesting-- I guess it is pretty true that whenever I go into a guitar center or my local music shop, it's often times a 'sausage fest,' so to speak. It makes me wonder why more girls don't play drums hmm. In any case, that's awesome though. Playing a drum set is probably the most fun instrument I know in my opinion

• @dangerDoge: Freaking awesome, man!!! And thanks a lot for the links!!! =)

I once tried to learn music theory through the lessons on this site: https://www.dolmetsch.com/theoryintro.htm

That was actually quite a while ago now, but what got me discouraged from reading past lesson 12 was the fact that most lessons would go really overboard on mixing expositions of the formal elements of music theory with long discussions about historical details and whatnot, which, at the time, got me rather confused about what was really relevant and what wasn't.

But I can't put all the blame on the lessons: my own lack of discipline and knowledge about how to deal with the task of getting familiar with a formal system played a fundamental role in discouraging me from learning all of that. 😅

Again, I really appreciate your help! I wish much luck for you and all the best, man! 👍

• I play thedrum kid above grade 8 and taught by kenny hyslope from kenny hyslop from simple minds in glasgow... fluent in paradiddle combinations, all devisions, accents and doing the sound of muzak

1|0
    0|0
  • Guitar ( acoustic and electric). I have also dabbled in a bit of piano and would also like to start using the drums.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is my hobby to collect and learn folk and tribal instruments, I can play a few of them...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes drums

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a bass player. Let's jam.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't

1|0
    0|0
  • I play the organ

1|0
    0|0
  • Only the Skin Flute.

1|0
    0|0
  • electronic drums are real drums, they're just more silent, so you can practice in your house, while others WORK

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

Recommended myTakes