Anyone else like listening to music as they fall asleep?

With the right music at a decently low volume I find it very calming and relaxing and much easier to nod off, and if all else fails the sound of a thunder storm and rain crashing down.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually yeah because it’s relaxing. If the room is silent then my mind starts thinking of random things and questions, which means I’d not be sleeping at all, I’d be on here like I am now. Lol

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'm exactly the same, just casually listening to music rn while chilling on here

• Ah now that’s a smart move, might do the same but I just can’t stop thinking happy excited thoughts. Lol

• Thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally can't do it. Even if it's something soothing like piano or violin, music just evokes too much imagery for me to fall asleep to it.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • My mind runs haywire without music, I keep myself awake thinking to myself, whereas listening to the beat or lyrics of the music helps send me to sleep, although it can be just as troublesome if I start paying too much attention to it. Though I don't think I've gone to sleep without music now in over a few years, used to it by now I guess.

• I'm the complete opposite. It's almost a necessity for me to have silence when I'm going to sleep. Music not only distracts me, but also makes me want to either dance or sing along.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah I like to do this too. There is a youtube channel called soothing relaxations that has a lot of good piano music and shit just to have playing in the background.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually not. It just confuses me when there's music running while I'm sleeping. But a thunder storm and rain on the other hand...

0|0
    0|0
  • I would need calm music. I can't really fall asleep with too much noise. Maybe some piano :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah nothing too loud and nothing with too many drums or bass quiet music. Eels - I need some sleep was just on. :)

• Keeps me up, can't do it. If im going to have sound it needs to something consistently irregular that i can't find a beat in.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do this too
    It helps me fall asleep

0|0
    0|0
    • I find that it takes the stress away too, would go as far to say that I have better dreams too but I'm not too sure :P

• Yes. Always

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I used to do that, but now I just let the "whir" of a fan do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, all the time.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes