Anyone else like listening to music as they fall asleep?

With the right music at a decently low volume I find it very calming and relaxing and much easier to nod off, and if all else fails the sound of a thunder storm and rain crashing down.

73

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually yeah because it’s relaxing. If the room is silent then my mind starts thinking of random things and questions, which means I’d not be sleeping at all, I’d be on here like I am now. Lol

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'm exactly the same, just casually listening to music rn while chilling on here

• Ah now that’s a smart move, might do the same but I just can’t stop thinking happy excited thoughts. Lol

• Thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally can't do it. Even if it's something soothing like piano or violin, music just evokes too much imagery for me to fall asleep to it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • My mind runs haywire without music, I keep myself awake thinking to myself, whereas listening to the beat or lyrics of the music helps send me to sleep, although it can be just as troublesome if I start paying too much attention to it. Though I don't think I've gone to sleep without music now in over a few years, used to it by now I guess.

• I'm the complete opposite. It's almost a necessity for me to have silence when I'm going to sleep. Music not only distracts me, but also makes me want to either dance or sing along.