Could Further War Have Been Avoided If Padme Had Joined Anakin?

Anakin did everything he did to keep his wife and unborn children safe. Even if it meant learning the ways of the sith, killing younglings, and ruling the empire. Yet, Padme rejected him and betrayed him. She let Obi-Wan hurt him and leave him for dead. She chose herself over the galaxy and died in the end anyway. Because she was loyal to democracy and her own morals. He’d made so many sacrifices for her. He’d killed for her. He’d gone against everything he believed as a Jedi for her. But she was unable to sacrifice her morals for him. She should’ve known he’d go insane if he lost her. And with the personality she had, being so loyal to her government, she would’ve made an amazing ruler by his side, in control of the empire. Palpatine wanted Anakin to go insane and become dark. If she’d chosen what was best for everyone instead of what she wanted, Palpatine’s plan would’ve been ruined and she and Anakin could’ve raised their children and ended the war.
Thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I do not agree. It was Anakin who betrayed Padme by joining the dark side. Their alliance was with the Republic, Anakin joined the enemy hence betrayal... Anakin was a massive emo. Very emotional unstable and emotionally weak, that led him to being easily manipulated by Palpatin with mere manufacturing of imagery of Padme's death.

Obi-wan didn't hurt Anakin. Have you forgotten the scene annie choked his wife that he's supposed to keep safe? He left her unconscious from that choke cuz she won't follow him
    78.media.tumblr.com/.../...4njpPn6K1swrsj7_500.gif
    That is before the duel. This showed Anakin had been corrupted deep, Obie refused to join either and that prompted obie and annie to fight. He lost the duel and nearly burned to death... Meanwhile Padme being unconscious was brought to the asteroid place after the duel. She was healthy upon arrival explained by the robot droids yet she was dying. That's because palatine ''siphoned the Living Force from Padmé and brought it to Anakin'' as this analysis suggests www.retrozap.com/.../
    which is plausible very much. Further manipulation was done by palpatine by telling Vader that he killed her. Vader being stupid as he is believed it despite his strong senses telling him that ''But she was alive, I felt it!''

Most importantly, to answer your question the answer is no. The war had nothing to do much with their personal lives. The aim of the empire was to invade, conquer and rule the galaxy and beyond. The rebel resistance would have still continued on even if Padme joined Anakin. Oh and to conclude, Anakin was a massive emotionally idiot who didn't save his wife but got her killed!

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • He choked her when he realized she wasn’t his anymore. All of his actions up to and including that point had been influenced by her.
      And he never betrayed her. He betrayed the Republic because his alliance was with her. He was manipulated by Palpatine because she was going to die. It was all for her. His alliance was always with his family, even up until his death.
      And it has nothing to do with “personal lives”. When you’re a ruler, your personal life is irrelevant. Her joining him would’ve prevented him from becoming dark and saved a lot of lives.

• Also, chill out with the links and learn to spell :) thanks

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I believe that there could've been peace had they done so because they loved each other enough they could've compromised. Please with the feel George Lucas went for in the prequels “true love” would've conquered all

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly
      Like I know, personally, if it were my man, I would’ve joined him just out of loyalty to him. She was just a bad wife tbh and it ended up getting thousands killed

• Yeah... It could've been good

• Him realising she was not with him anymore was not based on facts. It was all from his feelings and clouded thinking. He made all that conclusions that she's with him. The fault lies on Anakin for choking her, not Padme or Obi-wan. You're victim blaming too? LOL.. All of his actions was all influenced by her? really ''all''? Way to go with getting rid of palpatine's influence lol.. Yes he betrayed the republic and along with it the relationship with Padme, Padme clearly stated why she can't follow Anakin anymore in response to his claim that it was because of Obi-wan. She said it's because of what he had done (massacred children) and the things he is planning more to do. I don't know about you but if someone brought the death to me even though I'm not dying, under the pretense of saving me; that is betrayal.

Anakin wasn't just manipulated by 'she was going to die'. It was because of layers and layers of Anakin's great fear and of loneliness and fear of losing. All it took for Anakin to submit to dark side was fake imagery, that says a lot about his emotional and objectivity’s rigidity. He was strong, have the most powerful force but his wisdom and core values are weak that can be so easily be shaped. He’s fragile
    ‘’Her joining him would’ve prevented him from becoming dark and saved a lot of lives.’’
    That’s wrong. Anakin was already part of the dark side. The physical changes (red eyes) and his actions proved that. He wasn’t on the transition when he tried to convince Padme to join. Also, just to remind you that Darth Vader was not in control of the empire, it was Darth Sidious (Palpatine) his master who does. The dark side and the war was much bigger than Darth Vader and Padme, the empire and war would still have continued without them. Hell, even with the empire defeated, the dark side continued. They’re just dots on the story. The rebel resistance continues. The war still ensued. So no, further war would not have been avoided if Padme had joined Anakin.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes I'm brown titi. Seriously!! You blocked me? Wow you're petty. Also watch Star Wars, you don't even know the story.

• Their relationship was not directly related with the war between the Empire and the Rebel Alliance. Nothing would have changed except for them being together. Some theories say that Palpatine manipulated her midi-clorians to kill her on child birth and instead save Anakin which shows again how Anakin was a puppet of Palpi.
    May the Force be with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • The empire is supposed to represent the Nazis as they use non-human races as slaves, commit genocide and would be a tyranical government who takes the freedom of all, Padme joining him would've caused more death and suffering in the long run but in most cases would be more passive like slavery and exterminations of people who would eventually rise up. The universe as a whole would eventually decide to live on their knees or die on their feet anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was gonna be that dick and say something about how 1-3 aren't star wars, but you've got some real interesting points here. I agree that taking one for the team and appeasing Anakin's crazy probably would have saved a lot of lives, but I also don't know if I could judge someone for screwing the universe by not playing wifey to a complete psycho. He was certifiably insane before she abandoned him, right?

0|0
    0|0
    • Sort of
      He did everything he did to save her. He just wanted to keep her and their children alive. He didn’t care what the cost was. He did hurt her at one point, but that was only when he noticed Obi-Wan and realized that she wasn’t his anymore

• Yeah I guess it was kinda a shit situation for everyone, so I'd say it probably would have been best for her to stay with him and not let the most powerful person alive go insane, but it's still hard to fault her for not staying as a wife with someone you don't trust, even if it would prevent a lot of conflict.

• If the Jedi were good at using the force theyd be able to stop Order [insert the number I always forget is it 34]

0|0
    0|0
    • Jedi were shit at what they do in general haha they were corrupt anyway

• Show All
    • Sounds about right I think lol

• But, since she was the way she was, so devoted to her government, she would’ve made an amazing queen at Anakin’s side.

• If anything, Obi-Wan is to blame. Psychologists have responded to Anakin's decent into the dark side and said his life and his issues were a monster waiting to happen. He was bred to be one based off the way he was raised and the things he was taught. In real life similar paths just what create the killers and rapists we have today.

If only he was raised properly instead of ignoring and suppressing his emotions, getting manipulated by Palpatine because of it and then betrayed by Obi-Wan, this all led to his fall into madness.

0|0
    0|0
  • r2d2 is the true jedi master

0|1
    0|0
  • Is this some political bs?

0|0
    0|1
  • Its over i have the high ground

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Palpatine would have not stopped by anything.

0|0
    0|0
    • They could’ve fought him. Instead, she died and Anakin joined him. Even if they couldn’t have stopped him, they still wouldn’t have been making him stronger.

• Show All
    • Yep. But if she joined, the emperor would have killed her...

• Anakin wouldn’t have allowed that. And even if the emperor did kill her, that would’ve turned Anakin even more against him, not make him join him.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes