In infinity war why did Pepper try to stop Tony from going away to save the world?

I mean I get it that she loves him but this is an all-too-frequent occurrence in movies - the woman tries to stop her loved one from going away to do his duty/job which involves saving others (at risk of his own life). I mean, what did she want him to do? Stand by while innocent people died? How could she be so selfish?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Because she didn't want anything to happen to him. They were supposed to move past this life and go live their own. There are so many more heroes out there he is just one guy with a metal suit. You might think that the other heroes would still need help but it didn't matter at all now did it? Look what happened at the end, Thanos still won. And I know that they will probably fix it in the next part but the out come would have been same even if stark hadn't helped.

0|1
    0|0
    • Stark had a very monumental part in at least holding Thanos back for as long as they did. And he'll without a doubt play an instrumental role in the next one. That's more noble than settling down and raising a kid.

• Show All
    • I see your point but it kinda falls flat since they couldn't have known that they'd fail before they even tried.

• That's true...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Sometimes when you love someone you are selfish and them putting themselves in danger is like putting yourself if something happens to them you lose part if yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Because she knows this time its really different

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't know... ? Sorry.

0|0
    0|1
  • I don't know

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Tony had just told her that he's ready to be a father and start a family so when he suddenly started leaving pepper stopped him bc she wanted Tony's new dream to come true before something happened to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tony is MGTOW and she can't stand it. You are right, she only thinks of herself.

0|0
    0|0
    • How the tuck is Tony MGTOW when he’d proposed to her? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Show All
    • Except he directly expressed an interest in exactly that.

• He literally got engaged.

• becAuse there wil always be people that need saving. And he has a pathological need to prove himself and be the hero. It's not about saving people for him it's about being the hero

0|0
    0|0
    • Perhaps but at the end of the day, people will be saved and that's an end that justifies his more selfish means anyway.

• Show All
    • No because it's not a discussion of what is more important. Be abuse what you think is more important doesn't matter. What pepper finds more important that is what matters. I don't say I agree with her. But I can understand why she is pissed.

• If he truly cared about her but cared more about being a hero he should let her be herself and not say that he is going to be there for her when he isn't

• He almost died numerous times. She figured his number had to be up sooner or later.

0|0
    0|0
    • And? Hed still be saving lives and she wanted to stop him from doing that.

• Yeah. I understand. Most superheroes that have an SO will have them try exactly what she did if they know about their powers.

• I dont know I only watch anime

0|1
    0|0
  • I told Pepper to

0|0
    0|0
  • She's ugly. I hate skinny girls with no ass

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes