In infinity war why did Pepper try to stop Tony from going away to save the world?

I mean I get it that she loves him but this is an all-too-frequent occurrence in movies - the woman tries to stop her loved one from going away to do his duty/job which involves saving others (at risk of his own life). I mean, what did she want him to do? Stand by while innocent people died? How could she be so selfish?

58

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Because she didn't want anything to happen to him. They were supposed to move past this life and go live their own. There are so many more heroes out there he is just one guy with a metal suit. You might think that the other heroes would still need help but it didn't matter at all now did it? Look what happened at the end, Thanos still won. And I know that they will probably fix it in the next part but the out come would have been same even if stark hadn't helped.

• Stark had a very monumental part in at least holding Thanos back for as long as they did. And he'll without a doubt play an instrumental role in the next one. That's more noble than settling down and raising a kid.

• I see your point but it kinda falls flat since they couldn't have known that they'd fail before they even tried.

• That's true...