Headbangers, I'm going to be releasing music!! any advice?

as soon as the end of may comes I'm going to be working with a friend who is in a few bands and is willing to be in an "internet band" with me. meaning that we will be putting together our recordings and stuff and release/sell our music online. me and him can't jam in person because my friend lives like 6 hours from me. I'm also going to eventually be getting a job so I can have the money for more music gear and to have enough in the future when/if I tour with a band I will be creating (in person). any advice for a person like me who is a noob to it?

Headbangers, I'm going to be releasing music!! any advice?
Updates:
thanks for all the great answers people XD

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Good luck and I hope to hear your music. I used to be in a band but it's been awhile. I want to perform what I write, and I write all the time.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • thanks XD nice yeah soon I'm going to start working with songwriting

• Do you write lyrics or just the song structure.

• really I've only worked with song structure a little, lyrics I never have. basically when I come up with some pretty neat riffs I end up recording it on my phone. even if it sounds a little rough on it. but I do wanna work more with song structure and lyrics

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I don’t have and good technical advice but I will tell you to not give up and don’t be afraid to put out a song just because you don’t think it’s that good. Many artist have put out songs that they thought would go nowhere’s and they ended up to be hits.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah come out with an electric and I'll buy one, Merch, T's and stuff is also good, teach Yourself the process of digital screen printing, it will be handy later.

1|0
    0|0
  • Get decent recording equipment, going economically will produce music that others will not want if you can't afford decent recording equipment find a local recording studio.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just hold your horses , and don't go over board
    And PLEASE share your work with us :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Make the music fun. Go for a broader audience to sell more albums.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't hurt your neck

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes