Do you agree that a brother beating his sister is too violent for entertainment?

I'm a story board artists. I've just received a revision of the scene I'm meant to be drawing. I've only skimmed over it, but what alarms me... is that what originally was a brother beating up his cousin, has now turned to a brother beating up his sister.
I might just be cynical but. Isn't there something cringe-worthy about that?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This is dependable on the message that the paining aimed to deliver.

If the message is about promoting this form of action; then of course not only it's cringe-worthy but also inhuman and immoral. But if the message is to decline this form of behavior and teach others about the consequences of violence as well as values of family besides humanity; then that could be a useful tool.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• It goes without saying that a guy beating up his cousin or sister is pretty bad, but there's often a much more personal bond with a sister. In most cases, they'd see each other almost every day for their first 18 years, if not longer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what the media is. If it's television, then yeah probably, unless it's cable. Comic books and movies would be fair game too. Yeah it's a heavy subject but can still drive the story forward if it's written well

0|0
    0|0
  • I was just watching sinister. 4 people have been hanged, 2 burned to death and another 4 drowned. Also 3 had throats slit including a child.
    Is that movie not entertainment?

0|0
    0|0
  • What's the difference between a sister and a cousin?

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as it has context then no nothing wrong with it

0|0
    0|0
  • It's crazy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Sisters should be the one beating them up

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's kinda violent

0|0
    0|0
  • If it were the sister beating up her cousin, or beating up her brother, it'd be a comedy sketch. But because it's a male perpetrator and a female victim, all of a sudden the theatrical scene's "too violent for entertainment". Why? Why can you only derive entertainment from watching men get beaten up, often to death?

0|0
    1|1

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes