Any experts in Latin here?

I was thinking of tattooing the Latin phrase "Audentis Fortuna Iuvat" on my arm. I just have to be really sure that it's correct. I've also come along "Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat", "Fortes Fortuna Juvat" and "Audaces Fortuna Iuvat". Which one is the oldest recorded version of the phrase?

11

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• It’s hard to say which is the older. They all roughly mean the same, the only difference being the noun. Depends on what you want to convey: audax generally refers to the bold, fortis the strong, and audens the brave. The other thing is that audaces and fortes are both plural, whereas audentis and fortis are singular.