What do you hear?

It's a similar thing like the #BlackAndBlue dress, but this discussion is about sound. #YanniOrLaurel #WhatDoUhear

• Laurel
    Vote A
  • Yanni/Jenny
    Vote B
  • Other (Explain what)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The creator of this already admitted to saying Laurel and lowering the pitch to make people hear Yanni. Everyone hearing Yanni needs to get over this and get your ears checked.

3|3
    3|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I heard yanny first, but I can hear either one if I focus. You know how you tune out your wall clock after a while and it's almost impossible to hear until you really focus on it, and then suddenly it's really noisy? It's like that. I couldn't hear Laurel until I really started to focus, but once I did that's all I heard until I focused back to the other

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 32

• I heard Laurel.

2|0
    0|0
  • I hear Laurel very clearly. I've tried and tried to hear Yanny, but I can't. My main problem is that I can't unhear the "-el" ending.

Also, people who hear Laurel hear a very low voice while people who hear yanny hear a much squeakier voice. It's super deep to me.

0|3
    0|0
    • Omg 😱😱 that's true. It sounds like a raspy smoker girl saying yanny and an beefy announcer guy saying laural...

• @Synttacks I've managed to hear Yanny now on a very high pitched version, but otherwise I don't hear it at all.

• I was introduced to this about an hour ago and only heard yanni (whatever) and after reading your message I can now hear laural and switch.

• its both. for those who think its one or the other, here's my reason. pay close attention to the different frequencies. the higher one says "yanny" but there is a lower one at the same time that says "Laurel". when I first heard it I thought it was yanny though

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I kept hearing Yanny originally and then as I was playing it for co-workers and clients I started hearing Laurel, that freaked me out, because it was able to control my mind in less than three hours...

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the frequens you listin to it. When it's said in a high pitched tone you can hear Yanni, but in a low pitched tone you hear Laurel. But the original word was Laurel.

0|1
    0|0
    • I played it on the same device and same volume and first heard Yanny for 2 hours 47 mins then suddenly heard Laurel after that. Took a break for two hours and back to Yanny, kept playing for others and after two hours again Laurel.

• This is nothing new. The mcgurk effect has been around for a long time. BA vs FA take a look... https://youtu.be/G-lN8vWm3m0

0|1
    0|0
  • I hear Yanni/Yanny.
    I cannot hear Laurel for anything, even the videos where they are messing with the pitch and stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mother’s name is Laurel. This is probably the most famous her name has ever been in her life.

1|0
    0|0
  • 0|1
    0|0
  • I hear Laurel but like it kind of sounds like Laurey. It’s hard to explain. I heard yanny the first time and now I can only hear Laurel

1|0
    0|0
  • I hear laurel, my son hears yanny. But he also says the dress was black and blue when it was clearly white and gold.

1|2
    0|0
  • When I first heared it, I heared yenny.
    But now I can hear both when I'm concentrating.
    But Laurel sounds nicer, the nice deep voice.

0|0
    0|0
  • everyone it's laurel its been confirmed. your ears are just trash.

1|1
    3|0
  • It's not even Yanni, it's Yammie... lol How the heck people hear laurel of jenny is beyound me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hear Yanny all the time.

I also asked the same question! What a coincidence.

1|0
    0|0
  • i heard jenny, larry, yaurel then yanny. haven't heard laurel yet:/

0|0
    0|0
  • I can hear both.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can’t hear laurel at all

2|0
    0|0
  • I hear yanny

1|1
    0|0
  • I hear both.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 45

• Whoever heard laurel their hearing us weird lol. Whoevet saw gold and white then their vision is messed up

0|0
    0|0
  • This isn't the original audio... in the original one that was posted a few days ago, I heard yanny, this one I clearly hear laurel. I understand why I hear ysnny over laurel but this isn't the original sound bite

0|0
    0|0
  • I only hear "Laurel". Maybe I'm too old to hear those high-pitched frequencies...

0|0
    0|0
  • You hear what you want to hear when you want to hear laurel, you hear laurel you can make a conscious decision of exploring and trying to fit yanni into it and you ll here yaary

1|0
    1|0
    • I can't change what I hear. There is yanny when he heights the pitch, but other wise its LITERALLY fucking Laurel. People hearing yannie at first need to get their ears checked. ASAP.

• Keep an open mind done assume you are correct always you will learn more

• But I'm not "assuming I'm correct" I KNOW I'm correct because the guy who made this video even confirmed that he was saying Laurel and explained how people to hear yanny.. soo... 😂

• Is this a thing? People actually hear laurel? That's weird.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a play on an audio test with two overlapping sound files it's meant to see what you have an affinity to high pitches yanny or low pitches laural

0|0
    0|0
  • You can hear both it just depends what frequency you play it at. Also people hear different because it also depends on what frequency there ears can naturally pick up the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • YANNI, without a doubt, Though I did see the white and gold dress.

0|0
    0|0
  • How the fuck do you hear yanni? I even try to hear yanni but all i hear is laurel

1|1
    1|0
    • Try shifting your attention to the higher notes.

• Show All
    • Maybe they didn't like the use of the word "fuck". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Well they deserve a good fuck if they since they need to relax with a damn orgasm.

• I hear a very clear laurel, and can't begin comprehending how to hear yanny.

0|0
    0|0
  • STOP! THIS IS THE INTERNET POLICE YOU ARE IN POSSESSION AND DEALING A DEAD MEME THIS IS A SERIOUS OFFENSE

0|0
    0|0
  • I heard Laurel, which has been confirmed as the what it is actually saying

1|0
    0|0
  • Yanny Yanny Yanny Ya-rel Yaurel Laurel Laurel Laurel

0|0
    0|0
  • I've asked the same question brfore you but for some reason you recieve higher publicity?

0|0
    0|0
  • I hear Laurel or ''lowrel' specifically. Upvote you hear it too

0|0
    0|1
  • watch the buzzfeed video about this. It will clear this all up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I heard Laurel & Hardy guess I'm going to counseling lol

0|0
    0|0
  • How the heck do so many people hear Laurel its practically impossible

0|0
    0|0
  • Not quiet " Yanny" but actually
    " Yammy ".

0|0
    0|0