Is it just me or is this season of 13 reasons why painting Hannah in a more unsavory light?

I feel like they are painting Hannah in a antagonistic light more this season as the kids are telling their stories.
Updates:
For a protagonist they sure are making her look bad

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I never liked Hannah in the first season, so I’m not surprised.

2|2
    1|2
    • Heh, I feel you.. Lol..

• Show All
    • @HitGirl_4680 Pulease girl pulease stop actin like I'm down playin feelins of suicide.. I'm talkin about Hannah's reasons.. Not gotdamn downplayin.. Like I said a lot of her reasons weren't good reasons.. There is no agreein or not.. Many people agree that the reasons weren't good.. It was a legit criticism of the show.. So please stop actin like I was the only one sayin it.. It's just a gotdamn show where the reasons where made up!.. Like I said, many people go through some of the stuff she went through all the time.. Her death was heartbreakin, but her reasons, and the fact that she made the tapes weren't so much.. I'm sorry you feel that I'm underminin the feelins of suicide but I'm not.. I just didn't think some of Hannah's reasons weren't good.. I'm also sorry for what you go through, but wit all due respect don't make a mountain outta a mole hill.. Cause you are takin my criticisms outta context..

• I mean some of her reasons..**

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean they tried in the first season, and didn't exactly succeed for some people.. I guess they are goin wit the narrative that nobody is perfect, and there's always more to the story.. But yes I do think this season is paintin Hannah in a more unsavory light..

3|1
    1|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• They are just being honest, honest doesn’t make someone a bad person or the things they do as wrong, more so they are just a normal human growing up in a world where they live and learn from their mistakes one at a time.

They are showing no one is perfect but it doesn’t mean someone still deserves to be bullied, lied about, raped, ostracised, made feel less than etc

3|1
    0|0
  • I think they are just trying to show us todays society.
    We can‘t accept things, we can‘t move on, we believe what we think is always true, we act carelessly.
    Yeah Hannah might be in a bad position right now but she never intented to be in that position, she is just a teenager right?
    We have this one girl and so many people she was involved with, everyone has their one perception of her.

0|1
    0|0
  • In the end, I believe he show wanted to emphasize that Hannah, like anyone is not perfect and has her flaws. In season 1, they made her out like a perfect person that everyone was against when in reality, we are human with flaws and we make mistakes that we don’t realize might hurt someone.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have very mixed feelings about the show, I think it kind of glamourizes suicide in the first one, the second one is also graphic but it does warn you in the first few minutes that there are scenes that could trigger people. I think it's just not good for people who are sensitive with that subject, the same as a murder series or something - just because it's suicide doesn't make it that much different

0|1
    1|0
  • They are at a court trail. The defense for the school is supposed to make Hannah look bad so it will be believable that other reasons of her life caused her to do what she did and that the school had no part in it. That's what defense lawyers do and prosecutors too. They have to paint them as a bad person to be able to win. Not saying they are right but that's what happens in court. One side is always trying to make the person look bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • they explain everything on beyond the reasons why show.
    They want to show to the audience that theirs always two views to a story and that 6 in 1000 rape victims actually get prosecuted for it.
    Also to get people talking about suicide

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's the point, to show that everything isn't just black or white. I've only seen the first episode of season 2 so far but I see what you mean

1|1
    0|0
  • I haven’t watched all 13 episodes yet but it just comes off as a lazy season 2 to me. They took a great an idea from a book and did one very successful season with it and saw the opportunity to make more money so they made a second season with all this unnecessary added pieces to the story. I mean what are they trying to prove, people who commit suicide make mistakes to? The only part I actually appreciated so far is when skye gets help and it’s an encouraging for people with the same struggles as her. And it shows the proper way to help someone with a problem get the help they need.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. Im in episode 1 and already hate it

0|1
    1|0

What Guys Said 15

• Maybe that's the point. They mentioned, and are shedding light on, that parents don't really know what their kids are like in school. I have not finished this season, but it looks like they don't want her to be as innocent as some people depicted her to be. It looks like are trying to portray what typically occurs in HS teenage life, and what they have to deal with. Nobody is innocent, but any and everybody should be held accountable for their actions.

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't seen it but people I know that have, saw her in a bad light so maybe peoples opinions have affected how they're presenting her

0|1
    0|0
  • No they definitely are. I think they are doing so to make the point that there are always two sides to everything.

0|1
    0|1
  • Shows which romanticizes suicide should be removed.

1|1
    1|1
    • I disagree with this I think it's a good depiction of how some people can cope with the loss of someone through suicide. The school drama aside - Clay and Hannah's parents have a very true reaction to loss

• Since when was making your suicide into a scavenger hunt causing unnecessary drama for others a good coping method?

• Haven't seen it yet... but the first season was a good... ya

0|0
    0|1
  • I find it funny of the people that say Hannah is not a good character orare saying suicide is glorified. Watch the whole season two and then watch the part after explaining everything. Hannah acted like a teenager typically acts. You are still growing up mentally and make mistakes. And for the one that said those weren't valid reasons obviously hasn't been depressed and definitely hasn't been raped. Being raped is something lots of women go through either by thier cousin or family or co worker or classmate. The show shows harse reality and they urge parents to watch with kids to actually talk about these issues so they don't become a reality

1|0
    0|0
  • 13 reasons why glorifies suicide and can't stand that show

1|0
    2|1
  • I haven't seen this season, but the first didn't do her a heck of a lot of justice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hannah isn't a good character

3|2
    1|1
  • Fuck Hannah Baker. She a bitch.

2|2
    1|2
  • Stop Bullying Her!

1|0
    0|0
  • worst series ever