Do you ever go to the movie theatre by yourself?

Do you enjoy it? Does it make you feel lonely?

Do you ever go to the movie theatre by yourself?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• As someone who can count their friends on one hand, that’s what I gotta do 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
    I eat by myself in public, go to my classes by myself, go shopping alone, travel alone, watch movies alone. Not to sound cocky but I love my solitude so I don’t mind it at all, of course being with friends is fun too but it leaves me exhausted.

0|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I've tried doing that once; I can say it really felt out of place without someone there to laugh/relate with or to share your movie theater food with. Like you said, it felt like a lonely experience, like going to a fancy restaurant by yourself. I can imagine some people don't mind this but I'd prefer to have someone with me to make the movie experience more exciting!

If there's a movie I'd want to watch by myself, I usually just wait till it's either avaliable at Redbox or on DVD/Blu-ray for me to rent and watch at home.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 40

• I haven't

0|0
    0|0
    • @vvl72105: Just curious... How is this related to the question above?

• Yes, several times.

Once, I was off work and caught a movie that wasn't very popular, and I was the ONLY person in the theatre. I actually took up my cell phone to call a friend just because it was funny to go "hey! I'm at the movies! No, nobody's bothered by me talking during the movie!"

Turned out there was no reception in the theatre, so I never got to do it, but...

1|0
    0|0
  • I only really go to movies for other people. I've never enjoyed them myself, i grew up with 2 brothers so naturally i was always beat 2 to 1 when it came to what movies we saw. I never got to see any of the "girly" movies so i generally can't stand watching any of them. Its torture having to sit there for 2 hours watching something that isn't interesting and resist the urge to play on my phone instead.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah. I went and saw avengers infinity war and LOVED EVERY MINUTE of my time there. I actually go to the movies to watch movies or in theatres to watch not chitchat with people. It makes me lose focus. I prefer it that way

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to do this all the time because a hacker ruined my reputation and I didn't have any friends. Now I have lots of close friends and have not been to the theatre in a long time because I am trying to save money.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 51

• I used to when I was in the Navy, and I was fine with it. I got married years later and I very much enjoyed going together. Then she left me and I can't stand going alone :/ still working on remedying that.

0|0
    0|0
  • When my friends are busy I do on occasion. I am going with them to watch Infinity Wars today though. I prefer to watch movies with them because then we can talk about it and see jokes in it at the same time. It is more fun with friends.
    But without friends is nice too if I am tired or busy. To just watch by myself is more relaxing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do, why are people so scared to go to the movies alone? It's like watching tv at home, do you need someone watching tv in your basement? Are we that much in need that we ALWAYS need someone with us to do stuff? When you go to a movie, you don't talk to anyone. I think in the last 5 years I have probably watched a movie with someone around 10 times, but I have gone to the movies at least over 50 times in the past 5 years as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I have only gone to the movie theater once over the past 20 years.

Most theaters do not allow guns to be carried by patrons, which makes them killing zones for those who seek them out. No thank you.

I have a home theater room with a 12' screen I use instead.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to go to the movies by myself, but it was a waste of money so I just watch movies at home now. If I ever have a girlfriend, then I'll start going to the movies with her but otherwise I'll just watch movies at home.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes