How can people hate video games? How do these people even breathe on the planet?

My family hates my love for video games. Friends find it childish. Girls call me geek. How can people hate video games? How do these people even breathe on the planet?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Like you, people in my life hate or love video games. I just ignore them.

I love video games. I do video game design and modeling for fun with my friends... haha

But yeah, you do you.

0|4
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• People typically imagine addcited, no-life, unhealthy people playing on it all day and night. Constant negative view, unhelped by the fact it is an entertainment not traditionally seen as social or useful. To be fair, unlike sport you don't seemingly gain much out of it. Sure, studies show it improves problem solving skills or reaction speed or something, but that doesn't mean it is the most efficient or favourable way of doing it.

These things need time and better representation.

For negative reaction just take in stride. Accept and move on. Gaming is hardly the first thing ever disliked by people who don't play.

Also NONE of your friends play games? Seriously? :/

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• It isn't that I hate them, I've just never played one. I prefer documentaries and cooking shows because they're real.

1|1
    0|2
    • Is it really possible to have a preference when you haven't even tried one of the options?

• @airylnovatech I suppose. I have an interest in things that are real and I don't have an interest in video games but you're right, I can't compare the two.

• I don't understand it either. I love video games!! My goal is to one day to teach my kids so we can play video games together as a family.

0|2
    0|0
  • It’s not that they hate video games, they just hate that you’re wasting your life playing them.

0|1
    0|1
    • How is it wasting my life?

• Show All
    • *realize lol.

• @airylnovatech lol. I dont want to argue anything, that’s all you. But you’re right. I didn’t fully answer the topic question. My bad. Here’s the answer.
      When you breathe in, or inhale, your diaphragm contracts (tightens) and moves downward. This increases the space in your chest cavity, into which your lungs expand. The intercostal muscles between your ribs also help enlarge the chest cavity. They contract to pull your rib cage both upward and outward when you inhale
      Better?
      My work here is done. Carry on gaming.

• You are a geek. I also love games but I dont go all emo about it

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they are boriiiiing.

I really love to play video games with my boyfriend on Ps4

0|1
    0|0
  • Just ignore them, theynre just missing all the fun

0|2
    0|0
  • I use to love them but now not so much

0|1
    0|0
  • Hhhh me too.,. But I don't think this a totally true a lot of people find it hard to understand so they call it a childish

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• I loved video games as a kid, then it became really difficult to find a game that does something new or interesting. Lifeless worlds, restricted choices, simplistic systems...

I guess I have moved on to the most complex game and I find many principles to win still hold true

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they don't understand the joy behind it.
    Because they evolved and were born that way.

And why did you use Leonidas from 300 as picture?

0|1
    0|0
    • Leonidas shows my frustration

• He's screaming because he screaming his battle cry because he's on the battlefield.

• Why would you use a picture of a movie and not of a video game?

0|1
    0|0
    • Coz it shows my anger

• Elvis Presley once said, "People will think you're crazy about things they don't understand." Do what you will with that :) just don't put your whole life into video games... unless you can make money from it lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Everything will change if you go out and seek people with similar interests than yours. You can try and introduce your whole family or only one member of it to Gaming. There are beautiful adventures like Broken Age which are to be played by to player. Look for cooperative non violent games like that one game about two brothers. in this one player is the blue brother and the other player is the red one. Through this you show them the beauty of imagination and dynamic story telling.

0|1
    0|0
  • i think most people dislike that for many people video games is in their opinion a too big part of their lives, and they should seen out more/different hobbies to do. i play video games myself but i do other stuff as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ma dude. They're stupid. Games are more than just games but they will never understand that. Don't think about what others think cause that would be stupid

0|1
    0|0
  • They're retarded. More than half of them bury their faces in their phones all day. Not a big difference from playing games. Bother entertainment in a sense.

0|1
    0|0
  • Love video games, or an obsession? I like video games and i play them whenever i have spare time, but i don't let it rule my life.

0|1
    0|0
  • How do they breathe? Because they're outside enjoying life or going to work or something.

0|0
    0|2
  • With a movie as the picture for a game related question? Whatever. Just chockeslam your family dude. They need tonsupport a child.

0|1
    0|0
  • Fuck them. Life is too short for that kind of negativity.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably due to all the oxygen.

0|1
    0|0
  • People just knock ot before they try it

0|1
    0|0
  • They might be allergic to fun

0|1
    0|0
  • Find yourself a girl who plays the games you play as much or more than you. I mean they exist, just hard to spot at first

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes