How can people hate video games? How do these people even breathe on the planet?

My family hates my love for video games. Friends find it childish. Girls call me geek. How can people hate video games? How do these people even breathe on the planet?

917

Most Helpful Girl

• Like you, people in my life hate or love video games. I just ignore them.

I love video games. I do video game design and modeling for fun with my friends... haha

But yeah, you do you.

Most Helpful Guy

• People typically imagine addcited, no-life, unhealthy people playing on it all day and night. Constant negative view, unhelped by the fact it is an entertainment not traditionally seen as social or useful. To be fair, unlike sport you don't seemingly gain much out of it. Sure, studies show it improves problem solving skills or reaction speed or something, but that doesn't mean it is the most efficient or favourable way of doing it.

These things need time and better representation.

For negative reaction just take in stride. Accept and move on. Gaming is hardly the first thing ever disliked by people who don't play.

Also NONE of your friends play games? Seriously? :/