Why are superhero movies so successful and popular today?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The quality of CGI is better than ever. Hulk for example, looks super realistic. Also the quality of actors and writing in these movies is better than ever.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• They've always been popular. Since year fucking 1. People naturally are attracted to hero characters. I mean the "superhero" Thor is literally a god from Norse mythology. Jesus too, they all just capture our interest, its innate in us to be curious of who the best is.

Type "jordan peterson hero" on youtube. He basically says it has to do with the importance of dominance and how those who can move up it are most sought after, and when people talk about what those people are like, that's where you get heroes.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• People have a fetish for heroes in corny costumes.

1|1
    0|1
  • I believe it's mostly because of the great actors who portray them. Robert Downey Jr, Hugh Jackman and so on. They make the movies fun.

Also, I'm a big fan of comic books and I'm glad we finally have the chance to see our favorite stories and characters in movies.

0|1
    0|0
  • Plots are entertaining and action is great.
    Like with Captain America movies? All were good plots and great action. Worth the price of admission.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because the characters were already famous and the storyline were already expected to be good even before people watch it

0|0
    0|0
  • Because that's what people admire and wish. To be super, strong, etc

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are good and did you see the actors? damn so hot

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't see any low budget superhero movie. Even if you see it, it is unpopular.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ironman 😻😻😻

0|0
    0|0
  • People like them

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 28

• We have always loved hero’s that took on the bad guys. On black and white tv there were westerns like Roy Rogers and Hopalong Cassidy. Sci-Fi had Flash Gordon, Jet Jackson and countless others. Before tv there was Sherlock Holmes and Robin Hood. Early civilizations had their mythology. As long as man has been around and has suffered injustice, he has invented heroes that save the downtrodden.

0|0
    0|0
  • Simply coz they are a part of the American culture or American society... It's so logically that after all this years of comics books and animations, movies become successful! They hv a kind of preparation of public minds and psychology...

0|0
    0|0
  • Ever since we were kids we all fantasized. Now with special effects and better scripts, we get to see a version of our fantasies "come to life" on the big screen, that is. It's something a great deal of us can relate to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz it is ur childhood cartoon so it is nice to see it in action and following the trend.

0|0
    0|0
  • why shouldn't they? its kinda like the same reason why comics were sucessful and popular: the fantasy it brings up to whoever is the audience/reader.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, and I don't care. Just enjoying they're producing then a lot meanwhile are successful. When they won't, I hope they back to the good movies, like watchman or The Dark Knight

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't get it too. Maybe because life is so boring and ful of work and every day is almost the same so that people want to be a hero

1|0
    0|1
  • Good plots, good actors, incredible conections between films, presents between credits, fashion scripts for partners...

0|0
    0|0
  • The modern moviegoer has intellectual interest equal to a cabbage.

0|0
    0|1
  • I’m happy the damn zombie trend died. Superheroes are okay. I wish Tobey Spider-Man would come back.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because people like to watch the same crap over and over again?

0|0
    0|1
  • Their marketing budgets are HUGE. Not to mention China and international markets where people only go to a cinema if there is something about it that makes a bigger screen do something more unlike the US were people do spend money on cinemas for normal movies, e. g horror, rom-coms and other genres that the international market would prefer to pirate or Netflix or otherwise watch at home. This even includes movies like John Wick and Fast and the Furious.

In my personal experience, back in Pakistan, I only saw 2-3 movies in a cinema EVER because I didn't want to spend money on most movies. In the US, I go about once or twice a month even if the costs are higher here. The old mentality hasn't changed, however, and the last movie I watched before Ramadan was Rampage because it had big monsters that would look better on a larger screen.

0|0
    0|0
  • They would have always been popular if we had the technology to make them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Suicide squad (I know they aren't "hero" but they rock

0|0
    0|0
  • Because superhero are ingrained in pop culture and remind of being a kid.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people want to be hero's but don't want to take risk, because their scared of pain and fear

0|0
    0|1
  • Because they were soo bad in the past. Also same reason why cosplay is so hot

0|0
    0|1
  • Because people like adventure... We are becoming adrenaline junkies day by day

0|0
    0|0
  • The story lines and the action in the movies.

0|0
    0|0
    • It’s also a good escape from everyday life for people since most times they take place in other worlds or in the future.

• All the millennials watched them as a child.

0|0
    0|1
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes