Why are superhero movies so successful and popular today?

1029

Most Helpful Girl

• The quality of CGI is better than ever. Hulk for example, looks super realistic. Also the quality of actors and writing in these movies is better than ever.

Most Helpful Guy

• They've always been popular. Since year fucking 1. People naturally are attracted to hero characters. I mean the "superhero" Thor is literally a god from Norse mythology. Jesus too, they all just capture our interest, its innate in us to be curious of who the best is.

Type "jordan peterson hero" on youtube. He basically says it has to do with the importance of dominance and how those who can move up it are most sought after, and when people talk about what those people are like, that's where you get heroes.