What is a classic movie (pre 2000) that you think is overrated?

Mine would be The Wizard of Oz. Surely it was ahead of its time but its really over rated in my opinion

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Pretty much anything by Kubrick. Yeah the cinematography is nice but it's not like... good

0|2
    1|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • i do like Ful Metal Jacket for the Drill Sargent guy

• Show All
    • Oh really? I like him a lot more now.

• he also wasn't going to get the role, if theyve had follow kubrick's "vision". he basically got so frustrated for being cut off before having a chance that he recorded himself swearing as fast as he could, as improvised as he could, and shipped the recording to kubrick's staff. eventually kubrick admited he was wrong, and hired him.

• Breakfast at Tiffany's
    Romeo and Juliet
    Wizard of Oz
    Back to the Future
    🙄

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Pulp Fiction by far. It's just some boring story. The only reason it's so widely liked is because it was told out of order. Not that Tarantino is a bad director, of course. I loved Res Dogs and Django is my favorite movie.

1|2
    0|0
  • What made the wizard of us spacial and so loved is the fact of the beginning of the era of colored movies. That's why they put so much color into it

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• I agree, Wizard of oz

1|2
    1|0
  • The Island is one , the one with Michael Caine. Just revisited that jazz. Who doesn't love him lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think the Wizard of Oz is overrated too, as is Dr Zhivago and Citizen Kane in my opinion.

0|1
    1|0
  • That romeo/juliet leonardo DiCaprio film. *maybe I'm biased against romeo and juliet in general?

0|0
    0|0
  • Pulp Fiction. I don't get what's so great about it

1|2
    0|0
  • Notting Hill

0|1
    0|0
    • Also I think there is a difference between overrated and outdated.

For instance: is Batteries Not Included a bad film? No. Has it aged badly due to advancement in CGI? Absolutely. Many films fall into this category. Small Soldiers, Die Hard, many James Bond films, Back to the Future, ET, Jaws, etc. Many horror or action films will suffer the comparison. The only films that stand a chance are the ones that rely on actor talent and camera work, which is why many musicals and romances survive. My fair lady, Mary poppins, Phantom of the Opera, to name a few.

I only say cause I think some responses are looking at the film as a whole rather than the storyline itself...

• Pretty Woman

0|1
    0|1
  • Green mile

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 25

Recommended myTakes