What was the first video game you beat and how old were you when you beat it?

Inspired by Klara-Hitler's question about which game you would want your kid to play Is there a video game you played as a kid that you'd like to watch your (future) kid play? ↗

First game I beat was Sonic 1 for the Mega Drive when I was 6.

I didn't beat Sonic 2 until a few years ago, after I learned the speedrunning trick for Mecha Sonic where you get 4 or 5 hits in on him before the fight even starts.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• A very old RPG on PC called Sudeki. The final fight was a bitch to win and I was probably 8. I was playing a lot of online FPS like CS 1.6, Half Life Deathmatch and the original Quake. Online is forever better than single player for me but I still enjoy some classics like Skyrim or Portal 2.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm bad at finishing video games. I'll play them for a few days, then get bored and try a different one. The first computer game I completed was Dig Dug. The first video game... I think it was called Double Dragon or something like that. Had two guys beating up an entire city of thugs and ruffians - which, at that age, I thought was incredibly realistic and something I could imagine myself doing when I grew up.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Umm... I have no idea how this game called, I was around 7 maybe and it was a racing game on ps2, so I beat some races if that counts...

I played a lot of games before and after, but I think the actual one I did a full walkthrough by myself was probably life is strange, when I was 13

1|0
    0|0
  • Its been 15 years since I played a video game but I only ever remember one game that I owned. Super Mario 1995 - I beat it I think 3-6 times. The game had 95 levels.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 45

• Probably one of the earlier Doom games. Although I learned how to use cheats at the time. Eventually as I became older, I went back, learn the game, the levels, the enemies, etc. and was able to complete the game without any cheats or even savegames, although I wasn't able to beat the game on it's INSANE difficulty level of "NIGHTMARE!", but still had fun with it on the Boss levels.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmmm well the first console I got was a Wii when I was 10. And the only completable game on there was teenage mutant ninja turtles that we got in the first bundle. It could quite possibly have been Wall e

Whether I finished a game we got later first, who knows?

1|0
    0|0
  • I think Ducktales nes. I even have the remastered version, and it supposedly the same difficulty as the original if you pick hard I mode (theres no checkpoints etc) I can't beat it though now. Maybe I've lost my touch, or its the controller. Does that affect gameplay with older titles, I mean I suppose its a digital controller.

1|0
    0|0
  • Kid Icarus on the NES. 15? Cool game 'cause it had characters you could ask questions of and stores you could haggle in. Not bad for 16-bit

1|0
    0|0
  • The first game i ever beat and played was Diablo - hellfire on computer. And i must've been 7 or 8. So yeah, I'm talking way back

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it was either banjo kazooie, Donkey Kong 64 or Ocarina of time. I can't remember which it was now

1|0
    0|0
  • I think the first games I beat was bunch of dumb flash games, The first official game I beat though was Kirby Adventure from what I recall

1|0
    0|0
    • Ever played Sonic 3 & Knuckles or Sonic CD?

• Sonic CD I didn't like because of the wonky spin dash, but I had Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. Mostly just used the S&K cart to play Knuckles in Sonic 2

• Assassins Creed and I was in my late 30’s. To be clear I couldn’t play video games for the better part of my life because of my out of control Epilepsy. After it was finally brought under control I was able to start playing video games again

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't remember the first game i completed.

But i know i have completed all Halos on Campaign.
    I've completed Mad Max, New Super Mario Bros, Lego Star Wars III, Minecraft,...
    I can't recall all of them.
    I play a LOT of videogames.

1|0
    0|0
  • Halo 2 legendary at 13/14 only did it out of boredom too. Typically I'm rubbish at finishing one game at a time. I prefer to play whatever game I feel like at the time.

1|1
    0|0
  • Super Mario 2 (as a part of Super Mario All Stars on SNES) and I was 7

1|0
    0|0
  • Conkers bad fur day

As a kid of age 4-6 I think there's nothing better for a first game than Conkers bad fur day to play.

1|0
    0|0
  • OMFG I thought your question was “what was the first video you beat and how old were you when you beat it?” i thought you were talking about beating my meat LOL WTF is wrong with me 😂😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably Mario 64. That was so long ago, I'm not sure how old I was but I still remember a lot of the levels like if i was looking at the screen right now

1|0
    0|0
  • I think that would probably have been crash bandicoot 2. Though come September I'm going to beat all of the remastered spyros since ours always got scratched beyond playing as kids

1|0
    0|0
  • i couldn't beat sonic, because whenever i played sega for more than 3 hours, it gets heated up and the ICU gets burned, lol

1|1
    0|0
  • I was not much into video games.. i played GTA because i liked driving the cars so never completed it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mine was Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 on GBA. Must've been 6 when I played all the way through. It was the same year it came out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably civilization. you don't really beat it though, you finish.

1|0
    0|0
  • Metal gear solid 3, still my favorite game. I beat it at the age of 9. Didn't understand most of the plot at the time but you know 😁

1|0
    0|0
  • First game I beat that I cared about was Majoras Mask on 64

Even if it's still on 64 I will want my kids to play that

1|0
    0|0
  • It was Contra (I don't remember exact name-was 6 years old kid 😂) and used to play video games with a neighbour's son.

1|0
    0|0
  • Starfox 64 was a game I'd beat at least once a week when I was a kid.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it was Pokemon pearl when i was 7 years old. I played a lot before but never ended one until this

1|0
    0|0
  • Zelda got it bad. Threw it against the wall, punched and kicked it several times. That game got the shit beat out of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ah I remember it well. Ronald on the ropes for the Amstrad cpc... I feel old

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's was Streets of Rage on the Sega Mega Drive when I was about 6. Love that game!

1|0
    0|0
  • Super Mario Bros 2. I was maybe 7 when I got it on Super Nintendo.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pacman and Joust don't really end, so I guess my first beaten game was either The Legend of Zelda or Mario on the NES when I was 6 or 7 years old.

0|0
    0|0
  • Spongebob SuperSponge 11 years old smh hate that it was my first game smh

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• Sonic on the sega mega drive. Me mad my brother stayed up night after night to try and complete it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I played a lot of games when I was a little kid, but I finished a game that could actually end when I was 12-13. Portal 2.

1|0
    0|0
  • It was this Scooby doo game on the Wii. Me and my brother worked together to beat it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights on my PS2. I was at least 8 years old when I beat it

1|0
    0|0
  • First game I beat was probably Super Mario World at age.. I don't know, 13?

1|0
    0|0
  • Legend of Zelda link to the past at 12

1|0
    0|0
  • Kirby's Dream Land I think... when I was around 6

1|0
    0|0
  • Tony hawk pro skater and frogger

1|0
    0|0
  • Hugo on the Gameboy Advanced