What was the first video game you beat and how old were you when you beat it?

Inspired by Klara-Hitler's question about which game you would want your kid to play Is there a video game you played as a kid that you'd like to watch your (future) kid play? ↗

First game I beat was Sonic 1 for the Mega Drive when I was 6.

I didn't beat Sonic 2 until a few years ago, after I learned the speedrunning trick for Mecha Sonic where you get 4 or 5 hits in on him before the fight even starts.

1147

Most Helpful Guys

• A very old RPG on PC called Sudeki. The final fight was a bitch to win and I was probably 8. I was playing a lot of online FPS like CS 1.6, Half Life Deathmatch and the original Quake. Online is forever better than single player for me but I still enjoy some classics like Skyrim or Portal 2.

• I'm bad at finishing video games. I'll play them for a few days, then get bored and try a different one. The first computer game I completed was Dig Dug. The first video game... I think it was called Double Dragon or something like that. Had two guys beating up an entire city of thugs and ruffians - which, at that age, I thought was incredibly realistic and something I could imagine myself doing when I grew up.

Most Helpful Girls

• Umm... I have no idea how this game called, I was around 7 maybe and it was a racing game on ps2, so I beat some races if that counts...

I played a lot of games before and after, but I think the actual one I did a full walkthrough by myself was probably life is strange, when I was 13

• Its been 15 years since I played a video game but I only ever remember one game that I owned. Super Mario 1995 - I beat it I think 3-6 times. The game had 95 levels.