Has TV/movie spoilers ever made you want to watch it?

I’m currently watching Sons of Anarchy. I’m almost done season 5 out of the 7. People die in this show all the time, even main characters. I got so curious that I googled who dies. IGN made a top 12 best SOA deaths. It tells you who dies in what season, what episode and gives a brief explanation of the episode but doesn’t tell you how the character dies.

I don’t like spoilers. I tend to lose interest in the show/movie when someone spoils it. But since they left out how the characters die, I want to keep watching.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally really dislike spoilers, because there will often times be a character that I really like in a show. If I know something bad that happens in the show later on to that character, I tend to stop watching it unless it is just an EXTREMELY good show. I do this weird sort of thing where not watching the show makes it feel to me like it never actually happened. Like if my favorite character dies at the end of season 5, that means if I stop watching the show before then, the character never dies.

This also happens though with shows in general where I'm spoiler free. Sometimes, I'll stop watching a show right before the end. I feel like if I stop the show before it ends, that means the show never actually finishes. I don't know, I'm probably weird, but it's just a thing I do lol

With that in mind, I don't think I've ever had a spoiler that made me want to watch the show. I like to remain clueless about the story until I watch it. I like discussing the show after I see it and come up with my own conlcusions-- not before.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Many times. If I see an ad of commercial about some show I'm not watching and it seems interesting (even if it's like then middle of an episode) then of course I would watch it. But once I actually do end up watching something I try to avoid spoilers at all cost because I don't like them. However, I'm okay with short teaser of the upcoming episode (s).

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• In 1986, when I first saw the trailer on broadcast TV for Aliens, I knew that I had to see it. I would have seen it anyway without having seen a trailer, but the trailer was amazing.

I can't find a short version of the trailer that would have been used as a commercial on broadcast TV, but this is the longer 2-minute version that would have appeared in theaters.
    https://youtu.be/AW-7_HE98PY

0|0
    0|0
  • I started to watch Game of Thrones very late very close when the last season have been broadcasting. I was spoiled by everyone through years friends colleagues internet. I knew some stuff without seeing the series, though i liked to watch it.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't bother me in the least. Somehow, I am almost more intrigued knowing the spoiler, similar to knowing how a "magic" trick is done and then really watching how the magician does it for real.

1|0
    0|0
  • I watched a season finale of lost (season 3 or 4) and it made me super curious as to what was going on so I binged it from the beginning.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not particularly bothered by spoilers
    Won't make me stop reading or watching if I hear what happens
    I can't say that spoilers have ever made me interested in something I was not before

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really, usually the opposite because some jerk ruined part or all of it on me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep it has sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the main point of movie trailers ❤

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Yes I've watched movies where I know the spoilers. It's not always a big deal, only annoying sometimes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love spoilers and I spoil pretty much every movie/TV show.
    It makes it more interesting for me.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes