What was the last concert you went to?

I went to a concert a couple of months ago to see Def Leppard on their tour with Journey. It was so much fun. Def Leppard is one of my favorite bands for sure. I am currently buying tickets for another concert next year to see Fleetwood Mac, I freaking love Stevie Nicks. Lol

It just made me want to ask what was the last concert you went to and do you plan on going to any more in the near future? :)
What was the last concert you went to?

2|0

Most Helpful Guys

• The latest big concert I’ve been to was Lynyrd Skynyrd. I like the band, although I’m not the biggest fan. I went to it mostly because I got really great price tickets for it.

I’ve been to various smaller shows at bars since then though. They’ve been all local metal shows. I was in a band recently and played in some of them actually (and stuck around to see the rest). Others I would go to see, because I knew a band playing was decent or I wanted to support a friend playing.

They’re usually not quite my subgenre of metal— they’re often pretty heavy. I like heavy music, but not usually the point of blast beats, pig squeals, and 100% screamage. But hey, it’s fun to watch regardless. Still lots of energy and people getting thrown out after attempting to mosh after one too many beers lmao

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha yes! I would love to go see smaller bands too just for the energy and fun of it but I live in such a rural area, I'd have to drive pretty far to see any. Driving to see big bands is just more "worth it" to me I guess. I don't mean that in a pretentious way, I just don't often want to drive that far. Lol

• Show All
    • close *off

• That's cool! Yeah, I hate battling traffic and trying to find somewhere to park too. It's definitely a pain. Lol

• Most recent was 2 weeks ago - Zz Top with George Thoroghgood opening. ZZ Top is one of my favorite bands, and they have been together for 50 years, and could retire at any time, so I wanted to see them at least one more time (I think it was my 9th ZZ Top show, maybe 10th). And George Thoroughgood was fantastic as well - every bit as good as he was in the 80s.

That Journey/Def Leppard tour was good, but not as good for Def as the last time I saw them a decade ago with the Scorpions opening. They were on fire on that tour.

0|0
    0|0
    • I can imagine! I had no idea they were even still touring so when I found out, I told my mom we had to go because who knows how much longer they will be doing it. I'm so happy I got to see them. I thought Journey was good too but I really wish I could have heard them live with Steve Perry. His voice is just so iconic.

Most Helpful Girls

• Last concert was Zedd, about a year or two ago now. I'd love to go to another concert but I'm usually always broke when someone I like comes to my city 😂

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, getting tickets in a good section can really put a dent in your wallet. Lol

• The last official concert I've been to was probably an Easter or Christmas concert at church in recent years. The last paid concert I went to that cost more than $50 was the Jay Chou concert which I believe happened 9 years ago or around that date.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 39

• I think it was The Fray, Colbie Colait, and Breathe Carolina. They put on a supershow in the town I went to college at. I have seen a lot of performers though. I have seen Maroon 5, Gabriel Iglesias, Jordon Sparks, and The Fray a second time because the university I attended put on concerts every semester and we got to vote for acts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Def Leppard sounds like a cool show... those bands that have been around forever and can still put on a great entertaining live show are awesome.

My last concert was Bruno Mars. I'm not a huge fan but I went with my sis as a birthday present and was pretty impressed... that little dude is pretty smooth.

0|0
    0|0
    • It was! And yeah, since Def Leppard is probably my favorite band, I wanted to go see them live since I don't know how much longer they will be performing live. Lol

• Wow. I'm amazed.
    I'll get back to that.

The last concert I went to was Twenty One Pilots last year.

Back to you. I expected your age to be 40-50. Those are all late 70's and 80's band. I was surprised to see someone in their early 20's into those groups. How did that happen?

0|0
    0|0
    • Lmao I know, I LOVE 70's-80's bands. It's probably because that's all my parents really listened to when I was growing up so I was exposed to them way more than "modern" music. Even now though, I still love classic rock and bands/artists from those decades. :)

• I'm the rare exception who's totally not into music... I've been to maximum 5 concerts in my life.
    If I would go it would need to be a singer with a good voice. Those producing "loud noise" would chase me away :o

0|0
    0|0
    • haha for someone who's not into music, that's still more concerts than I've been to! Lol :P

• Show All
    • Enjoy your holiday! Fully deserved after all the great work you do for GAG and your moderator team :D

• Thank you, Hans! :)

• I went to a small local show 2 weeks ago and before that a big festival with Seether, Three Days Grace ( they were terrible), Fozzy, 10 Years, Starset and Red.

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't been an audience to a concert, I have only played in concerts. I am a drummer and singer I started a couple of bands before and we have played at a couple of concerts...

0|0
    0|0
  • Went to see Arctic Monkeys 2 weeks ago.

I go to concerts A LOT. Like over the last 5 years I've been to over 45 concerts, haha. The next one I have plans for is the upcoming Twenty One Pilots tour.

0|0
    0|0
  • Trans Siberian Orchestra, few years ago, was amazing. Would like to go again, not sure who else I'd like to see next though.

1|0
    0|0
    • They're awesome. I saw them in 2015, wanted to see them again last year but they didn't come to my city. Hoping they stop by this year.

• Sting 😍 and I'll go the Roger Waters one in November. In my country is difficult to get good concerts but they come once in a lifetime so I have to go when they come

0|0
    0|0
  • Sublime with Rome, was a Christmas present from my bro and sis-in-law. Fun!!

0|0
    0|0
  • The last concert i went to was tech n9ne on his plannet tour, im going to be seeing behemoth here pretty soon though

0|0
    0|0
  • I do love concerts , i used to go to concerts all the time , but last concert i saw was Incubus and they out on a great show

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never been to one. Would like to go someday but can't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I saw Migos a few months ago perform when they were down here

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I'm going to Atlanta for the Jay Z Beyonce concert Saturday

0|0
    0|0
  • The dethklok concert that was in Nashville a few years back I was blackout drunk by the end but it was righteous

0|0
    0|0
  • Panic at the disco was dope, and i want to see twenty one pilots. The problem with both bands though is the obnoxious fan base of young emo hipsters

0|0
    0|0
  • It has been a while. Last one was Judas Priest back in April.

0|0
    0|0
  • I went to see the Supersuckers in June. Saw Dwight Yoakum the week before that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Went to vance joy a few weeks ago
    It was good he put on a fun show and can tell his music is genuine

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 21

• There was some band that did some anime music that I saw last month. Apparently they're quite popular, and all I know is "I think their name means 'Arc in the Sky' in French."

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve never been to a concert, but I know the concert you’re talking about and I almost went to that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anthrax with Killswitch Engage. my first concert ever, and it was a birthday present from my dad <3

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't been to one, but I'm going to a BTS concert in September.

0|0
    0|0
  • Justin Bieber's concert... when he was like 13 lmao.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it was Celine Dion unless a broadway show were they sing counts as a concert?

0|0
    0|0
  • Haven't been to any yet... 🤔

0|0
    0|0
  • I've actually never been to a concert ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • Joan jett

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been to one, to busy working my ass off.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Scorpions one

0|0
    0|0
  • The Jonas Brothers so many years ago lol

0|0
    0|0
  • NF concert

0|0
    0|0
  • Ed Sheeran, last month.
    And Shaka Ponk in April :)

0|0
    0|0
  • AFROREPUBLIK!!! Best concert evaaaa

0|0
    0|0
  • I went to one, It was an Avatar concert

0|0
    0|0
  • Imagine Dragons and Panic At the disco

0|0
    0|0
  • Beyonce and Jay-Z and it was Ah-Mazingggg!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Navi

0|0
    0|0
  • Little Mix

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes