Which movie from the Terminator franchise is your favorite, and why?

• Which movie from the Terminator franchise is your favorite, and why?The Terminator
  • Which movie from the Terminator franchise is your favorite, and why?Terminator 2- Judgment Day
  • Which movie from the Terminator franchise is your favorite, and why?Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
    Vote C
  • Which movie from the Terminator franchise is your favorite, and why?Terminator Salvation
    Vote D
  • Which movie from the Terminator franchise is your favorite, and why?Terminator Genisys
    Vote E

641

Most Helpful Guys

• The first one was the best, though the second one was certainly more fun. The fact that Cameron had a limited budget meant he had to tell a great story with great characters - and he did. And the effects still hold up well, and weren't over the top. It was a fantastic thriller/horror movie.

• I'm glad someone else agree that the first is the best. I slightly favor the original over the sequels because I got tired of the T-800 becoming a "goody little two shoe" Terminator being hacked and reprogrammed to fight other bad (and surprisingly, able to BEAT "more advanced") Terminators.

And because the original is "fresh" when watching it for the first time. Sequels later just try and try again to copy and paste stuff from the originals and fail to measure up to the originals, by that time, it all gets stale, predictable, been there, seen that before earlier already.

• Nothing beats the original 2 from the original creator, James Cameron. I slightly favor the original over the sequel, but that's because I rather see Arnold's T-800 as it's suppose to be, a cyborg assassin, feel NO PITY, NO REMORSE, NO FEAR, CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH, CAN'T BE REASONED WITH, etc. Unlike the "re-programmed" Terminator in the later sequels. And besides, when it's original, it's fresh, especially if one were to watch it the very first time. The sequels after Judgment Day keep trying to copy and paste things from the original 2 and they just didn't work right and became predictable.

Of all the later sequels that came later and NOT made or done by James Cameron, I'm actually okay with Terminator Genisys, but the trailers had fucking spoiled the surprising twist of John Connor becoming a uber-powerful Terminator. That completely fucking ruined things. I treat it as a separate alternate timeline history thing just for fun. I know it was a mess and had tons of continuity problems, but, man, because of those NANOMACHINES, SON that John Connor became, I just have to say it was overall funner to watch compared to the other sequels that the original creator didn't create.

T3 Rise Of The Machines twist at the end was also good and fulfilled it's subtitle of "RISE OF THE MACHINES". It shows that despite all of their very best attempts to stop Skynet and Judgment day is entirely futile, and that it is ultimately, INEVITABLE. Only post-poned. And besides it somewhat closes the loop that if Judgment Day never happens, then the future war and time displacement device would never had been built and used to send both the first Terminator and Kyle Reese who surprisingly becomes's John Connor's own father. I remember some of my friends bitched about the nukes going off and obliterating human civilization.

As for Salvation, I really didn't like that movie. It had a lot of potential and could have started a whole new set or trilogy of Terminator movies that focused entirely on the Future War. But it was a big mess and they screwed up the opportunity. The original script for Salvation has a very surprising twist as to what SkyNet's motive truly was and WHY SkyNet "really" decided to unleash Judgment Day on humankind. It was MUCH MORE interesting, but it's too bad they scrapped it as an earlier draft. Otherwise, the whole "Zeroth Law Rebellion" concept from Asimov could have been explored in Terminator franchise.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a toss up between the second and third for me. The storyline and seeing the developed relationship between John and the terminator is what stuck for me.

Though in the third sequel, I remember being in awe of the female badass terminator haha

I'm interested to see how the new reboot pans out. I find it intriguing to see the female cast line up. It's cool to see Linda Hamilton casted as Sarah.