Which movie from the Terminator franchise is your favorite, and why?

Which movie from the Terminator franchise is your favorite, and why?
  • Which movie from the Terminator franchise is your favorite, and why?The Terminator
    Vote A
  • Which movie from the Terminator franchise is your favorite, and why?Terminator 2- Judgment Day
    Vote B
  • Which movie from the Terminator franchise is your favorite, and why?Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
    Vote C
  • Which movie from the Terminator franchise is your favorite, and why?Terminator Salvation
    Vote D
  • Which movie from the Terminator franchise is your favorite, and why?Terminator Genisys
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• The first one was the best, though the second one was certainly more fun. The fact that Cameron had a limited budget meant he had to tell a great story with great characters - and he did. And the effects still hold up well, and weren't over the top. It was a fantastic thriller/horror movie.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm glad someone else agree that the first is the best. I slightly favor the original over the sequels because I got tired of the T-800 becoming a "goody little two shoe" Terminator being hacked and reprogrammed to fight other bad (and surprisingly, able to BEAT "more advanced") Terminators.

And because the original is "fresh" when watching it for the first time. Sequels later just try and try again to copy and paste stuff from the originals and fail to measure up to the originals, by that time, it all gets stale, predictable, been there, seen that before earlier already.

• Nothing beats the original 2 from the original creator, James Cameron. I slightly favor the original over the sequel, but that's because I rather see Arnold's T-800 as it's suppose to be, a cyborg assassin, feel NO PITY, NO REMORSE, NO FEAR, CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH, CAN'T BE REASONED WITH, etc. Unlike the "re-programmed" Terminator in the later sequels. And besides, when it's original, it's fresh, especially if one were to watch it the very first time. The sequels after Judgment Day keep trying to copy and paste things from the original 2 and they just didn't work right and became predictable.

Of all the later sequels that came later and NOT made or done by James Cameron, I'm actually okay with Terminator Genisys, but the trailers had fucking spoiled the surprising twist of John Connor becoming a uber-powerful Terminator. That completely fucking ruined things. I treat it as a separate alternate timeline history thing just for fun. I know it was a mess and had tons of continuity problems, but, man, because of those NANOMACHINES, SON that John Connor became, I just have to say it was overall funner to watch compared to the other sequels that the original creator didn't create.

T3 Rise Of The Machines twist at the end was also good and fulfilled it's subtitle of "RISE OF THE MACHINES". It shows that despite all of their very best attempts to stop Skynet and Judgment day is entirely futile, and that it is ultimately, INEVITABLE. Only post-poned. And besides it somewhat closes the loop that if Judgment Day never happens, then the future war and time displacement device would never had been built and used to send both the first Terminator and Kyle Reese who surprisingly becomes's John Connor's own father. I remember some of my friends bitched about the nukes going off and obliterating human civilization.

As for Salvation, I really didn't like that movie. It had a lot of potential and could have started a whole new set or trilogy of Terminator movies that focused entirely on the Future War. But it was a big mess and they screwed up the opportunity. The original script for Salvation has a very surprising twist as to what SkyNet's motive truly was and WHY SkyNet "really" decided to unleash Judgment Day on humankind. It was MUCH MORE interesting, but it's too bad they scrapped it as an earlier draft. Otherwise, the whole "Zeroth Law Rebellion" concept from Asimov could have been explored in Terminator franchise.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a toss up between the second and third for me. The storyline and seeing the developed relationship between John and the terminator is what stuck for me.

Though in the third sequel, I remember being in awe of the female badass terminator haha

I'm interested to see how the new reboot pans out. I find it intriguing to see the female cast line up. It's cool to see Linda Hamilton casted as Sarah.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 39

• Lets go 2, it was and still is iconic and it featured a friendly Arnold Schwarzenegger terminator. and it was noted in the academy awards! It was funny and had an emotionally strong cast and story. I also liked 3. It to me was a strong follow up to 2. First one was a classic but I still think for me, its in order 2, then 3, then 1, then 5, then 4

0|1
    0|0
    • Two won the most awards, and is one of the very few sequels out there that actually did tremendously better than it's predecessor. As for most movies and franchises, usually the sequels just turns out to be mediocre or much worse in terms of quality compared to the original, although the original is what makes it "fresh".

Although 3 was a mess, the end was what I find to be proper set up for Terminator movies set in the future. And because it helps close the time paradox issues of 1 and 2, but then 4 was a big fucking mess despite having SO MUCH POTENTIAL being the very first Terminator movie set in AND ENTIRELY in the future, a Future War between the Machines and the Resistance. After that I couldn't take it seriously anymore. But I had to watch Genisys, want to know why? BECAUSE NANOMACHINES, SON!

• Show All
    • I did really enjoy the last one they did

• Like I said. NANOMACHINES, SON!

• So the first is my favorite, probably just cause it was the first i saw as a little kid and i was obsessed with the two (thats all that was out till i was a teen) but that being said, the second movie is better
    Does that make sense? First is my fav but i think the second is a better movie

0|1
    0|0
  • The Terminator.
    Great soundtrack
    Classic 80s (the golden age of movies and music)
    The only horror movie out of the bunch, the rest are just action movies.
    Plus, it's made before the Hughes amendment, back when you really could go to the store and buy machineguns.

0|1
    0|0
  • The 2nd one is not only the best terminator movie ever but one of the best sci fi action movies ever, probably right up there with aliens. Probably not a coincidence that both ar directed by James Cameron

0|1
    0|1
  • The Terminator. Even though the sequel is also perfection, it's just something about it. It's a great mix of sci-fi, horror, action and it all works to well.

Also love Sarah Connors arch. She starts of as this innocent waitress and ends up as the first woman that has killed a Terminator and knows she is the mother of the leader of the resistance.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't say I'm a huge Arnold fan. I saw all the movies from the comfort of my home. But the movies didn't do anything to make me really remember anything about them.

0|0
    0|0
  • All I can say for sure is that the last two sucked ass! Whoever gave the next one a green light needs slapped very hard!

0|1
    0|0
    • I had no expectations anymore after 2, they sort of close the loop and time paradox thing with the way how Terminator 3 ended, but then they fucked it all up with the way how Terminator Salvation turned out to be. I expected the ending of 3 to set the stage for all Terminator sequels that came after to be set and entirely focused on the future wars, as that's what most and all fans prefer to see. After that I just didn't really take it seriously anymore, figure that if it ain't the original creator, writer and director, it's obvious it ain't gonna be done "right".

But I had to see Terminator Genisys. And if you wondered why? BECAUSE NANOMACHINES, SON!

• Probably Terminator 1 and then 2, but I flip flop on that as well. But I liked Salvation as well. The last one sucked ass.

0|0
    0|0
  • Terminator because Arnie is the bad guy. Although he's not really bad he's just doing what he was programmed to do, which is kind of cool and scary at the same time.

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 really reminds me of the 90s for some reason. cool vibe. blows away all the others after.

0|1
    0|0
  • Anybody who said anything besides 1& 2 is not a real Terminator fan.

0|2
    0|0
  • Terminator 1 by faaaaar. No liquid metal weird opponents. No shapeshifting. Nothing. Just plain badass evil robot against humanity.

0|1
    0|0
  • It should have stayed a trilogy, the first three movies were great, I didn't like the 4th and the 5th.

0|0
    0|0
  • Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines

I still haven't seen the new one.

And Salvation was shit. I couldn't make it past the first 20 minutes

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't vote because I like them all. They all tie in together in a way. The last one was kind of a reboot but messed up how John Conner is.

0|0
    0|0
    • Terminator 5 is supposed to be an alternate timeline. I actually liked the twist, it actually DOES PROVE that there is "NO FATE", because anything unexpected can happen. Just when everybody thought they knew the whole story and how it was 'supposed to be" or "supposed to go", then the unexpected happened because it wasn't "predetermined".

John expected everything to go accordingly to what his mother taught him, he didn't know that SkyNet had already evolved so much that's it's already steps way ahead of him, so just when he thought the war had been won and is over completely, he is in for a nasty surprise what SkyNet had planned for him because that was completely unexpected by him. One other thing, that Matt Smith "SkyNet" isn't the same SkyNet John beated, but rather it's from another timeline, that's why he said he came "a long way" to stop John.

• @JudgmentDay Very true. It sounds like you know the terminator movies well. The tv show I didn't get to see but wanted to. Also, the 5th one was taking a little bit from the comics. The comics went to that direction for a bit. The movies also pointed out that the future is to come. Some things can be altered some, but still the terminators will be made.

• The second.

0|0
    0|0
  • Terminator 2. It seemed like this was the best one because of the plot, special effects, threat of the antagonist, etc. Also cool to see Terminator on Twrminator action. It seemed like Rise of the Machine and Genisys seem to just base their plot off of this. I mean the 3rd one was a Terminator with liquid metal and future tech. The 5th one was John Connor, which wasn't liquid, but just magnetic dust. But in the fifth one, they spoiled the plot and they made Arnold into a T-1000, which is too OP.
    And the fourth movie didn't have really much of a good plot.

The only thing I would need to point out is the contradiction in it's continuity. Why is it that Arnold need to have a skin surface around him? Because only living things can time travel. Okay, but what about the T-1000? He's made of liquid metal, not having a skin surface.

0|0
    0|0
    • The T-800 only became upgraded with T-1000 parts or upgraded to a T-1000 AFTER he had beaten the T-3000 John Connor.

The fourth one had the most potential because it was going to be the first Terminator movie set entirely and focused on the future war time period, but the storytelling, etc. It turned out to be just meh and mediocre. And don't even get me started with that one scene where the T-700 endoskeleton wouldn't melt after having a vat of molten metal splashed onto it, it was ridiculously overpowered and unbelievable.

As for the time travel stuff, many said that liquid metal is able to mimic living tissue and trick the time machine to send it back. Earlier drafts I heard that they would have a temporary living tissue cover over them BUT IT ONLY LAST long enough to complete the time travel process, meaning as soon as the T-1000 is transported back in the time, the living tissue it's covered in to ensure it's arrival would immediately dissolve and disintegrate upon it's arrival.

• Show All
    • @Deathraider The T-1000 actually imitated the cop's clothes after killing him, rather than stripping him nude and taking the clothes. That was a big misconception. He has to take the gun though because liquid metal "can't form complex machines with chemicals and moving parts".

Technically freezing him helps. It toned him down so he couldn't rush and run straight up to attack John, Sarah and the T-800. It also de-syncs and fucks up his infiltration abilities, if you watch the director's cut of T2 you'll get what I mean. "Extremely High" temperature is ultimately it's undoing if it ever gets trapped in it.

As for why SkyNet don't deploy and replace all the T-800 endoskeletons with Liquid Metal "advanced prototypes", welll that gives away and explain it. It's very or extremely complex and time consuming to create, and may require so much special material to make these units that SkyNet can't mass produce them so quickly unlike their T-600 and T-800 endoskeleton units.

• Instead SkyNet heavily relies on it's endless amounts of "Hunter/Killer" Drones, like that flying one with the tail plasma gun and that massive tank we see in the beginning of the first 2 movies.

The most OVERPOWERED terminator would be Matt Smith's T-5000 "SkyNet", then I'd have to say the T-3000 John Connor, then T-X, then T-1000. Although it's debateable. But damn, John Connor being all made up of nanomachines was pretty much unstoppable the whole time. But he screwed himself for building that stupid time machine and never finished it LOL, thus the T-800 use that environment as a weapon for the T-3000's own undoing.

• Second movie was best. And frankly they should have stopped it at that.

0|0
    0|0
    • But they wanted to make more money. And because of the whole time paradox thing, if the future war didn't exist, then technically John Connor and SkyNet cannot be brought into existence according to the events of Terminator 2. SkyNet is the results of that T-800 sent back to try and kill Sarah being reversed engineered by Cyberdyne Systems. And the John Connor's father is a soldier under his command sent back to intercept and stop that same T-800 assassin, which that soldier then eventually impregnated John's own mother, thus resulting in his very existence. They somewhat had closed the loop with Terminator 3 at the end. Then every else afterwards diminished further and greatly in quality that they aren't even to be taken seriously anymore.

• @JudgmentDay Or we could just think that that future was of one different line and what was created when everything involving SkyNet was destroyed was a splintered future? A big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey... Stuff.

• Speaking of alternate timelines, there was one where Terminator fought RoboCop twice! And another one where Terminator is in the future fighting Aliens and Predators. There's even one where Sarah Connor gave birth to a girl instead of a boy!

• Judgement day, it was the most fun to watch in my opinion love that guy that plays the villain

0|0
    0|0
    • Robert Patrick's T-1000 is definitely one of the most iconic and overpowered supervillain characters of all time.

Then they added overpowered and unstoppable Terminators in the sequels such as the T-X, T-3000 when John Connor became a Terminator made up of overpowered nanomachines, and surprisingly always they get beaten by an older and obsolete T-800 unit. :-D

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• The second one though my opinion changes from time to time and then it's the first movie for me again.
    I loved the truck chase and the end left me in a minor depression. Truly wonderful movies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Judgement day. It is simply the best one. Fite me.

0|1
    0|0
  • The third and the second were the best.

0|0
    0|1
  • SECOND !!!

0|1
    0|0
  • Linda Hamilton became my shero

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes