As a child what was one fad of the time you never cared for?

I would have to say mine was Pokemon cards. There is kinda a reason for that because at my school Pokemon was the in thing and if you didn't have cards or like Pokemon you were pretty much nobody. Honestly I felt like that was just kinda shitty. To me Pokemon was not really enjoyable because I found it quite boring and expensive.

2|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I wasn’t into teeny-bop or boy bands when everyone else was 😅

0|1
    0|0
    • 1998-2001was oversaturated by them and most of them died out as they were starting

• Calling other kids your mom in elementary school. Like in school the other girls would call like there friend there mom and the friend would really act like a mom. Like for some reason as a kid i never saw the appeal in that.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I liked Pokemon. But ya it was too expensive. I think my parents bought me and my sister one card each lol. She was able to trade up to like 5. I got attached to mine and kept it. 😅 I think I still have it somewhere... It was a Paras. 👍

But ya. One I didn't like was probably... Crocs. They were weird... I never really understood why people liked them.. 🤔

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never been interested in fashion of any kind. But we were poor, so I usually ended up in last year's fashions because they're on the clearance rack after they fall out of fashion. The one I hated the most was high top athletic shoes. They were ugly and uncomfortable. But I had to wear them, cuz eventually they were cheap. I got my first job at 14, and I was working full-time by the time I was 16, so I didn't have to wear ugly and uncomfortable clothes anymore.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• Justin Bieber

1|2
    0|0
  • Those silly band things because they were basically rubber bands shaped like animals. Also a webkinz. I remember it was a big thing in elementary school, but I never gotten one since they were expensive

0|2
    0|0
  • any boy band. and dial-up internet lol I know that was a 90s thing but me and my family had it for the first 9 years of my life. only thing I miss about it is the sound lol thank god for wi-fi

0|1
    0|0
  • Pogs. I tried but, I just couldn't get into the craze over pogs and slammers.

0|1
    0|0
  • Beauty trends and clothing trends.
    All the girls at my school were getting highlights or putting shinny stuff in their hair, and I was just wearing my two ponytails... sometimes even three. Haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Pokeman, Dragon ball Z and , Yu Gi Oh. I never really cared for or even liked any of them! 😊

0|1
    0|1
  • Hanah Montana and High School Musical stuff... never cared about it

0|1
    0|1
  • Hanson lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Yu-Gi-Oh

0|1
    0|0
  • Spice girls

0|1
    0|0
  • Justin Bieber and his hair

0|2
    0|0
  • Comic books.

0|1
    0|0
  • Bratz dolls

0|1
    0|1
  • Tamagotchi's they were too needy for my liking 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • Instagram😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Tide pods

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 25

• Pokemon i agree with but is this even a fad since it is still around and is thing that sticks i thoughts fads where like loom bands where they come and go after a year. But i didn't care about any fad since i don't count yugioh as one also i go into yugioh myself and from no one else.

0|2
    0|0
  • Soccer, its a national Sport where I am, but I was never interested

Race cars, like the grand prix (fomula 1 and 2 is useless, just loud, gas waste and fast but only useable on racetracks, fomula 3 is another story) im not sure if its called formula in English, here it is formel 1, 2 and 3

0|1
    0|0
  • Pretty much every trend you can think of, I never really followed the crowd especially if I just wasn't interested

0|1
    0|0
  • Music. ly. I never liked it, never will. It's just fucking stupid in my opinion

0|2
    0|0
  • Beyblades and Pokemon Cards.
    I liked watching both but never liked the idea of them as merchandise except shirts maybe.
    Digimon got to me though :v

0|2
    0|0
  • Jordans, sneakers, shit like that lol. It was all about the video games and books I’ve usually enjoyed more.

0|1
    0|0
  • I loved Pokémon cards, but what I never understood was silly bandz. They were just shaped rubber bands and they smelled weird.

0|1
    0|0
  • Silly bands because they were just shaped rubber bands

0|1
    0|0
  • Same here, I know some gaggers eyes would pop out but I never really got into Pokémon cards or video games... sorry guys

0|0
    0|0
  • Video games was just starting off - Never took to it

0|1
    0|0
  • Silly bands.

I always found them so stupid and pointless

0|1
    0|0
  • Everything that's really popular I was usually not into

0|0
    0|0
  • Disco!

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, apparently Europe loved it but America wasn't having it

• I was very weird to some folks back then because I preferred soul and R&B, and only liked some country music. Imagine - a southern white boy in the 70s! 😁

• Wasn't into Barbie.

0|2
    0|0
  • Magic, the gathering

0|0
    0|0
  • Bell bottoms, and knit vests.

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely Pokemon!

0|1
    0|0