As a child what was one fad of the time you never cared for?

I would have to say mine was Pokemon cards. There is kinda a reason for that because at my school Pokemon was the in thing and if you didn't have cards or like Pokemon you were pretty much nobody. Honestly I felt like that was just kinda shitty. To me Pokemon was not really enjoyable because I found it quite boring and expensive.

1827

Most Helpful Girls

• I wasn’t into teeny-bop or boy bands when everyone else was 😅

• 1998-2001was oversaturated by them and most of them died out as they were starting

• Calling other kids your mom in elementary school. Like in school the other girls would call like there friend there mom and the friend would really act like a mom. Like for some reason as a kid i never saw the appeal in that.

Most Helpful Guys

• I liked Pokemon. But ya it was too expensive. I think my parents bought me and my sister one card each lol. She was able to trade up to like 5. I got attached to mine and kept it. 😅 I think I still have it somewhere... It was a Paras. 👍

But ya. One I didn't like was probably... Crocs. They were weird... I never really understood why people liked them.. 🤔

• I've never been interested in fashion of any kind. But we were poor, so I usually ended up in last year's fashions because they're on the clearance rack after they fall out of fashion. The one I hated the most was high top athletic shoes. They were ugly and uncomfortable. But I had to wear them, cuz eventually they were cheap. I got my first job at 14, and I was working full-time by the time I was 16, so I didn't have to wear ugly and uncomfortable clothes anymore.