What do you think of this new superhero? One of the main things about her is she is a fat lady?

Ok so theyre releasing this new superhero, Faith. who from what I've seen she is like superman, but fat.

I've read about 3 graphic novels, my favourite was the watchmen. So you can probably guess Im not a big comic book fan to begin with. I know we live in the age of superhero movies, but I dont think we need new superheroes. From what I can tell, the golden age of superheroes was in the 1930s-50s. I think they worked at the time because they were so pure in the dark time of WW2.

Now Im gonna talk about her weight. One of the main reasons this comic is gonna exist is to promote positive body image. I've seen the argument that deadpool is an alcoholic and there are loads that have fun with drugs.

But I think the difference is that drugs n alcohol is the rockstar lifestyle. Its what so many people would love to do. But one of the reasons they dont is they have very serious negative effects. That being said, most alcoholic superhero junkies dont actually suffer that badly from them. I know there are characters who suffer from addiction. But people would rather read about characters being able to do all the things that they want to.

Going out fighting crime, partying hard and getting the girl of their dreams, all whilst having the body of a god.

Being fat, is a result of consuming more food than you can burn off. I know a few people who are fat because they dont have time to sort out a proper diet n workout and their body builds up fat really easy. Im not trying to shame them, but being fat shouldn't be celebrated in such a way. Going back to the argument about the super party lifestyles, Shaggy n Scooby doo are famous for eating loads of food, but they never get fat. Because most people enjoy food, but they dont want to gain weight.

To be honest, I thought there was already fat superheroes, but turns out the closest I could find was the villians. But they're still bad ass and fat in the same way as sumo wrestlers which are actually still pretty henchWhat do you think of this new superhero? One of the main things about her is she is a fat lady?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• What people fail to understand especially white people is that just because a person is a bigger build doesn't necessarily mean they are "unhealthy ". look at Tyra banks she's was a bigger built victorias model and considered plus size by white people but the models beside her were suffering from bulimia and anorexia. dear white people stop being so judgmental and shallow.

0|0
    1|1
    • 2d

Why just white people?

• Show All
    • 2d

Second Tyra husband is not American he's Italian .

• 2d

Im still a white guy!!!

• I think it's shit, since she's actually overweight and no one should be trying to idolise it.

1|2
    1|0
  • I just don't think its accurate, I mean all that activity saving the day - running, climbing, carrying people away/ heavy lifting and what not, and they still be plumpy? Dunno about that jazz lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks like it's going to be something boring for me. Maybe for a 12 year old girl with a body complex might help. I don't know.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yeah no, I'm all for diversity and stuff, but that's just weird.

0|2
    0|0
  • Forced body positivity is the worst

0|1
    0|0
  • Ew fatty

0|0
    1|0
  • Nope, obesity isn't good

0|1
    1|0
  • I understand and I am for promoting different body types, not only 100% ectomorphs in women and mesomorphs in men. But couldn't they just make a superhero with a body like Tyra Banks' or something like that? Larger body composition but still healthy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, if she's fat or skiny, I don't care.

BUUT if she is exactly the same as other superhero (have the same Powers) I lose interest.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• This comic will crash and burn because the demographic it is aimed at does not read comics.

0|2
    1|0
  • Not my cup of tea, though Im not big on graphic novels to start with.

0|0
    1|0
  • okey man

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes