Should I take up the guitar?

I wanted to learn the guitar since I was a little boy. I always wanted to picture myself singing while playing acoustic guitar

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It's never too late to learn something new. You can try. You might discover a new hobby to enjoy. If you discover don't really like you can always stop, nobody is forcing you. But you won't know if you really like it until you start learning.

0|1
    0|0
  • Damn! I wanted to learn the guitar since I was little, too. I have even acted when I was alone in my room (as a kid) that I'm playing the guitar and singing and people were cheering me 😂 I would still love to learn except I'm not hoping people to cheer for me, lol.
    I think you should DEFINITELY take up the guitar! You'll enjoy it 🙂

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes~
    Learning an instrument can be one a very rewarding experience

BUT!!!

Remember to pace yourself--be patient and realistic in your learning. Seen a lot folks just go out and buy and instrument only for it to gather dust because they thought they weren't getting the hang of it fast enough. No one gets the hang of it unless the practice a lot. Slow and Steady my friend. Slow and steady

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely! It's a beautiful instrument with an amazing feel to it when you play it. I play guitar. Trust me, when you're playing a song, making your own song or even just randomly humming with your own light strumming, it's one of the best feelings ever! Go for it, you won't regret it.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• do it ! I felt the same way, and I've only learnt how to play one song, I should really pick it up and practice more songs

0|1
    0|0
  • Ofcourse, if it's something you want to do. I'm also considering it. I used to have a guitar but just randomly strummed at it as my parents never got me lessons.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes you should, its never too late to learn something new

0|2
    0|1
  • Learn! :) it will be fun and you'll be proud of what you've accomplished in a few months

0|1
    0|0
  • Having learned several instruments all I can say is that from my perspective, you never regret it.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes!! Playing guitar is fun I play guitar for my chruch and also sing

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes you should

0|1
    0|0
  • Go for it

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, that'd be so cool

0|1
    0|0
  • totally XD

0|1
    0|0
  • Whatever floats your goat!

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure why not

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely. Just do it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Do it.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes you should

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 42

• Absolutely if you can play an instrument you always have entertainment and a friend. Also there are instructional video's on youtube to get you started. Bufflalo sprngfield for example is only two chords basically you can learn it in 10 minutes and you're on your way.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's only too late when you're dead. I've been playing most of my life.
    I love it. Just remember, Everyone sucks in the beginning. Learning and becoming a good guitar player takes years of patience and practice. Lots and lots of patience and practice. Get a guitar and take some lessons. If it suits you, enjoy. If not, That's fine too. Playing guitar, like many things in life, isn't for everyone. It's ok to fuck up and fail. The only real tragedy is if you don't try.
    Best of luck.

0|1
    0|0
  • YESSS! do it! its awesome! i have so many good memories with dad teachin me, and once u get used to playin, even a little bit, its so fun!
    just get a comfortable guitar, that matters a fckn lot! i fell in love with my cort electric, its more comfy than my electro acoustics, much easier to play etc.

0|1
    0|0
  • i can play the electric guitar, it's not that difficult.
    it's going to be a bit more difficult for you since you're out of puberty (which is the best time to learn an instrument or sport) but you'll be able to.

0|1
    0|0
  • You definitely should, I remember playing guitar hero in middle school and I just fell in love with rock music. I really wanted to learn to play guitar but I didn't have the money. I bought my first electric guitar back in April and I kick ass at it. I'm even using this app call yousician, which teaches you how to play step by step.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know what your thinking, and I'm going to say you don't have to start as a kid. Its never too late, I'm thinking about getting an electric guitar this Christmas.

0|1
    0|0
  • That is so fun! I’m the lead guitarist at our church. I love singing for others and I sing for my best friends. I play my guitar at church, at friends’ houses, around campfires, and when I’m down in my studio.

0|1
    0|0
  • It will take you four months with two hour long classes per week and half an hour long practice daily to be able to perform on stage I think that is a investment that is very easy to make for marvelous results, simply go for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure, but be patient with yourself and realize that you are going to have to put in many hours to play competently. Good luck.

0|1
    0|0
  • You can, but should you? If this is only about the image of yourself that you like, dont do it. Music is about passion. If you dont love singing, if you dont feel the groove of a swinging string, then dont... You should do what you like, not the image of yourself, would you stop video games now because you dont see yourself playing league of legends in 20 years?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! it's amazing what you can do with a little bit of time and inspirations and knowledge of some guitar chords.

0|1
    0|0
  • I play, and it is currently my favorute thing to do in the world. I used to be addicted to video games, but since i started guitar, i rarely play at all

0|1
    0|0
  • Being playing since I was 8 it will be very easy if you enjoy playing guitar. But not if you just enjoy the idea of playing the guitar.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, but only if you’re willing to spend hours every day for years learning and practicing. You have to dedicate hundreds of hours learning and practicing. If you think you can learn it without getting discouraged when you fail, absolutely go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for it. I tried. Made it through 3 levels before I stopped the lessons. Still have my grandfather's guitar. Of course he played 7 instruments.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go ahead, you can learn a lot from the internet if you don't want real lessons

0|1
    0|0
    • I wouldn't even mind giving you some websites and stuff to check out if you get it, just message me or whatever

• I didn't learn to play until a girl broke my heart. Best thing that ever happened to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • There is no harm in trying as you never know if you don't try

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah do it. If you start right now and stick with it you'll be decent at it in a couple years 😃

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes