Have you ever gone up on a stage? if yes how big of a crowd was the maximum you performed in front of? or do you have a stage freight?

Preforming or even a public speach, have you ever done that? And how do you feel about it?
For sure it is not easy, you have the spot lights On you and the idea of anything can go wrong is just messing with your heartbeats.
This is me on stage :
Shredding
Shredding

I can tell you that stage freight won't go away with time, I have preformed in front of 600 people that was the biggest number, one time we had technical problems, and the crowd was waiting and booing us, then I just stated to jam a bit until they fixed the issue and it was like really awesome move no one thought of.
I can assure you that everyone gets a bit of a stage freight, and many times my fellows were like "Kilani I am shaking" and then I would say "loosey goosey bro" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ And make them chill 😎
LOL that's me
LOL that's me

1|3

Most Helpful Girls

• I only performed on stage once. As a toddler... Lol. I remember how scared I was to see so many people staring at me. I forgot all the dance steps, I couldn't find my father in the crowd. Just when I was going to cry there I saw him, in the crowd. Waving his arms to help me find him and he had this big encouraging smile on his face. He was so happy and proud to see me. I smiled but looked clueless too. He understood that I forgot the dance steps because of the stage fright and nervousness. I remember him doing some of my dance moves to remind me. Which did help me and then I remembered everything and started dancing happily and confidently just like I used to at home πŸ˜‚

2|4
    0|0
  • I sang a few songs with a band on stage at a festival when I was 18 years old. I had sang on stage prior at like bar and grill places, school talent shows, and weddings. But the festival was the biggest crowd I sang in front of. For me it was amazing everytime. Yes I was very nervous and hands were shakey through the first song. But after that I was lost in the songs and it felt so good that people enjoyed hearing a story from me and loving the voice I have to tell it. I never thought of myself as a big deal. But people would stop me to make sure I knew that I gave them chills, made them cry, and that I have a beautiful voice. Its uplifting knowing I can make them feel so deeply. It's a natural high.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm used to public speaking and lecturing in front of rather large audiences, including at rather large Siggraph conventions of this sort of scale as shown in the pic below.
    Have you ever gone up on a stage? if yes how big of a crowed was the mixumim you preformed in front? or do you have a stage freight?
    I've also disrupted live performances while drunk at bars and got thrown out.

2|1
    0|0
    • For some reason public speaking always came easily to me even when I was so shy. I wasn't shy about speaking and doing presentations to large audiences because I was prepared. There was a "script", if you will. Back when I was shy, I was more shy about the party that followed when I had to talk to people "unscripted".

• Show All
  • I was in the school band from 3rd grade through college (mostly sax, and sometimes drums) and I did introductions if our instructors weren't available.

I Emceed in Cub/Boy Scouts.

I ran the audio systems for nearly every school event (starting with lunch music in Jr High) so I was always very visible.

I started DJing in high school as a Sophomore, and that meant 600+ people looking to me for 4 straight hours of performance. That is some pressure.

But I think the biggest was a fundraiser where we brought in Bob Hope. I did an introduction to 1200 people, then played in the band throughout the show.

Needless to say, I am reasonably comfortable in those situations.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• Not a stage, but a judo tournament. I lost out pretty quickly, but I was up against black belts. Almost disqualified for using strikes which are apparently banned. Nothing like getting your ass scolded then handed to you in front of about 100 people. Super embarrassing.

0|1
    0|0
    • πŸ˜• It is okay, we all have our moments, but this will make you stronger

• I guess I sing on a stage for my church most weeks. I have been on many stages for skits and talent shows. I still get stage fright for some things, like if I am playing an instrument on stage.

0|2
    0|0
    • Why, I think playing instruments is easier

• It's because I sing more often. I'm not used to playing instruments as much on stage so I psych myself out sometimes.

• that's great ☺️☺️
      Well you should sing up for G@G got talent

• I've been on one a lot because of school performance (every end of one year I were in one), I had sing, dance and play in a theater. It was pretty cool and it was one of the only time I weren't feeling shy or embarrassed. It was pretty crowded since they were all children (elementary school and infant school some middle and high schooler) and their parents.
    I think maybe around 300 peoples.

0|1
    0|0
  • i did drama in school a couple of years ago, i get terrified, my voice gets all shakey and stuttery and i feel all dazed

1|2
    0|0
  • Christmas Play at Church
    Just a small church not so small tho.
    and no I couldn't say what i was supposed to say well i just couldn't. lol
    I was too "bashful" and couldn't remember what to say.

1|1
    0|0
  • One time in my 8th grade drama class I had to go up on stage by myself and perform a monologue, it was pretty terrible

0|2
    0|0
  • I sang in front of our church choir last year when I was going n that was a festival we had maybe 40 thousand people yeah but I still ha e stage fright lol but I'm getting better

0|1
    0|0
    • That is nice :)
      It is normal to have it

• Speeches for me are way worse lol coz they r formal bow if I had been asked to just talk/speak without pressure that works for me

• I see , you have a point

• I've gone up on stage for orchestra when I used to play the voilΓ , audience is 100-200 people.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I have, not exactly a stage, it was a courtroom for bar mock trial and I had to be in the witness box... Definitely stage fright at first πŸ˜‚

0|2
    0|0
  • I went on on stage like about 4 times which was hard because I was very shy there was about 100-200 people but I still was very nervous

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 29

• In my line of work, as a musician, this is an everyday thing. I got over my stage fright 20 years ago. The biggest audience I ever played for was several thousands of people. Normally, my shows, I'm lucky if 3 people show up. But even a broken timepiece is accurate twice daily. I've had a handful of gigs that were in front of large crowds of several thousands. I've played to packed houses. I've played to empty houses. Makes no difference. I just love to play.

0|2
    0|0
  • in high school the band i played in played a 1200 seat venue. not sure if 1200 were there... probably about 1000

i also get a little stage fright. then my mind sort of checks out and i go on auto pilot

0|1
    0|0
  • I was one of the kids chosen by our music school to perform on some important national date in the (then) Yugoslavia and I was like 10 and performed in a big hall in a hotel in front of at least 100 people and I had stage fright but I didn't messed it up, I played a classical guitar Spanish piece. I also singed on karaoke nights at bars lol also I was playing in school plays like more than once and it's a funny feeling and nice yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • It is so long ago - I can't remember the details - The only reason I remember is that I was allergic to the stage eye shadow and had to go to eye hospital afterwards - It had to be a play because I can't sing or dance

0|1
    0|0
  • I have to speak in front of crowds quite a lot so I got used to it and don’t mind it at all now.

Amazing how you handled the awkward stage situation πŸ‘πŸΌ

0|1
    0|0
    • Cool
      And thanks, I just went up and started playing SpongeBob Square Pants outro theme, people were laughing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
      Nice Pic by the way looks funny and serious at the same time

• thanks πŸ˜„ that was my goal πŸ˜‹

Can judges also win the gag talent show?

• Haha we can't run, only guest judges can participate.

• Yes. I was 6 years old. I was partnered with the prettiest girl in class. We sang I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. In front of the whole town. We both stuttered at one point. We must have looked adorable.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course fighting in the Golden Gloves championship and playing football games. I just go in there and do my thing and it at times play with the ground as in showing off

1|1
    0|0
  • Crowd of 300 at a car show. Litterally my first time on stage nearly shit myself honesty. Friend bet my 100 bucks I wouldn't ask to borrow the guitar and play. Got a hundred dollars and 10 phone numbers. That's was a good day. Played Panama by VH.

0|1
    0|0
  • Kind of...
    I don't play guitar, I play Piano or at least I used to and the largest audience I had was a room of 20-25 people.

Always been good at the piano, even have dem pianist fingers so I can reach keys quicker and better than others but I guess over time when I started college, I had less time to play and I also felt like there was no point in playing it when I have no audience and my family would just mock my playing whereas everyone else always said I was awesome.

I would have liked to play it but I have no need to play it at the moment so :/

0|1
    0|0
    • Noooo don't stop
      Go, make a band, do a solo show, this is your time to shine man

• Show All
    • Thank you <3 ;)

• You are welcome ❀️

• Theatre group at high school, and one of the major roles. Audience was about 500? Spot light does not scare me, but usually, I'll have more fun ''in the shadows'' :D

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes