Should there be a female Robin in the main DC universe?

If so, who should she go out with (if anyone)?

@Bruce_VVayne_
@Selina_Kyle_

2|3

Most Helpful Guys

• To be honest, I would have wanted to see Batgirl as being Robin for a while maybe before becoming Batgirl or directly herself again.

I am not a huge fan of Carrie Kelley at all, she is already from an alternate universe. Robins are normally four to me, Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake and Damien Wayne. Damien is even open to be argued, yet if we don't count Barbara they are four.

I don't think there should be in the cinematic universe. I would love to see Dick Grayson if I had a choice. Batgirl as herself could be like Robin, since she would need a training from Bruce.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why exactly? Since Batman and Robin are set, established characters and they've always been men why would you change him to a woman? Batgirl is a woman, I don't understand why a 70 year old classic male character would be changed to another gender.

Sure, come up with new female characters if you want, I don't understand why you'd change a classic character.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't like the gender swap idea. I think they should come up with an amazing female sidekick character that has a backstory all her own and a hero identity that isn't a previously male

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• These roll reversal things going on in the comics has got to settle down now. Really? Female Thor, female Deadpool, female Venom, female Punisher, a female Galactis for heaven's sakes... It's fine and all for, I suppose feminism? But fuck it's comics.

1|2
    0|0
  • Eh. I don't really see the point in making a female robin in the first place. There is already catwoman, batgirl, huntress, and Batwoman that they could use.

1|0
    0|0
    • Although, I guess it doesn't really matter, they got three of them in the comics. It just seems like everyone wants to girl up all the characters.

• I love Huntress.

• She's one of my favorites and I'd love to see her on the big screen.

• Yes!!! Should there be a female Robin in the main DC universe? and it would be fun to see who they would team her up with

1|0
    0|0
  • There was a female Robin, if I remember correctly. In The Dark Knight Returns, n'est pas?

1|0
    0|0
  • Female super heros always disappoint me, Skinny women that do some acrobatic Kung Fu shit lol, I want a thick women! with some muscle, not crazy stupid muscle but like one of those cross fit chicks who take a little Anavar.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. They have already feminized and SJW the hell out of comics already. Now if they had a story line and it fit the story? Sure no problem, but forcing it is what makes not only for a terrible story, it is also brow beating their primary audience (white males) that they are bad (that's why they have started erasing them from comics (especially marvel who replaced Thor with a woman, Iron man with a black woman, Nick Fury with a black man, etc.)). Its ham fisted and its generally related to a ideological belief rathe then a great story. But again, if they can have a great story with it (like with green arrow with a female speedy) then I wouldn't have an issue. That said if they did this I would probably assume that its the latter rather then the former and not bother with it.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think there is one female Robin in one of the animated movies of Batman. The name of the movie is 'Batman The Dark Knight Part 2'.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe make her Batgirl's sidekick and Damian Wayne's girlfriend.

Or Batwoman's sidekick and girlfriend

1|0
    0|0
    • Or make her hetero and Batwoman's sidekick. That would be interesting.

• What do you mean go out with? We should have a new set of heroes. Have equal amount of men and women in it. Show what society thought of women back in the day

0|0
    0|0
  • Didn't batgirl have a sidekick at one time? Comics only.

1|0
    0|0
  • No because femenists would kick off that she is just a sideline character and why women can play the main superhero.

0|0
    0|0
  • There was a female robin before her name is Carrie Kelley, her first appearance was in 1986

1|0
    0|0
  • There is a female robin. I don’t know who she should go out with though

1|0
    0|0
  • sure. wasn't robin gay anyway?

1|0
    0|0
  • No...

1|0
    1|0
  • She could be like Jason Todd...