How do you feel about scary movies? Do you like them? Loath them? And what is your favourite one?

I can't watch scary movies anymore. I get such bad nightmares, but i really love horrors and thrillers.

The scary movie that stayed with me was the grudge. It's an old film but still sticks in my brain.

The one time we went to our towns chinamall and i was pushing my nephew in his pram when this little chinese or japanese girl that looks so beautiful but also looks exactly like the girl from the grudge came towards me and followed me around the store and i just ran out of there so fast like my tail was on fire or something. Such a scary moment. I was 16.

613

Most Helpful Guys

• I never got scared from them even as a boy, but was fascinated by it. Perhaps I have a morbid and dark nature about me, but also I've never had the capability to immerse myself so deeply in a film.

I realized that when my wife told me she hates sad endings because they make her sad. It's as though she's watching something real. Whereas for me, I'm just seeing it as fictional and not able to immerse myself that deeply, and so I find a sad ending a fascinating way to conclude a story, and don't find myself feeling so sad after (sometimes even cheerful because the story reveals that my life is not so bad in comparison and could be much worse).

It's hard to boil down a favorite but some include Silence of the Lambs, Evil Dead series, Night/Dawn/Day of the Living Dead, Re-Animator, Vvitch, Se7en, Frankenhooker, The Dentist, Event Horizon, Alien, The Loved Ones, Hellraiser, Cheap Thrills, Silent Hill, and The Collector.

• Oh and The Fly (1986). And Ravenous (1999).
      https://youtu.be/Z-V3X963DRI

• I'll try to see all the flims you mentioned once i put on my big girl shoes and stop being scared

• I envy you if you can feel scared watching these. It's not because of some toughness thing that I can't feel scared watching horror films and generally find them just funny or interesting. It's mostly because I lack the capability to immerse myself that much in what I'm watching.

• I like them if they're good enough. For example, provided they have considerably good quality of horrifying scenes and the ghost/spirit doesn't like to play with things (shutting the windows/doors or sliding tables/chairs etc) and is really malevolent and scary. The cliché horror movies are a bore and the climax mostly includes not-so-scary-endings. Some good horror movies I've seen are The Conjuring and The Conjuring 2. Annabelle Creations can also be considered a good horror movie.

Most Helpful Girl

• They entertain the shit out of me. I imagine that the characters are my enemies and the killer/monster is me , Delightful😂