What animated children's film is seriously underrated and why?

I say Ferdinand. it's an amazingly wholesome film and focuses on the importance of being true to yourself and not giving up. compassion goes a very long way and everyone deserves a fair chance to achieve and enjoy happiness.

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girls

• I have multiple but they’re all kind of old. Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas. It has a very interesting storyline and it’s very humorous. Treasure Planet as well for the same reasons. The Prince of Egypt was also a very beautiful movie. I loved everything about it, especially the soundtrack. Lastly, Anastasia. It was one of my favorite movies as a kid and the storyline as well as the music is amazing.

4|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• I like Plague Dogs. It's about two dogs used as test animals for research who manage to escape a research laboratory. I think it has a nice message for kids that prepares them for adulthood.
    https://youtu.be/T0UmOH6Qf1g

1|0
    0|0
    • It's also not like so happy and fluffy like a lot of kids films nowadays. I felt like there was a lot more value to more realistic sorts of films that I watched when I was a boy in helping me to understand and come to grasp with the world. The opening scene of the film:
      https://youtu.be/K_lMZtLWJOs

• Show All
    • The Plague Dogs ruined my childhood

• Just the first/original one I liked. Rest not so much.

• 1) Road to El dorado was something I REALLY liked as a kid.
    2) Sinbad the legend of the 7 seas (?) If i remember correctly.
    3) Rango. (with the chameleon sheriff?)

Can't remember any more off the top off my head.

3|3
    0|0
    • I don't know if they were necessarily underrated. I think the 1) and 2) highlighted male friendships without people claiming the characters were gay all along. Innocent times.

• Show All
    • @KnockKnock1 : Rango on your list too?

• 6) Megamind

• Honestly, not many. Most of them actually seem to be overrated if anything, especially a lot of the ones that have come out since ~2004.

I would have to agree that Ferdinand definitely slipped under a lot of radars, and it was better than most of the other animated kids movies that have come out since 2004.

0|0
    0|0
  • South Park. It teaches many important l lessons for young people. Mainly "don't believe all the bullshit adults tell you."

0|1
    0|0
    • that's not a children's film lol

• Show All
    • @LMNOP123 you seem like a smart human

• @stormbreaker06 Thanks chum! I try my best to be.

• Agree on Ferdinand. I laughed more in that film than I have in a long time. Apart from having a positive message, it's absolutely hilarious.

Zee German horses slay me every time...

1|0
    0|0
  • Coraline because it is one of the best animations but most of people don't know its beauty.

2|1
    0|0
    • Coraline is great but so creepy that I can never watch it again

• I enjoy watching horror-thriller movies too so coraline is ok for me but it can be too much for kids.

• I thought the movie "treasure Planet" was great. It had fun yet interesting plot, and the characters were somewhat relate-able, I related to the main character Jim Hawkins a lot. Too bad Disney just threw it straight into the shitter. What a waste Disney, what a waste.

0|0
    0|0
  • Antz is one of my favorite movies! It teaches kids that they can be special in their own way. I encourage everyone to watch it if they haven't seen it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Happy Feet because it's about the oppressive nature of religion (specifically Catholicism).
    rantingravingblog.wordpress.com/.../

0|0
    0|0
  • 2|0
    0|0
  • Watership Down. Not one for the faint of heat mind you.

2|0
    0|0
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire is a great movie and while it has a decent cult following, it's not as well known as it should be!

0|0
    0|0
  • TIN TIN MOVIE. IT HAD 2018 LIKE ANIMATION IN 2011.

THEY SAID THERE WOULD BE A SEQUEL BUT NONE HAS SURFACED.

2|0
    0|0
  • Penguins of Madagascar? I dunno I just enjoyed that one ^^

2|0
    0|0
  • The road to El Dorado.., I love that movie, the animation is spot on, Elton John does the soundtrack and the whole films just flows well.

2|0
    0|0
  • I like Lion King very much.

"The past can sometimes hurt. You can either run from it or learn from it."

0|0
    0|0
  • Lilo and Stitch. It should be a national treasure! It's my favorite disney movie ever.

1|0
    1|0
  • I say Ferdinand because I have not seen it but I can tell that it's for kids

0|0
    0|0
    • it's wholesome and heartwarming and entertaining at once

• Yeah it definitely looks like that.
      I enjoy those types of movies in particular I like watching movies because they make me feel heartwarming and entertain athe same time so it a plus for me.

• Treasure planet and Atlantis is criminally underrated

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 25

• Coraline is one of my favorites sense it holds a special place in my heart, I used to watch it all the time with my sister. It's almost Tim Burton-y in style, sortve creepy, and half the stuff they show its like "how did you get this approved for a kids film?" either way 10/10 would recommend.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOp1wRImIxY

0|0
    0|0
  • Love El Dorado, Bee Movie and Antz as other on here have also said. A lot of the Studio Ghibli films are great too, although not quite the traditional children's cartoons. I particularly like Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Laputa: Castle in the Sky and Spirited Away.

0|0
    0|0
  • All dogs go to heaven is pretty unknown and it shoudnt be

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know why it is underrated. Many people haven't seen it.
    it's a great movie though

2|2
    0|0
  • Swan Princess for sure.
    Watched it every time I went to my grandmas house as a kid. No one else I know seems to have seen it though lol
    What animated children's film is seriously underrated and why?

0|0
    0|0
  • Tangled is pretty good. So is the Princess and the Frog, and Anastasia.

1|0
    1|0
  • ANTZ because bugs life had to come along and steal the limelight. It was a thousand times better than bugs life!

1|0
    1|0
  • the little prince, its just a really beautiful movie and deserves more attention

1|2
    0|0
    • omg i watched that last week it was sooo good and sad af

• Show All

• imma sleep now and go meet the prince w grandpa in my dreams, u should probs get ur beauty sleep as well its 3am for u goodnighttt

• @Moezan YIS PLS ITS ON NETFLIX

nighty nightttttttt sleep well, I'm already asleep

• There are a ton of them.
    1) The Hunchback of Note Dame: Beautifully animated. Fantastic music. Great story. Well written characters. Great message.
    2) Anything by Don Bluth: The Secret of NIMH, An American Tail, All Dogs Go to Heaven, The Land Before Time, Anastasia. Seriously this man is a legend. He took darker themes and made it into great movies.
    3) Spirit or The Prince of Egypt: Some of the best work from Dreamworks.

0|0
    0|0
    • I LOVE Hunchback. what an underappreciated piece of art! I went and saw it in theaters with a couple of other people and the one guy said "I didn't like it because there weren't any good songs in it. There's not anything you'll hear on the radio." I wanted to slap him for being obtuse. The fact that he was certified genius level smart (full rides through law school) made it that much worse.

• I know it's not a film but it's still a really great animated children TV Show: Avatar the Last Airbender.

0|0
    0|0
  • Coraline
    I couldn't remember the name until recently.
    It's such a good movie haha.
    I used to watch it all the time.
    and I always thought about it every now and then and then i finally found the name.

0|0
    0|0
    • Coraline is another Tim Burton masterpiece, which also means that I can't help but be entirely creeped out by it a bit more than I should be

• 1. Anastasia!!! The melody is so sad.
    2. The Swan Princess!!!
    3. rave of the Fireflies. That movie made me balled out when I was a kid (4-6 years old). :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'( Wish there was a blueray version. I remember rewiding the VHS just to watch it again to cry. People need to watch it. It's so damn sad. Made me more sensitive to war and innocent lives dying as the consequence of war.
    4. Princess Mononoke. One of my favorite childhood movies. I remember staying up watching that movie with my brother before he became a different person. Great memories. It's a good movie about saving the Earth, nature and forest from dying.

The Little Indian from the Cupboard. Oh my God i miss that movie. It's not really an animation movie but I had the biggest crush on the Indian guy lol. I wanted to marry him when I grew up.

Hiyao Miyuzski is the God of animation movies. The 90s is amazing to grow up in.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me it has been The Last Unicorn and the Secret of Nimh

0|0
    0|0
  • I really enjoyed watching Balto, Oliver & Company, and The Good Dinosaur.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have not seen the movie, but I read the book a a child, I love that story! :D

0|0
    0|0
  • I saw Ferdinand advertised on a box of snack foods I was stocking at my store a while ago and that's the first and the last I've heard if it. Then it disappeared. I didn't know if it was out or coming out or what. I was just wondering what happened to it the other day.
    Anyway people seemed to forget Coraline right away. I on the other hand rushed to the store the day the movie came out.
    Oliver and Company too. Disney doesn't even acknowledge it! I had to google if Oliver & Co. really was Disney it's so ignored by it!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that movie can help us to learn about the importance of being true to yourself and not giving up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Zootopia

0|0
    1|1
    • this movie drives me crazy and I have no idea why, but it does. I can watch it, but it's definitely only if someone else chooses it.

• HORRID HENRY. BECAUSE IT'S JUST NOT FAIR.

1|0
    2|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes