Star Wars or Star Trek?

What do you prefer? I like both but prefer StarTrek as it was a childhood thing with my dad.
  • STAR WARS
    Vote A
  • STAR TREK
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|2

Most Helpful Girls

• DS9 and TNG will remain my favourite series of Star Trek.

As for Star Wars, never really enjoyed them. Just wasn't for me.

0|5
    0|1
  • What a question! I remember fondly our family's Star Wars/ Star Trek Binge sessions.
    Star Trek is better option I think. Luke Skywalker can only go so far.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Star trek once they get the new Picard tv. Show off the ground they want to make it with him being. His age now an how his crew an the federation has changed 20 something years later but I would like to see a new star trek show showing in between the next generation exsplain the, years in between in a series with a new captains of star ships an watch the battles an teck problems as they move foward

0|1
    0|1
  • For true sci-fi. Star Trek is the way to go.

And i go for Star Trek.

Star Trek ain`t for everybody, because they don`t really get it.

Star Wars is more on the fantasy side of things

1|2
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• I liked the Star Trek: The Next Generation television series. I also enjoyed Star Trek movies. Meanwhile, I don't care for the Star Wars television shows but like Star Wars movies a lot, except for the Solo movie. With that said, Star Trek has a slight win over Star Wars.

0|2
    0|0
  • Star wars. When sleeping at my grandparents (mums side) we used to have one film on from star wars as like our bedtime movie 😂😂

2|3
    0|0
  • Star Wars !! Although I do enjoy Star Trek as well, but I grew up watching Star Wars with my Uncle

2|2
    0|0
  • Star Trek is shit. I couldn't even finish one movie because the story line too so long to progress. And the acting...🤢 THE A C TI N G..🤮

3|1
    1|3
    • STAR WARS all the way.

• Its not shit. See, you didn`t finish it all the way through because Star Trek tends to be logical in a scientific aspect. Star Wars, not so much. Star Wars is fantasy based. That is why people love Star Wars more. Because you`ll really have to sit and watch carefully to understand what`s going and such.

• Star wars is sci-fi and so is Star trek. Aka (both fantasy based) So I'm not sure what you were tring to get at by that statement, but okay.

Star trekmay not be shit, but it takes far to long to get into the story of what is going on. I like movies the get into the story of what going on within 30 minutes. Not having to wait until the movie is half way finished to understand everything.

• From an objective Stand Point Star Trek is better but I love me some Star Wars.

0|4
    0|0
    • Objective standpoint?
      What’s that objective point? You didn’t explain

• Show All
    • @masonoram56 Exactly. Star Trek has some real logic. Star Wars is more fantasy based

• Exactly, star wars, especially now is just another Hollywood action movie without substance

• Why does it have to be either/or? Why can't it be both equally! 😉

0|1
    0|2
  • Star Trek Is a very Intelligent show

Star Wars is like a soap opera in space

I like them both, just depends what i'm in the mode for.

1|3
    1|2
  • Star Wars... I never could get into Star Trek... Just wasn't my thing.

1|2
    0|0
  • Star Trek if it’s the original version otherwise Star Wars

1|2
    0|1
  • Star Trek, because of the characters and actors. Never watched Star Wars and never will.

0|1
    0|1
  • STAR TREK ALL THE WAY!!!

0|6
    0|1
  • Star wars😎

1|2
    0|0
  • Star Wars

0|3
    0|0
  • Star Wars

1|2
    0|0
  • Trek!

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 42

• Star Wars storyline and plots are so shallow and more about wiz bang special effects and explosions. When the writers hit a dead end and can't figure out how to keep the story going, they pull out the magical Force.

Even as a kid in the 80s when everything, everyone and everywhere Star Wars was the big sh*t, but none of it to me was compelling. They're entertaining to an extent but I was never drawn to any specific character, the drama felt empty, the acting was cheesy, the lines fell flat. I would watch through each movie and then I'd have no interest watching them again.

I would say that maybe I'm just not a fan of George Lucas's work, yet I enjoy the Indiana Jones movies and I loved Willow. It was all the same George Lucas action romp and cheesy one liners here and there, but it just all meshed well in those.

But Star Wars? I dunno, just was never my thing.

Star Trek was also never my thing, but around the age of 11 or 12 there was nothing on TV to watch except an episode of TNG. I left it on to see what all the fuss was about. It was the episode "Darmok."

I had no idea who anybody was, I only saw glimpses of the original series here and there when my parents left it on... I kind of knew the basics of what the show was about but beyond that, I went in blind and with no hype or pressure from others telling me how cool it was (or wasn't)

By the end of the episode, I was left impressed. It wasn't so much about action or the ships blasting at each other, it was the characters, the acting, the ways conflict and understanding unfolded and how they solved the problem.

I wasn't hooked but I was willing to give a few more episodes a try. Eventually I got sucked in. By the time I got through the much more evolved, more mature and sometimes more brutal DS9 and it's long story arcs (that were uncommon at the time) I was all in.

Star Wars is best as a movie and that's what it does well, but Star Trek is about the TV where things have more time to develop over many episodes, you have more time to know more about the characters and the world presented to you. It reflects the conflicts in our everyday lives but with a spin.

Star Wars is like a Comic Book while Star Trek is more like a Novel. Neither is worse than the other, just tailored to different interests and tastes.

0|1
    0|1
  • Star Trek all the way for me, particularly Next Generation with Captain Picard:

Star Wars or Star Trek?

I also consider it more of a sci-fi. Star Wars starts to feel like fantasy, like knights and wizards and dragons, only with light sabers and the force.

1|3
    0|0
    • ... not that there's anything wrong with fantasy but I find Star Trek (not the new films) more interesting in some way. It tackles some more interesting and plausible themes to me that seem at least slightly more relevant to the real world that you generally don't find as much in a more fantasy setting.

• There's also a mesmerizing quality specifically for me in Next Gen. I don't know if I'm the only one that sees it but the characters from Worf to Picard to Deanna Troi to Riker all speak and act and behave in a way that seems so... soothing? I don't know. They talk in such an expressive and genuine way about how they feel and what they think, not robotic and still very expressive, but with a sense of self-discipline and calm and a tone of voice which favors cooperation and resolving conflicts (even Worf when he admits, very begrudgingly, that he was wrong) instead of creating conflicts. I find that shit mesmerizing for some reason. I recommend if anyone watches NG to pay attention to how the characters talk on that show. It's captivating to me.

• Funnily I deliberately avoided Star Trek when I was younger because I was already accumulating a resume of nerdness that I resented from teacher's pet to being into computer programming. So I was like, "I don't need any more nerd to my background! Let's look at girl's butts, lift heavy things, and pee on stuff!" But then as an adult I started to lose a little bit of the complex and checked it out and I was like, "Wow, what have I been missing? This is awesome!" And so now I got Star Trek fandom on my nerd resume.

• 1|2
    0|0
  • Star Wars is clearly better than a Star Trek.

Star Wars was a pop culture phenomenon and not only that, but Star Trek is only really popular because Star Wars basically set the setting for what a good sci fi space movie should be like.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well, right now I am loving Star Trek more.

Discovery is an awesome series!

STAR WARS or STAR TREK?

1|2
    1|0
  • I've always been drawn to star trek. Not so much the original tv series, but TNG, DS9, vovager, enterprise, discovery. All good in their own ways.
    To be controversial, i actually find a number of the starwars film underwhelming. Did enjoy Hans Solo. But haven't been blown away by the episodes 7&8. 1-3 are watchable but not great. Even parts of the original trilogy aren't great.

0|1
    0|1
  • Star Wars takes place a looong time a go in a galaxy far far away.
    Star Trek almost exclusively takes place only in the Milky way galaxy.
    On this basis alone Star Trek is more realistic. And that appeals to the nerd in me.
    Star Trek!

0|3
    0|0
  • The Sequel Trilogy is an insult to everything that came before it. People have their problems with the Prequel Trilogy, but the Sequel Trilogy really is trash in almost every way.

I do love Star Wars though. I hope the makers of Game of Thrones can deliver us the greatest films ever.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never fully got into either of those two. Watched some of it here and there but I'm not feeling that feeling where I'd be into it and want to keep watching it and following it. The last two Star Wars film, I mainly just watch it for the special effects in IMAX 3D for more than anything else, and I didn't expect them to be anywhere close to the originals in terms of quality that all the die-hard Star Wars fans loved.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unpopular opinion but Star Trek is lame AF. Star Wars is the better one but lets be real Harry potter is better than both of them.

Not saying star trek is bad, I never gave it the time of day because it looks really nerdy and just weird...

0|1
    0|1
  • Start Trek is the best for me, though Star Wars (the original Trilogy) also was enjoyable.

Star Trek seems more substantive in that it discusses/explores the implications of intergalactic co-existence (with peoples of vastly differing/clashing philosophies, values, historical perspectives, etc.) and of the technology that makes that possible. It also acknowledges the fact that not all problems are solved by shootings & explosions, and that shootings & explosions don't always bring solutions.

I would have to agree with @ak667 that Star Wars seems more like fantasy in space. (It's not the fantasy is "bad" per se. It's just that the fantasy genre generally doesn't appeal to me as much.)

1|1
    0|1
  • I grew up with Star Trek and it has 80 episodes so that’s my choice

0|4
    0|1
  • Star Trek covered some pretty deep themes, during the course of its many series.

I don't think Star Wars really got much more complicated than the interplay between good and evil?

0|0
    0|1
  • I've only seen 4 or 5 episode of star trek but I've seen all the star wars films so I have to say star wars, but I like to see all of star trek

0|2
    0|0
  • Not much of a fan of either, but since I never really cared much for Star Wars, I voted for Star Truckin' across the universe!

0|0
    0|0
  • They’re awesome in very different ways. I don’t think I can pick with so many differences.

0|2
    0|0
  • Star Wars was better story wise but the concepts that were brought up in Star Trek were way cooler, like Silicon Based Life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Star Wars. I've always loved Star Wars. I was addicted to watching Star Wars the Clone Wars when I was younger. Too many awesome characters to name.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course stAr wars. There is nothing like it. It’s truly one of a kind

Jedi

0|1
    0|0
  • Star Trek! Though I probably would have said Star Wars like 3 years ago..

0|1
    0|0
  • Star Trek is too Communist for my tastes and Star Wars turned into Gender Wars.

1|2
    0|0
  • Star Wars was fun, but the writing sucked most of the time, as did much of the acting.

0|0
    0|1
  • Star trek is boring nothing ever happens in that show.

0|0
    0|0
  • trek cuz star wars makes no sense

0|1
    0|0
  • Halo

1|1
    0|0
  • Star Trek.

2|2
    0|0
  • Star trek wars.