Do you think music in 2018 will have the longevity like music from the 80's still has?

Scorpions, Aerosmith Bruno MarsDo you think music in 2018 will have the longevity like music from the 80's still has?Do you think music in 2018 will have the longevity like music from the 80's still has?Do you think music in 2018 will have the longevity like music from the 80's still has?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Past music has longevity because nostalgia makes us remember things more fondly than they actually were, and reject new things that could interest us.

And comparing greats like a couple hair metal bands and modern pop hits makes no sense either because media consoldation almost ensures more dense lyricism and rhythms will be buried far away from the radio. So to answer, probably not, some songs are actually brilliant but people move on quickly and others hold on to their late rock too readily

0|0
    0|0
  • no, 80's music was actually good, pop n shit like that is fucking gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
    metal rock all that good shit left from the 80's has actual skills involved.
    granted some pop artists still put quite a bit of effort into their music, but as far as rap goes, fuck off rap nowadays is wannabe "N***a's" talking about sex drugs and "street life"

0|0
    0|0
  • this is the best album of 2018
    act of resistance
    from it is
    Danny Nedelko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMg9kvWYHfU

0|0
    0|1
  • No, you dont hear newer music very long on the radio , maybe 3 weeks and done. The 1980s had more hits by different people and groups than any other time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I seriously doubt it, most of what's popular now all sounds the same and has no substance or talent. Just make a beat and speak into the autotune

0|0
    0|0
  • Some might, but I don’t think as many artists will have the longevity as they used to

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the musician, most won't, but Bruno mars is great.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Most people that are big right now will be forgotten about in a year or 2.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but no for the reasons you might think. In the 80's there was no Youtube, there were no tor**** sites, no iTunes, etc., so if you wanted to hear your favorite songs you either waited forever for the radio or you went and bought albums, cassettes, of CDs. When my grandmother died she left my mom all of her money and left me her house and nearly everything in it. She had a collection of over 2000 CDs of everything from Classical to Big Band to Motown to 70s rock to Dio.. Nowadays we usually download a few cherry-picked songs in comparatively low-quality compressed formats or watch/listen on streaming services so even if you LOVE a song you usually do not have something physical that will last for decades.

And none of this touches on the "auto-tuned" repetitive beat problems with today's music.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do

0|0
    0|1
  • No music nowasays are crap

0|0
    0|0
  • nope no way

0|0
    0|0
  • Im an 80s kid.. music then had meaning

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Everything we have from the 80s now is the best of that era so yes. The best of the 2010s will definitely be preserved

1|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Or well, most liked. Can't say all of it is genuinely good lmao

• Absolutely not.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes