Are politically correct movies, TV shows and video games designed to fail?

With how poorly received the new female Dr. Who was, as well as the Star Wars sequels, the all-women Ghostbusters soft reboot, and the most recent Mass Effect and Dragon Age video games, and many other franchises adapted or rebooted to be PC friendly, you would think that the entertainment industry is adamant in not learning from their mistakes what with them still soaking these once beloved franchises with overtly political dribble and driving them into financial ruin and cancellation.

Is this agenda pushing? Is it dense and prideful ignorance over audience tastes? Perhaps their ulterior motive is to destroy any cultural icons that do not adhere to their worldview?
Or it could be that directors simply follow trends and being PC is currently ''in?'

• Yes, PC media is designed to fail.
  • No, PC media is not designed to fail.

2395

Most Helpful Girls

• From a cinematic standpoint, yes always. You see what makes a move good is tension and suspense; will they make it? Will our hero save the day? That essentially makes up the plot of the entire movie. But with PC culture the whole foundation of it all is to destroy those negative emotions. You know the ones vital to the story. So a PC movie would be a movie without a plot. How great would that be?

• Very correct. PC culture is supposedly against hardship and yet hardship is pretty much synonymous to plot.

• PC takes the fun out of everything you can't even say something funny anymore you can't enjoy a movie or show without PC being all over it.

• lmao political correctness isn't really a thing for me

I'm a stupid Asian female who's fat and ugly and school is easy

I'm 4'11.6" 99 lbs (151.4 cm and 44.5 kg)

But anyways it's not exactly designed so it fails, it's not like it exists for the sole purpose of failure, but it probably won't "succeed" so whatever

Tbh I think "girl power" is kinda dumb bc it's not like anyone's better than anyone else. It's not necessarily that men are better, but they have certain abilities that outweigh the abilities of women, but that doesn't mean women don't have traits that are better than men. They both have some advantages and some drawbacks.

The thing that's like making a bunch of mixed race people in movies I don't really notice or care about but I guess whoever is actually the best actor that fits the description of the character is best. Since movie people care only about money, they should get whoever compliments the role most and will most effectively add depth to the movie and therefore more grossing and therefore will make more money. So that's the sort of simple solution.

• Why so mean to yourself?

“I’m a stupid Asian female who’s fat and ugly...”

• @Exterminatore: You're right. She's both smart and very attractive.

• Isn't this the same chick that encouraged anorexia to everyone that's over 50 pounds or some shit lmao? I love all your comments degrading yourself and calling everyone fat pieces of shit haha, you're too hilarious to be taken seriously.

Most Helpful Guys

• PC Media is "designed" to succeed - because the left who creates it believes its what everyone wants (or should want). The fact that it so often fails tells us that not everyone is that gullible.

Aliens (Ripley), Terminator (Sarah Connor), Game OF Thrones (many strong women), Resident Evil, and plenty of other movies show that audiences - including most men - have no problem with women being portrayed as tough, strong, and smart.

But we also know the difference between a strong character well-portrayed (the recent Wonder Woman) and the forced PC-ing of existing characters for no good reason.

The left specifically went after comic books and movies/TV about 10 years ago, and have littered Hollywood with failed PC movies like Ghostbusters. But worse was the devastation to comic books, which, instead of introducing new characters, simply recast nearly every existing character as non-white, non-male, or non-straight (or a combination of these), and made the plots anti-capitalist and anti-conservative. The result? A massive decline in comic book sales even as interest in comic books had grown to an all-time high (with most sales moving away from the PC'd books to independents). Marvel and DC are both in the process of de-liberalizing themselves and restoring characters to their original identities, but the damage has been done.

• "With how poorly received the new female Dr. Who was..."

Someone has obviously not followed the reviews and Twitter-verse on Jodie Whittaker's take as the new Dr. Who. Because if you did, you'd realize that she has been universally praised by critics and viewers alike for her take on the new Doctor.

Is there a small minority comprising white male troglodytes who thinks she's shite? Sure. But that small minority are just as likely to complain about Nick Fury and Heimdall being black in the Avengers movies.

And I'm sure the Avengers movies did crap at the movies.

Oh wait.

Your white man's tears are delicious.