Are politically correct movies, TV shows and video games designed to fail?

With how poorly received the new female Dr. Who was, as well as the Star Wars sequels, the all-women Ghostbusters soft reboot, and the most recent Mass Effect and Dragon Age video games, and many other franchises adapted or rebooted to be PC friendly, you would think that the entertainment industry is adamant in not learning from their mistakes what with them still soaking these once beloved franchises with overtly political dribble and driving them into financial ruin and cancellation.

Is this agenda pushing? Is it dense and prideful ignorance over audience tastes? Perhaps their ulterior motive is to destroy any cultural icons that do not adhere to their worldview?
Or it could be that directors simply follow trends and being PC is currently ''in?'

Are politically correct movies, TV shows and video games designed to fail?
  • Yes, PC media is designed to fail.
    Vote A
  • No, PC media is not designed to fail.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• From a cinematic standpoint, yes always. You see what makes a move good is tension and suspense; will they make it? Will our hero save the day? That essentially makes up the plot of the entire movie. But with PC culture the whole foundation of it all is to destroy those negative emotions. You know the ones vital to the story. So a PC movie would be a movie without a plot. How great would that be?

1|5
    0|0
    • Very correct. PC culture is supposedly against hardship and yet hardship is pretty much synonymous to plot.

• PC takes the fun out of everything you can't even say something funny anymore you can't enjoy a movie or show without PC being all over it.

• lmao political correctness isn't really a thing for me

I'm a stupid Asian female who's fat and ugly and school is easy

I'm 4'11.6" 99 lbs (151.4 cm and 44.5 kg)

But anyways it's not exactly designed so it fails, it's not like it exists for the sole purpose of failure, but it probably won't "succeed" so whatever

Tbh I think "girl power" is kinda dumb bc it's not like anyone's better than anyone else. It's not necessarily that men are better, but they have certain abilities that outweigh the abilities of women, but that doesn't mean women don't have traits that are better than men. They both have some advantages and some drawbacks.

The thing that's like making a bunch of mixed race people in movies I don't really notice or care about but I guess whoever is actually the best actor that fits the description of the character is best. Since movie people care only about money, they should get whoever compliments the role most and will most effectively add depth to the movie and therefore more grossing and therefore will make more money. So that's the sort of simple solution.

0|3
    0|0
    • Why so mean to yourself?

“I’m a stupid Asian female who’s fat and ugly...”

• Show All
    • @Exterminatore: You're right. She's both smart and very attractive.

• Isn't this the same chick that encouraged anorexia to everyone that's over 50 pounds or some shit lmao? I love all your comments degrading yourself and calling everyone fat pieces of shit haha, you're too hilarious to be taken seriously.

Most Helpful Guys

• PC Media is "designed" to succeed - because the left who creates it believes its what everyone wants (or should want). The fact that it so often fails tells us that not everyone is that gullible.

Aliens (Ripley), Terminator (Sarah Connor), Game OF Thrones (many strong women), Resident Evil, and plenty of other movies show that audiences - including most men - have no problem with women being portrayed as tough, strong, and smart.

But we also know the difference between a strong character well-portrayed (the recent Wonder Woman) and the forced PC-ing of existing characters for no good reason.

The left specifically went after comic books and movies/TV about 10 years ago, and have littered Hollywood with failed PC movies like Ghostbusters. But worse was the devastation to comic books, which, instead of introducing new characters, simply recast nearly every existing character as non-white, non-male, or non-straight (or a combination of these), and made the plots anti-capitalist and anti-conservative. The result? A massive decline in comic book sales even as interest in comic books had grown to an all-time high (with most sales moving away from the PC'd books to independents). Marvel and DC are both in the process of de-liberalizing themselves and restoring characters to their original identities, but the damage has been done.

1|3
    0|0
  • "With how poorly received the new female Dr. Who was..."

Someone has obviously not followed the reviews and Twitter-verse on Jodie Whittaker's take as the new Dr. Who. Because if you did, you'd realize that she has been universally praised by critics and viewers alike for her take on the new Doctor.

Is there a small minority comprising white male troglodytes who thinks she's shite? Sure. But that small minority are just as likely to complain about Nick Fury and Heimdall being black in the Avengers movies.

And I'm sure the Avengers movies did crap at the movies.

Oh wait.

Your white man's tears are delicious.

0|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• When they make a show/game/movie with a lot of ""diversity"" (not natural diversity, but forced), you have to ask yourself - are they doing this for any other reason than social brownie points? If yes, it has a chance of being good. If not, it's just meaningless propaganda, with no purpose other than to push their (usually anti white, anti male, anti straight...) agenda.

0|9
    0|0
  • I dont think they are designed to fail. The people who produce them think they can't fail because they've ticked all the PC/SJW boxes and then can't understand why they do. Truth is PC/SJW culture isn't as mainstream as the very vocal minority make it seem.
    These politically correct movies, TV shows and video games fail because their producers forget who their target audience is.

0|5
    0|0
  • The forced diversity is really aggravating to me. Hire people because of their skills not there race, sex, color, or creed.

0|13
    0|0
    • It is that simple but they'll never get it...

• Show All
    • @InTimoreDei ok but in what show do we see that

• @daisyriddle Sabrina's cousin in the new Netflix Sabrina. He's basically Salem's voice but take it off the character people love and add it to a gay, black guy who has very little impact on the story. At least he wasn't written terribly but there was little reason.

Forced diversity has been a thing for a while, hence the token black person trope. It's just becoming a bigger part these days

• That is nonsense. No media company would design their product to fail, ever. It's too expensive to create the content and the competition is greater than ever to attracted eyeballs to that content. Their goal is to make money.
    by the way, female-led movies outperform male-led films at the box office.

1|0
    0|1
    • WARNING... Introducing logical thoughts in the form of written comments is strictly prohibited on this site. Violators will face a $10,000 fine, 6 months in prison and endless hours of viewing fox news.

• @villageidiot damn, you’re right. For a moment I must’ve forgotten I was on GaG

• I voted B. I love a lot of these franchises, but the majority of their fan base are guys.

0|2
    1|2
  • well there was a study that showed from all the movies in the past 4 years, the movies with female lead outperformed the ones with male leads. wonder woman, inside out, moana etc

0|1
    0|7
    • so actually ur question is wrong. they dont fail at all

• Show All
    • Wonder woman has always had a female lead.
      And Moana was designed with one.
      They aren't PC
      Movies with female leads can be great but the movie has to be designed with one and it's shouldn't push "girl power" etc.

The ghost busters remake didn't do good because it was originally designed with an all male lead but changed to all female.

Why is this bad?
      It feels as if they are pushing girl power too much.
      I wouldn't mind if one of the main characters was female but to turn all of them into PC " strong female leads" ruins the movie.

Tell me would you watch an all male movie were they constantly rubbed the slogan "man power" into your face?

• No one cares if the lead is female, Alien had a female lead and she was awesome and it was a great movie, same with Terminator. No one is against female leads, they are against forced diversity and propaganda rather then a good story (which can have any gender or race in the lead and still be good).

• As someone who loves Mass Effect 1-3 and Dragon age series, Bioware is going downhill with their games. Like for example they said the next Dragon Age game is about celebrating diversity, When the dragon age world was already diverse. Mass effect andromeda was terrible compared to the older ones.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think reusing a plot and changing something minor like a character's gender is just a lame idea for a movie.

0|1
    0|0
  • The answer to all your questions is no. It's your own fault you're a troglodyte that can't handle anything being different

0|1
    0|8
  • I really enjoy Doctor Who. The gender of the Doctor does not matter. She/he is not human anyway and it makes sense that the Doctor has many forms. Maybe one day she/he is finally ginger. =)

0|1
    0|2
    • Plus it's in the title of the series Dr who! 😁

• Show All
    • Not HUGE fan of sorts but I do like to think I see good, bad, & potential, I'll do my best to.

• @geminiboner Yeah not everyone is into Doctor Who. I get that. You don´t have to if you don´t want to.

• The issue is when the whole story was created for the purpose of political correctness. When you have an actual good story, and then add in a diverse cast, it tends to do really well. Wonder Woman, for example, is a feminist icon, and her movie also did very well.

This doesn't happen often though, because big production companies don't want to take what they perceive to be a big risk with a story that is set to be very successful. They only do that with the ones where they don't feel like they're risking much.

They worry that if they include too many progressive ideas, the ratings will drop. Because many important critics are rich old people who get offended by such things.

As for commercial success, the whole idea that having a diverse cast will hurt sales has been debunked. You lose the racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. viewers, but you gain it back in people who for the first time are seeing themselves reflected in the media.

0|0
    0|0
    • But not everyone who doesn't want diversity is a racist. If a black person fits the part give it to them but don't just say ok the cast is going to be mostly anything but white and straight people because that is prejudice in it's own right.

• Show All
    • @19magic In the movie ''doctor strange'' the ''ancient one'' the ancient leader of a CHINESE TEMPLE, who in the comic IS CHINESE, they replace him with a white person...
      At the same time, they replace white people with minorities when noone wanted them to smh

A top Disney person even said they wouldn't be putting Asians in leading roles because they'd be ''less relatable''

• @235623856289536 I am shocked that Marvel didn't make Blade the Vampire Hunter an Asian yet though since they have to change everything.

• Kinda confusing question but i have seen politically correct movies that were supported by celebrities therefore becoming more popular. I think it helps if it’s a comedy

0|0
    0|0
    • You can't have a politically correct comedy though. The whole point of jokes is to be offensive to at least someone out there. There's no such thing as a joke that isn't made at someone's expense.

• What's happened with the video games? All games I know of all have a female character in them. Also a lot of games just lets you decide on the gender and everything else is the same. Plus it's not like girls care that much that they have to play a man, though admittedly I'd like to be a female in rune factory and harvest moon brands, but that's more due to the courtship aspects of the game.

But things like fable they just allowed you to chose, plus a lot of games you don't have the clothes aspect so the only thing different would be the initial character. So it's not like there's that much extra content on games. Take phantasy star since its debut you can choose your gender, and with most of the Pokémon if not all of them.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm a female character on Destiny 2 with the best I could do version of the actress of Hela in Thor Ragnarok.

• I haven't played it but it sounds fine saying both the species and gender a cosmetic addition with only the three classes and three sub genres to worry about.

But I don't like playing online games since to play them you have to be in the time, meaning buying the console the game then having to pay for the expansion packs. To keep up with everybody else, it's too much hassle then there's the whole once it's cut from the server the game is useless.

Luckily for me it sounds like phantasy star online and I still have that on GameCube, have the ds version as well but gc is better, the only downside to it is the repetitiveness of it once they finally cut the server.

• I know I miss MAG

• Not designed to fail if you give your target audience what they want.

1|0
    0|1
  • This is stupid

0|0
    1|1
    • Please elaborate.

• Show All
    • Your the one insulting people, so don't you think that would be more applicable to you rather then me? I just pointed out that what you said was not the case.

• @SarahsSummer Because some one isn't allowed to disagree with a person or claim some one on the left is wrong about something without being mentally disturbed? Seems a little, I don't know bigoted, don't you think?

• Dont force diversity.

0|6
    0|1
  • I don't know but its fucking awesome when they do

0|3
    0|2
  • I hope so.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all a matter of perception.

0|1
    0|0
  • Will not watch after I see it is packaged

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably since it is white noise after a point

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 93

• If it’s blatantly obvious political correctness then yes, such pieces of entertainment are destined to fail. Just look at Battlfield V, it’s a lot more PC than the joke of a game COD WWII yet the former still has worse ratings. The only good things about Battlefield V is the German campaign, the physics and the fact Asian soldiers are featured in multiplayer.

In movies, just look at the 2016 ghostbusters. It absolutely flopped. Same with the ocean’s 8 film’s “lukewarm” reception.

Forcing political agendas onto the masses will not be received in a positive manner. It’s stubborn to continue to push PC culture onto the masses despite it being constantly rejected.

0|2
    0|0
  • Why do so many people from outside the U. S. have so many problems with what are primarily American issues? I don't think PCdom is all that big a deal in Latvia.

Aren't you guys more interested in what is happening with Russia's invasion of Ukraine? Are there Latvians who would not mind returning to the old Soviet Union?

Do too many Americans opine about what is happening in Riga?

1|1
    1|0
    • Because it's an established trend that whatever happens in the world's current leading superpower will be reflected here in a few short years, has always been that way. That and I like some of these franchises of American origin and it's a shame to see them be raped like this.

That and you didn't even answer any questions, instead posing your own just to shift the subject to something irrelevant.

• Show All
    • Nah, just you.

I am pretty certain of the point I am making. I travel a lot. Most people trust their own experience with their own culture over the opinion of an outsider.

And I am only using you as an example as to why Americans should not listen to you.

It is pretty simple.

• "I am pretty certain of the point I am making."
      Likewise.

And now you're just being smug.

• Agreed - this is what happens when you focus on the agenda and disregard the power of story. To write a story and include a character simply to just have a character is wasteful and disrespectful to that character. Make it meaningful. This is where a lot of folk in media fail - they think by including something of interest makes it okay.

Don't just have a person (of whatever nature, sex, color, etc.) as the main character because "hey, I think it's time we include one." Let it be a story. Have a purpose. Build it. Show conflict. Make the reader/listener/viewer/gamer involved as if they can see and feel that person (or even better, understand or become that person).

Being PC is safe - it conforms to the status quo and unfortunately teaches us to lower our expectations.

In retrospect, I think everything is the same today as it was back then - just more media coverage and opinions surfacing online which gives the perception of it failing horribly. People just talk more and don't know when to form a proper, meaningful opinion or remain respectfully and reflectively silent. Argue to find understanding, not to prove a point.

0|2
    0|0
  • Being "PC" is crazy because what is correct today is too "liberal" or "conservative" next week.

Write a movie with a strong female lead. But don't make "Jane Bond".

Why couldn't "Doctor Who" have created a spin off with a female Time Lord instead of alienating massive portions of a fan base built over 50 years?

0|3
    0|0
  • Well what do you mean by "designed to fail"? Intentionally trying to sabatoge their own franchises? Some I think did (I don't think Ryan Johnson wanted the starwars movies to succeed or at the very least he didn't care if they failed (he clearly was not a fan of the franchise to begin with), others I think are simply because the writers (most of which have gone through the educational systems propaganda machines) are busy pushing their agenda and have prioritized that over a good story. They basically where born and raised in an echo chamber (as educational systems are almost exclusively, now, left wing from grammer school all the way up to universities (fun fact many college graduates (from multiple colleges including Harvard) believed that the phrase, "We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal. . . " was from the communist manifesto (I believe it was almost 50%(so pretty good evidence of the indoctrination process (they also where less capable of critical thinking, less knowledgable on history, law and economics as well as having lower reading comprehension levels comparative to college graduates from thirty years ago and even fifty to sixty years ago))) so once they leave that and get a job in Hollywood or silicone valley they are now surrounded by even more people who where just as indoctrinated and are thus just as homogenized in their thinking as they are. This creates a situation where they are literally unable to see things from others perspectives (statistically proven) and thus cannot do anything but push their ideological views. As the failure of these franchises have shown they cannot relate to the majority of people so they cannot naturally write anything for the majority of people (like watching heavy handed Christian movies, if your not strongly Christian your not going to be able to relate or identify with the stories or characters presented). That's also why when these things fail they blame every one but themselves because again, echo chamber (plus a unhealthy level of egotism/elitism), it prevents them from self reflecting and thus fixing the problem. So they are not intentionally designed to fail (for the most part) but they are doomed to fail which is painfully obvious to every single person except those who are stuck in the echo chamber.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sadly, it won't fail any time soon. Fact of the matter is that PC empowers minorities. But it empowers them too much, to the point where "colored person" and "person of color" are different things. And power is like a drug. Just look at feminism today. And politicians will always use that thirst for power to get votes from minorities, making PC a bigger point than it really deserves to be. In a few years, saying jokes about black people will probably be illegal and punishable by law.

Now PC hides behind the mask of being liberal and good for the people, but is in fact killing the very essence of socializing between different groups, as well as humor itself. I don't think any black person wants to see their white friends laughing at offensive jokes, only for the fun to die down when he comes because they're afraid of offending him. PC is trying to stop the widening of the divide between groups, but it has about as much effect as fixing a totalled car with sticky notes.

But as I said, PC gave too much power to minorities, power which they don't want to give up now, and politicians will keep pushing PC to get votes from those minorities. That's why PC isn't going anywhere any time soon. I strongly believe we need to cut the root of the problem first, the movement which started all of this SJW bullshit, which is modern day feminism. If we manage to topple that down, then we might have a chance of toppling PC.

0|1
    0|0
  • They're not designed to fail (unfortunately) ... these "writers" / "creators" don't even realize how deep the ideological hooks of progressivism have sunk into them. Real shame too - they've taken so many great franchises and turned them into propaganda pieces. Thankfully a few major ones (like Marvel for the most part) have stayed legitimately excellent. But gems like Star Wars and (and for me this is particularly bitter) Star Trek read like propaganda (and good lord - the First Dragon Age was so fantastic - watching it collapse... tears).

If you are doubting their commitment to the "cause," look at the media / hollywood response to the Star Wars criticisms... they blamed the fans! Completely insane. I've never seen brands destroy themselves so quickly. Ultimately the market will right itself - can't force people to buy tickets to garbage.

It will take a while but eventually daring film makers will pull away from that toxic Hollywood nexus and generate thoughtful pieces which will then be well rewarded by creativity starved viewers. In the serial content space, however, we really are in a Renaissance... there are SO many fantastic shows. Was just watching Happy! from SyFy... dude... fantastic. Gaming has taken a hit too - but there are still lots of great indie games.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t care for pc culture in the least bit, but the people who constantly bitch about “pc culture” are 5000x more annoying than the pc dweebs they complain about. At some point, y’all just need to shut up and find something worth while to actually bitch about...

1|1
    0|1
    • Show All
    • Perhaps. So what? If I'm interested in something, I'll ask it. I don't get the point of question someone's reasons to ask things - no one forces you to respond.

• No, it's something that needs to be constantly pushed back against until the whole ideology/movement is grounded into dust or forced completely out of the country.

• But not becuase of the message but becuase you sacrifice the content to get it.
    You want your message to be seen/heard so bad that you don't care about the movie or gameplay.

But good examples of PC or agenda based thing is X-men. No one ever complained about that becuase the 90s animated series was great. Content first. Your fanbase first. Then sprinkle a little of your agenda. But make it low key dont be obvious with it.

0|1
    0|0
    • Also when you let your agenda adviertise your show and brand thats whar destroys the content
      Treat your characters as people not as items you can use.

• Yeah, exactly. X men had a bit of social progressivism in it but the focal point was cool superpowered people in spandex going on cool adventures.

• It's not designed to fail, but the people behind it are so far out of touch with reality that they refuse to believe that they have gone way overboard.

Cramming unnecessary SJW crap into a fantasy game is one thing, but rewriting actual historical events is another one entirely.

0|1
    0|0
  • This reminds me of the "actors can't play gay characters if they aren't gay." ACTORS, you know the people with professions that play made up characters, aren't allowed to play gay characters. And then it went even further where that famous bi girl (they were being pc!) lost her role of playing a lesbian because.. he's only bi 🤨 People seriously care about this and those people are able to get actors fired based on their sexual orientation. How the fuck is that not job discrimination?

0|3
    0|0
  • The guys pushing out these products have drank the cool aid too. The guys at the top of industry are human too. They see a fad, think it's hip and want to be a "nice" PC ally. PC looks like a good idea from a mile away, but if you get up close you see the fine print says fake. These big wigs don't have the resource to understand this. They see certain trends and follow mainstream news. All the information at their fingertips says its a boon. But theyre wrong.

0|2
    0|0
  • I see Widowers isn't up here, what with it actually being good. Which is something I think people forget, everything else happening besides the "agenda". Yeah, new Who apparently sucked, you know what else happened? Moffat left. Yeah, the all-female cast of Ghostbusters was a nostalgia-fueled cash grab, but what else? Written and thought out so poorly no set of actors could have saved it. The new star wars lineup underwent how many director changes again? Isn't this fire #4 now? We're gonna bring up what has happened to Mass Effect and Dragon Age and not mention who tf owns Bioware?
    This isn't a PC issue, this is The Emoji Movie personified in the rest of creative culture, where entities do a trash job of researching what's "in the now" and an even worse job of translating that into a good product. But because it's clear who those products are trying to pander to, that culture gets blamed for those product's poor quality, that these studios, desginers, and writers are sacrificing their art and talent to make something palatable for us to consume.

I mean shit, we already get blamed for everything from housing to Applebee's, now we're going to throw movies, TV, AND games in? What. A. Joke.

0|0
    0|0
    • So you're suggesting that the executives at the very top are at fault for trying to follow trends but not understanding on how to sell on them (btw I did include that option in the description)?

But then if they don't have the same agenda, how do you explain them repeating the same old mistake over and over again and not realizing that if you go woke, you go broke?

• Absolutely. Because once political ideology comes into play it starts being more about virtue-signaling rather than quality of the product.

Sure, sometimes the product still can be good. More often than not the product-quality will be sacrificed for the virtue-signaling. You only have so much ressource and if you spend time and money on one thing, you will have less for other things.

0|2
    0|0
  • It feels like it to me, yes.

Funnily enough, my gal and I were just discussing this exact issue earlier today. Netflix makes stuff people want to see, whereas Hollywood just churns out politically correct pet projects.

I suspect that's going to come back to haunt them soon...

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course its a thing designed to fail, people use these things to relax and be in the moment and then your poisoning it with a forced down political agenda to force people to agree with you and condemn them if they speak out about it. Obviously nobody who actually pays for the products is interested in this.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, when it's forced it comes across forced and ultimately sucks. I mean there are many great movies where the cast is primarily women or minority groups. What makes them great isn't the movie formula (i. e. taking Ghostbusters and putting women in it and making all the comedy anti-men) or the fact that certain groups were chosen, but rather the movie itself.
    Annihilation, for example, was a great movie that featured a cast that was almost entirely women.

0|1
    0|0
  • What an absurd question.
    Do you not realize that the only way "yes" is an accurate response is if companies have deliberately chosen to throw money away. Do you really believe that to be true?
    First of all, Star Wars has ALWAYS asserted social and political conscience. Any argument to the contrary is gross ignorance or an outright lie. Just because you don't like the current message, that doesn't mean the new movies are doing anything differently. The entertainment industry has had THOUSANDS of flops for over a century, and this popular new idea that a flop MUST be blamed on opposing political interests is about as ignorant and absurd as it gets.
    These films, shows and games will either find an audience and succeed, or they won't and they will fail... just like every single movie, show and game that came before. Just like every movie, show and game that will ever be produced and released. This isn't a new development by any standard. The only thing unique and interesting about it now is the younger generations' exceptional use of narcissism to make a very normal condition appear unique to them. It's vomit inducing, to be honest.

0|0
    0|0
    • "First of all, Star Wars has ALWAYS asserted social and political conscience."
      Lol no, it was originally about a young guy discovering himself and his mythical powers whilst fighting against the evil villains. A pretty simple but effective hero's journey story. The most social and political issues it assorted were that authoritarianism is bad m'kay.

The fact that it just happens to be opposing (for me at least) political views that are making the movies flop isn't even the crux of the issue - it's the agenda pushing. Even if Star Wars was pushing some right-wing agenda, I'd dislike it no less than I dislike it now - because I was expecting a decent story where real-world agendas are not at the forefront.

• It is NOT designed to fail.
    However, it DESERVES to fail.
    An important distinction.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's not that PC media is inherently bad it's that the people that make it. It's propaganda first and the story comes second.

It's very elitist though. Why was the ghostbusters all female film a flop? It had ghosts, proton packs, comedy sure but it lacked the same tone and mood. It was good because of the characters reaction of seeing the ghosts and between each other. It's like the people who made it didn't understand which was made clear when the trailer came out 'four scientists'.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm not sure if "designed to fail" is the way to think about it. I agree with what you said though. I think the media is trying to cater to the needs of those that are politically correct and I think the industry is suffering because of it. We really need more directors that are willing to take risks.

0|2
    0|0
  • They fail when they are too "in your face" about it. For example, making LGBT characters essentially one-dimensional. Instead of having that as one part of the character, it is the defining characteristic. If they did more like White Canary on Legends of Tomorrow and less like Supergirl where they constantly harp on already debunked SJW bullshit, they'd be better off.

0|2
    0|0
  • To me their main problem is that they remake old films and turn them into PC versions while they could just make new films that are PC instead of ruining the already existing ones. Iconoclasm this is called, destroying former icons and putting yours in place.

0|2
    0|0
  • It isn't DESIGNED to fail, because these producers hope and intend for the films do the very opposite. However, I personally am not a fan of most of the new age heroine flicks out there. I love Star Wars and have seen every movie since childhood but I've been utterly disappointed with the new franchise and do not want Rey to be the main face of the movies.

0|1
    0|0
  • As a gamer I can say, it's just way stupid. No swastikas in WWII games, always have to show that confederates are evil bloodthirsty bigots... and the "skip this mission because it's offensive" banning people for killing a feminist in red dead redemption 2... that's just stupid

0|2
    0|0
  • The shows are great , but they come across as not realistic , Its like when 2 bad guys fight and argue there is no bad language , which I like , but in the real world it would not be like that. Same when you get lead female actors its enjoyable to see them but in real life she would just be squashed. As to them deemed to failure NO there are a lot of people out there who enjoy this type of entertainment …….

0|1
    0|0
  • Making an all female cast for the ghost busters I don't think is PC I just think it's stupid.

And I'm not sure what they did to video games to make it PC besides, I think it was Mass effect where they purposely made the women look more "realistic" aka ugly.

All I know is that there's plenty of games that feature women as the protagonist and is fun.

0|1
    0|0
  • Look at Brooklyn Nine-Nine, a perfect example of a show where "diversity" is used in a good way. It never feels forced, and the fact that they have gay/black/bi/female/latina characters is never what is advertised and it doesn't become the primary focus of the show. Captain Holt being gay never becomes more than a secondary character trait, and every scene with him and his husband just feels natural.
    Diversity is now a bad thing. FORCED diversity is. The reason those movies and reboots failed so badly was because that was the ONLY focus. "Look, we have black and female characters, you should watch our movie because of that!" That's why it doesn't work. The "diversity quota" was basically treated as a substitute for terrible writing and uninspired storylines.

0|2
    0|0
  • This whole idea of not being shitty and being more inclusive is fine, but groups like this always go too far with everything, and whenever that happens, i get tired of it really quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w15OS2PdCKo

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not sure that it's designed to fail, but it certainly does seem to do so pretty regularly. And I'll suggest another possibility.

Failure to properly produce and/or market the products in a manner that appeals to the broadest range of personality traits.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes