What do you think about RAP music?

cRAP music is corruption, glorification of violence, gangs, treating women like crackhead hookers, hatred against the police, celebration of drug addiction, criminal wannabes, sagging pants, failing in life, awful melody. It's just another garbage that comes out of the trash can of American mainstream culture.

Do you like all of that?

What do you think about RAP music?

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yep. It doesn't benefit anyone. Where I'm from, people will call you racist if you don't like rap, but rap music is a lot worse for black communities than the people who don't like rap are.

0|2
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• I think its possible for rap music to be likeable but the artists that make it in the music industry and become famous usually produce very bad music - they sound uneducated, lazy, unintelligent, dirty, cruel, lacking in creativity and skill, depressing, hostile and dull and off key.

0|1
    0|0
  • i like music form, there are some good rap songs, they can be rough and melodic
    i agree nowdays many rap songs are crap songs but you can't hate the whole thing because of one product, its like hating all fruits because you dont like apples
    its fine if rap is not your thing tho

0|1
    0|0
  • Rap music these days is trash. Old rap is way better. Anyone can be a rapper these days and everyone raps about the same things. There's no originality. I've stopped listening to the rap radio and I just listen to 70s soul radio (idk the name of the station). Rap music is so unfamiliar to me now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, I don't really like rap music, but if it's only a part of a song it can be nice🤔😅

0|1
    0|0
  • Old school rap is decent. This new age rap music doesn't deserve to be called that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some are good but most are bad.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• I never liked RAP. To me, it's not melodious singing, but angry talk. I like to listen to something that makes me feel good. When you look at a picture of a rapper, all you see is hate and attitude in that face.

0|2
    0|0
  • Also, if you want Hip Hop from how it started with this positive roots, then listen to this oldie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PobrSpMwKk4
    That was the last good one.

It's has it's flaws, like all music. It's just more popular than all other kinds of music. Which is why people are talking about it.
    It's lyrically better than other types for sure.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think no different with other music.
    There also were music like mental during classical music period.
    They just do the same with violin cello... etc

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not one to get worked up over the lyrics, and even that aside I’m not a fan. It’s really not something that takes much talent to produce

0|1
    0|0
  • What i think is if they run out of melodies to fill the song, they can always rap.

0|1
    0|1
  • There are some rap songs I like listening to, underground mostly.
    What comes to glorification of violence, I listen to death metal as well so I cannot critique on that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of it is garbage.
    You can hardly call it music.

0|2
    0|0
  • I agree it's lowbrow trash, but I have that one Travis Scott song stuck in my head rn; so, I can't say I'm above listening to shi music.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rap can be pretty good. But I mean yeah it usually is pretty terrible.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's garbage. Utter garbage.

0|2
    0|0
  • As you say, C rap.

0|1
    0|0
  • I hate it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I listen to Drake a lot. I like it