Video of 100 years old people as young & old, thoughts?

What do you think of when watching this video? Please elaborate. #Old #Aging #Elderly

86

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like their nose really change of shape as they grow older. It seems to be bigger when they're old. I never noticed this before. Some of them look very attractive when they're young and they don't look that old either (I always hear how people before looked so old but they don't to me).

• Both your ears and nose appears larger because the skin sinks in and gets wrinkled I've heard.

If you googles "Migrant mother", you can see a picture of a 32-years old person. Yes, this woman is 32 years old when this picture was taken.

So I would say how old you looks are individual. Some people in the past aged faster than people today and other's didn't. I think high school pupils who are 18 years old nowadays could easily pass as something between 14 - 16 years old. Back in the days when my grandparents were at that age, they both could pass as 20.

• Girls in their teenage usually looks their age from my experience, but many 18 years old boys could easily pass as something between 14 - 16 years old. Sometimes when a 16 years old girl dates an 18 years old boy it's hard to notice and other times it seems like the 16 years old dates someone who's younger than themselves.

• I didn't noticed that in my country. I guess it depend where we live.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's quite fascinating how much you change through the years and you rarely ever notice because the changes happens one day at a time, you go through about 4 to 5 different faces in and average lifetime, your face as a baby, as child, as a young adult, as middle aged (though doesn't apply for all) and as an old person. With each of these different faces there are different personalities as well and when a 100 year old looks at their childhood photos they think, they were so different back then mentally and emotionally, when the they look at a picture from their young adult days, they think, they were so handsome or pretty or thin or strong and so on back then and looking at your past selves mean not only physically but mentally as well because as your body and appearance changes through the years, so does your personality and mentality...

• Good point! :)

• Would you still consider a person "the same person" if the person change Their personality, minds etc? If yes, what's identity then and what makes you you?

• The person and their identity will always be theirs and they will still be the same person in terms of identity but for the most part they most likely won't be same person mentally and personality wise, things like their temperament, patience, judgement, knowledge, ego, self esteem and things like will change over the years and personality wise, opinions, views, interests, preferences and such things will also change so if everything in these aspects change then they change too but only in these ways. Their identity is what keeps them the same person otherwise you could see someone when they're a baby and you wouldn't know them once they're older without their identity and by identity I mean their name, status, their material properties, their family and things like that...