Who are your top 5 favorite Anime characters, and why?

Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Kurama was originally a Demon, but fled to the human world in order to escape death. He grew attached to his family and chose to remain there. He is extremely smart and kind, but he is not to be fucked with. Behind that smile who would kill you without hesitation if he needs to.

Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
He's a dick lol I guess you can categorize him as an anti hero, but Kaiba is such a dick.

Cell (Dragon Ball Z)
Cell (Dragon Ball Z)
Cell is made up of the cells of others. His design is genius and his story, while a little complex, is very enthralling. He is extremely smart, but has no greater purpose in life than to reach perfection because that's what he is created to do.
Beerus (Dragon Ball Super)
Beerus (Dragon Ball Super)
Beerus I like primarily for his power. He can probably solo all of anime combined, with the exception of his own. He is really indifferent, but is used as a comedic relief because he does just about anything for food and throws temper tantrums.
Hajime Saito (Rurouni Kenshin)
Hajime Saito (Rurouni Kenshin)
Also a dick. However I love that despite being an undercover police officer, he follows no justice but his own, which is to slay evil immediately. It wouldn't matter who it is, if they are evil, Saito would kill them without hesitation.

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• Haru bc hot
    Lord sesshoumaru bc I don't know

Kanato bc he is creepy
    Tsuyu bc why not
    Ochako bc she's cute
    Bakugo bc anger issues
    Levi bc Levi

And many many more

0|1
    0|0
    • 3d

I also like some of those animes, Do you have discord?, because I have a
      anime server for anime lovers from GAG, we share dumb question and other things in GAG while talking about anime and knowing each other better

• 3d

message me if you want to join

• 2d

I liked Sesshoumaru, except for his name lol too damn long.

• I don't really watch anime, but:

Sailor Mercury
    Rin from Inuyasha
    Lord Sesshoumaru from Inuyasha
    Can I count both of the Elric brothers from FMA as one? I'm going to anyway.
    Not sure if a video game based anime counts, but Dante from the Devil May Cry anime.

I pick Rin and Sesshoumaru over Inuyasha because all of Inuyasha's major character development happens in the first few episodes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is hard to make a full top for me. I currently like a lot One's characters. Specially Shigeo from Mob Psycho. I like socially awkward but cute characters like him, I also love when he can't get emotions and reach his 100% and suddenly he stop looking inoffensive and unconfident. Besides adore his animations when he reaches 100%

0|0
    0|0
  • Err, what’s his name... that man who one punches everything.

0|1
    0|0
    • Show All
    • 1d

@Ripper_E Whoa whoa whoa I ain't doing no calculations on anime dude. I just enjoy reading stuff. it's a fictional story. Let's enjoy it as it is.

• 1d

@kbharadwaj3125 That's what I'm saying lol I don't enjoy it. I don't hate on anyone that does. i don't really like Naruto, but a lot of people do, and that's fine.

• Nana.
    “Nana…how come being happy and making your dreams come true are two different things? Even now, I still don’t know why…”

1|1
    0|0
  • -Minato namikaze (Naruto) : classe, calm, and basasse

-Annie leonhart (snk) : fighter, badass, charismatic

-Ino yamanaka ( Naruto): pretty, sexy, strong, and kind

- songoku : Strong, protective, and funny and dumb and innocent

- makoto tachibana ( from free): hot, kind, innocent, boyfriend material

0|2
    0|0
  • I don’t have any favorites but sailor mercury and sailor Jupiter are really cool in my opinion.
    I can definitely tell you who are the ones that I hate the most though:
    Every character from vampire knight, like seriously I don’t get why that anime was ever popular, every character from diabolical lovers (I only watched the first episode because it became a challenge on YouTube and I don’t need to watch the rest, it was a torture) and miaja and tamaño me from fushigi yuugi

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Miaka and tamahome from fushigi yuugi*****

• Show All
    • 3d

I also like some of those animes, Do you have discord?, because I have a
      anime server for anime lovers from GAG, we share dumb question and other things in GAG while talking about anime and knowing each other better

• 3d

message me if you want to join

• Morgiana - Magi Labyrinth of magic - because she's brave, kind, very good friend and her fighting style is awesome.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Oops forgot to add more.
      Erza - Fairytail - She's cool and a nice person.
      Hinata - Haikyuu - He's a bundle of sunshine and reaches for his goals.
      Rurouni Kenshin - He's cool
      Alibaba - Magi - He's also such a good friend and a great leader.
      Todoroki - Boku no hero academia - He's so cool
      Griffith - Berserk - He's such a well-developed character even though he sacrificed his friends for some goal...
      Undertaker - black butler - he's amazing.

• Naruto Uzumaki, Ichigo whatever his last name is (finished Bleach 5 years ago), and Belzebub. oh, and of course, Tomohome and Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi. Loved em. but seriously? Yu Gi Oh is sooo boring. i started watching Ruroni Kenshin, but it was also kind of lame. honestly, can't find any good anime anymore. naruto shippuden, bleach, and fushigi yuugi are the best anime i've ever watched. deathnote is overrated. nothing super special. it's thrilling for the first 10 episodes, and then it's the same bullcrap. i really could not stand Light. pain in the ass.

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

crap, i forgot to mention Sasuke Uchia and itachi Uchia. man, they were hot. bad boys (but deep down, i knew they were good) :)

• 4d

Itchigo kurosaki. But there are people in bleach who r stronger than him

• 4d

@hansukota who? aigen dude? i think that was his name. anyways, don't care. i like the good guys, and he had spunk. i liked his attitude. though he was ugly man. naruto is hotter. waaaayyy hotter.

• Haru from free!
    Kaniki
    Yato from noragami
    Mikasa

0|1
    0|0
  • Sasuke he so hot

0|1
    0|0
  • spongebob

1|0
    2|2
    • 4d

I believe the correct way to say it is "Suponjuh-Bobu-desu" - that's why you got downvoted (or, according to my autocorrect that sucks, "convicted").

• Ur all loserrrrsssssss

0|0
    2|4
    • 2d

Yeah what's your grades in school? Mine was A+. Calling us losers! I have a 6 figure salary. You dare call me a looser! Well you can eat shit. You have no right to call people losers. Dumb girl.

• Show All
    • 2d

Nope. I am not joking. And for a girl with a thick skin like you. I am old enough.

• 2d

It wasn’t that deep, chill out

• Vegeta
    Monkey “straw hat” Luffy
    L
    Kakashi Hatake
    No Face

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Kakashi is every girls fave... I sent my mate a kakashi pillow for her bday... She went nuts lol

What Guys Said 30

• 1. Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)
    He is literally me. I've never related to another character more from any fictional media, let alone anime.

2. Kosaki Onodera (Nisekoi and Nisekoi 2)
    My waifu. She is the embodiment of the perfect girl.

3. Miroku (Inuyasha and Inuyasha: The Final Act)
    He is an example of a "gimmick character" done well. His "gimmick" is the irony provided by his role as monk who purifies objects and such that have been contaminated by demons--yet he is a rotten pervert that's always getting into trouble with women. It's a funny routine and never gets old throughout the series.

4. Rem (Re:Zero)
    She is quite adorable, and I admire her unconditional support for the protagonist, despite his obvious shortcomings contrary to his good intentions. A runner-up for waifu status.

5. Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail)
    Although he has the dim-witted image that is portrayed of most protagonists in shounen anime, Natsu is different in that he is and has always been quite competent in combat. I also envy his carefree attitude.

0|0
    0|0
  • Goku he just inspires me or if not him Gohan
    2nd Deku (My hero academia)
    3rdEdward Elric I admire his resolve and determination as well as his intelligence
    4th Itaich Uchiha he just awesome
    5 not sure who to put here someone will come to me later tho

1|0
    0|0
    • 2d

I agree, Goku is inspiring
      I need to get on My Hero Academia.

• 2d

Yeah so true hell my older brother is a professional body builder thanks to some of the characters from that shows as are many body builders which not a lot people know dbz is a very big and influential show and yeah my hero is freakin awesome as well

• First I would like to say, this isn't top 5; that would mean sitting down and thingking for a while and weighing up pros and cons. Also this is in no certain order... Also, I'll have to go back in time.

Tetsuo: when the Japanese governmet dropped a nuke in Tokyo 1988, Tetsuo's powers manifested. Akira set the bar for superhero in anime.

Jubei from Ninja scroll - principals, honour and fantastic with a sword (yes everyone's probably going to ask why I didn't picl characters from Samurai Champloo I guess...)

Gogol: from a cyberpunk beat em up anime, "Cybercity Oedo 808" volume 2
    (this short movie series is a must see for anime fans - 3 volumes).

Gogol is a bruiser and crazy, guy goes blind but doesn't stop fighting to complete his mission. Watch it to knkw what I'm talking about... Although you'll probs find shit copies as tgese were on VHS unless digitally remastered.

Guts - BLOOD AND GUTS AND GUTS AND BLOOD AND... lmao!

This guy is crazy, a brute.. He will do anything to destroy his mark. Character development of this dark side story is amazing. If you haven't seen Berseruku, I suggest to put this at the top of your watch list. They've used Berseruku as the base to create characters like "Goblin Slayer".

Naruto: once this little guy sets his mind to something he just pushes forward. That "All might" mentality.
    I pick Naruto simply because I started watching it as a child and it ended as an adult. I grew with him, learnt a lot. Those feels though hey!

0|0
    0|0
  • Did you know that Saito is actually based off a real person? He was one of the only surviving members of the shinsengumi who joined the Tokyo police after the meiji restoration.

1|0
    0|0
  • Meia Gisborn- Vandread
    Meia, stoic, amazonesque woman who despite her turbulent past and growing up parentless on the streets after her mother died and her other mother disappeared, she became a strong leader.
    Zero Two – Darling in the Franxx
    Even though she was ostracized for not being fully human and raised as a weapon, she fought for her own place in the world.
    Kraft Lawrence – Spice and Wolf
    Despite poor beginnings and numerous setbacks, he is able to establish a fairly successful mercantile business.
    Kanuka Clancy – Patlabor
    Really badass and able to hold her own, Blackbelt in Judo, expert Labor (giant robot) pilot, and in disarming bombs, graduated with honors from MIT, you get the idea.
    Ainz Ooal Gown/ Mamonga
    Salaryman by day, immersive video game player after work, he gets stuck in a new virtual world after the original game’s world is set to be terminated. He adapts to his new situation and uses all the tools at his disposal to keep up appearances.

0|0
    0|0
  • Under-rated in anime but top tier elsewhere...

My number 1... Show me your moves! Farukan... PAHWNCHu!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll name one character per series. Although number 1 and 2 appear in each other's series.
    1. Conan/ Shinichi from Detective Conan. Because he's one of the smartest characters in the series, yet he can be so dumb at times.
    2. Kaito Kid. Smart guy that steals diamonds using magic tricks.
    3. Tatsuys Shiba from Mahouka Koukou no Retosei. Just because he's s badass.
    4. Kuchiki Byakuya- Bleach. Caring brother, badass.
    5. Hashirama Senju from Naruto. Because, well, it's Hashi come on.
    I couldn't choose top 5 so I went with the first five that came to mind first.

0|1
    0|0
  • Saitama because he was designed to make fun of the entire overpowered superhero thing.

Eren Yeager, Mikasa Ackerman, Armin Arlert because the come from my current favorite Attack on Titan.

Ryuk from Death Note because I love how he just kind of does not care.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I was also gping to list saitama for that reason lol... Was trying to keep my list a little old school haha

• Who are your top 5 favorite Anime characters, and why?Who are your top 5 favorite Anime characters, and why?

0|0
    0|0
  • Naruto, Sasuke, vegeta, light yagami, Itachi uchiha, madara uchiha, shoto todoroki, izuku midoriya, katsuki bakugo
    No specific order
    Sorry, can't narrow down to 5

0|0
    0|0
  • Kenshiro of Fist Of The Noth Star. Kenshiro is this well proportioned masculine/feminine archtypal hero. He's super righteous. He kills the bad guys with absolutely indominable force and determination for the sake of protecting the good of humanity. His love and compassion are unrivaled in any anime characters. They are his motivating tools that enable his super hardcore hyper masculine techniques like the Musuo Tensai, which he gains through his perseverence of his grievences for the loved ones he's lost. The whole show has many other central themes but the nanto and hokuto are symbolic of the masculine and feminine energies. Kenshiro is the embodiment of the perfect Hokuto. The manliest man ever.

I'll be a bit shorter now.

Toki FOTNS
    Roah FOTNS
    Goku Dragon Ball Z
    Cell DBZ from his adaptation of DBZ in team Four stars DBZ Abridged

1|0
    0|0
  • Kaibas not a dick he's an idiot.
    Wants the only 3 blue eyes White dragon card every so destroys the fourth.

A few years later.

Many more are made and played by other characters.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

... Kaiba beat Gozaburo Kaiba at chess when he was little, out maneuvered him and stole his company and turned it into the biggest duel monsters company and one of the, if not the wealthiest company in the world.

Kaiba is not an idiot lol

• Show All
    • 2d

Yeah but now what he did seems silly.

If he had known someone could make more then yugis grandfather would still have the card.

• 2d

And Yugi having the card would be meaningless to.

• I like mostly anti heroes, or heroes that got some dark power and they become bad or evil. Or overpowered MCs that keep their power a secret.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well since your talking about anime and not manga i cannot say kaneki or any charter from tokyo ghoul but if this was manga charters all 5 would be from tokyo ghoul.

1st is nagito (danganronpa)

2nd is junko (danganronpa)

3rd is light (death note)

4th is dante (devil may cry)

5th is annie or sasha or hange (attack on titan)

6th Oh damn i love revy (black lagoon) even tho you said 5 had to put her in.

And beerus is great i am not a fan of any dragon ball thing but dragon ball super and that's most because of the introduction to gods and beerus.

0|0
    0|0
  • Edward Elric
    Kid Goku
    Dolah from Castle in the sky
    Nausika
    Freeza

0|0
    0|0
  • Chisa Kotgawa
    Mashiro Shiina
    Light Yagami
    Cory in the house

0|1
    0|0
  • Uchiha Itachi... need I explain?
    Yagami light
    Vegeta

0|0
    0|0
  • I can only give you one that i can give reason why.

1. Natural Harmonia Gropius. Misunderstood, mysterious and innocent guy chosen by the dragons of ideal and truth which makes him interesting. He's just a side character tho but still. He has an amazing story and fan fictions hehe. I also like his design and fashion.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

dude, message, I also like that character, I got a GAG anime lovers server in discord, message me if you want to join.

• 4d

i'm not exactly an anime fan and i'm not really active on discord tho. I may be online everyday but i don't bother checking on messages from servers a lot.

• 3d

Here are better pics.
      by the way my second is future Trunks because he's just kinda edgy but kind hearted and smart who lives in a fucked up timeline.

• 1. Kirito
    2. Natzu
    3. Meliodys the dragon sin
    4. Ren
    5. Ash

0|0
    0|0
  • Number 5 would have to be Dory, from Finding Nemo. Dory is voiced by Ellen DeGeneres, who makes very funny voices.

Number 4 has gotta be Steve from Minecraft. The man starts with his hands, and works his way up to diamonds with only his might.

Number 3 is Cory from Cory in the House. Name a more iconic anime character, I dare you.

Number 2, OJ Simpson. In the anime, everyone roots against him, believing he is guilty, but in the end he was clearly innocent.

Number 1 for me is Joe Rogan. Joe Rogan has to have the most episodes out of any anime, making him the best.

0|0
    1|0
  • Luffy from one piece
    Zoro from one piece
    Naruto
    Natsu from fairy tail
    Shanks from one piece

0|0
    0|0
  • Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)
    She is super adorable, enough said!

Yuuko Ichihara (xxxHolic)
    She is so wise and mysterious.

Sesshomaru (Inuyasha)
    So beautiful, so powerful, and such a sweet change in heart.

Ichigo (Bleach)
    He is just so fucking powerful, loyal, and resilient. He seems to constantly gain new powers and he achieved a level of power in a few days that most shinigami struggle to gain after decades of hard work.

Rikka Takanashi (Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions)
    ... she is basically the anime girl version of me while I was in middle school...

0|0
    0|0
  • The hentai with your mom.

0|0
    1|0
    • 4d

And then you fap to that shit because that is the only girlfriend you can get.

• 4d

check my profile, this account is specifically made to get reactions while I'm in queue for a match of Siege

• U probably know

0|0
    0|0
  • Kenshin and Saito is awesomeee!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Madara and Obito
    Ken from FOTNS
    Yagami
    Android 17

0|0
    0|0