Why do people dislike Taylor Swift?

Here is my theory: lots of green-eyed jelly monsters. yep, envy my friends. i think she is beautiful, talented, and has a great voice. i don't know why she gets so much hate. yeah, she had 5 boyfriends who she dumped and wrote songs about. So? i can list dozens of celebs who did a helluva lot worse than her and are still loved and treated like precious puppies.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• I used to like her work until red album..
    I had a celebrity crush on her..
    Now I only listen to her work before red album every now and then..
    Now her work is not solely hers. That's why I don't like it

1|0
    0|0
    • 3d

i agree. i loved her when she sang country music. now, i don't really like her songs that much anymore. but i don't dislike her. jeez. i don't know what people's problems are. then again, i guess "haters gonna hate."

• 3d

Exactly..
      I don't hate her..

It's just after red album it has become business of Taylor swift instead of music of Taylor swift

• I'm not a fan of her music, (I'm not a huge fan of mainstream top 40 stuff in general). Though I think her hate comes from how she handles her break ups through her songs. I mean there is nothing wrong with writing songs about exes though the general message in the song says a lot about them. I mean Arianna Grande (not a big fan of her music either) wrote Thank You, Next and from what I know that was pretty well recieved. Though overall I couldn't have less of an interest in Taylor Swift.

1|0
    0|0
  • She's obnoxious and extremely overrated. No one hated her when she did country. It's when she switched to pop people started hating her

1|0
    0|0
  • I speak only for myself when I say:
    Taylor Swift is vastly overrated. Her songs grate on my ears; if I hear her, I change the channel. The songs about the exes don't help her either. I certainly wouldn't want to be any of the men she sang about. The fact that she did so has made me even more sceptical about dating and women.

1|0
    0|0
  • I agree with you.
    I find her entire persona very manufactured, and that's saying something in a land where celebrities create personas for their public lives. But hers especially seems incredibly manufactured.

However, to spend time actually disliking or hating someone who's not your cup of tea seems counter-productive considering we live in a time when there are so many options out there to avail ourselves of.

Not a fan? Just move on and focus more on the people you enjoy listening to rather than actively hating someone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I really don’t like her music for the most part... but I guess I can’t hate her too much since she took my girl Charli XCX on tour last year lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't dislike her, but I dislike the hype as I don't think she's "that good". She good, but not that good. Far better out there that don't get 1/2 the recognition that she gets.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know her, but I don't like what I've heard about her personality.

It's interesting that you didn't mention that at all.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Personality? right. present-day celebs are well known for courtesy and humbleness. nope. just sayin. i know lots of celebs with worse personalities than hers, and they have many adoring fans. i really think it has to do with jealousy. this girl for instance: "oh, i hattteee Taylor." me: "Why." Her: "I don't know. Because, she is so, like, fake." Me: yeah, most celebrities are.

• just not a fan of her music

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like a lot of celebs.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Never been into her music. But there's nothing wrong with someone liking her everyone has different musical tastes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t get the Taylor hate either but I personally don’t like her music and even when she was a country singer I never understood why people thought she was a good songwriter.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really like her music, but she's really pretty :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m not a top 40 fan. That said, she is a manufactured legend, nothing about her is real.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes