What Do You Think Is the Moral In "Bird Box"?

In 2018 the movie "Bird Box" was released. It's a movie about a monster wandering in the streets and tempts people to look at it. If people looks at it, they goes insane, suicidal and dies. I've not watched the movie, but people around me is talking about it all the time. I've even discussed the movie with a friend of me who hasn't seen it either.

My friend think the moral in the movie is that it's ridiculous to live a life in constant fear, always worrying about the future and never enjoy life. He thinks you should rather enjoy your life and take risks. People wearing blindfolds are cowards that's willingly to sacrifice their life quality and be handicapped only because they're too afraid to face their fears. He says it's worth taking the risks although you may die, because we're going to die anyway. I've no idea what I think. Funny he could have a so strong opinion about a movie we've never watched.

Please explain your point of views and on Why you thinks so. Detailed comments appreciated. Spoilers are allowed! #BirdBox #Movie #Horror
What Do You Think Is the Moral In

1121

Most Helpful Guys

• The story is about mental illness. It talks about how people aren't good with managing their own personal fears.

The mentally insane, those who can look at the creatures and don't kill themselves, don't do it because they've gone through that already and for them this is what the world felt to them and now it's become reality.

The other part talks about pregnancy issues and how it feels to be a mother of an unwanted baby. And how much trouble a pregnancy can cause. It also shows how sometimes we do things which on the upper layer don't seem good to our children (Naming them Boy and Girl), but are there just to protect them. In the case she named them that way to prevent getting too much of an emotional attachment and making her seem stricter and harsher, making them behave better.

• I walked away with the idea that Bird Box was actually a critique on single motherhood in America, and how even though a reluctant woman is trying her hardest to protect her kids from the evils of the world; she ultimately needs to trust her gut, and her children's strength, to protect them... she can't do it alone.

Most Helpful Girls

• People I know think it's about Trump. Opening your eyes and watching what he's doing will make you feel suicidal, only the crazy people (trump supporters) can live through it and try to shove pro-trump propaganda down your throats, and there's a very small community of people that have figured out how to keep their heads down and wait until the mess is figured out.

• Don't have kids, they make everything more difficult?