What Do You Think Is the Moral In "Bird Box"?

In 2018 the movie "Bird Box" was released. It's a movie about a monster wandering in the streets and tempts people to look at it. If people looks at it, they goes insane, suicidal and dies. I've not watched the movie, but people around me is talking about it all the time. I've even discussed the movie with a friend of me who hasn't seen it either.

My friend think the moral in the movie is that it's ridiculous to live a life in constant fear, always worrying about the future and never enjoy life. He thinks you should rather enjoy your life and take risks. People wearing blindfolds are cowards that's willingly to sacrifice their life quality and be handicapped only because they're too afraid to face their fears. He says it's worth taking the risks although you may die, because we're going to die anyway. I've no idea what I think. Funny he could have a so strong opinion about a movie we've never watched.

Please explain your point of views and on Why you thinks so. Detailed comments appreciated. Spoilers are allowed! #BirdBox #Movie #Horror
What Do You Think Is the Moral In

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• The story is about mental illness. It talks about how people aren't good with managing their own personal fears.

The mentally insane, those who can look at the creatures and don't kill themselves, don't do it because they've gone through that already and for them this is what the world felt to them and now it's become reality.

The other part talks about pregnancy issues and how it feels to be a mother of an unwanted baby. And how much trouble a pregnancy can cause. It also shows how sometimes we do things which on the upper layer don't seem good to our children (Naming them Boy and Girl), but are there just to protect them. In the case she named them that way to prevent getting too much of an emotional attachment and making her seem stricter and harsher, making them behave better.

1|0
    0|1
  • I walked away with the idea that Bird Box was actually a critique on single motherhood in America, and how even though a reluctant woman is trying her hardest to protect her kids from the evils of the world; she ultimately needs to trust her gut, and her children's strength, to protect them... she can't do it alone.

1|1
    1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• People I know think it's about Trump. Opening your eyes and watching what he's doing will make you feel suicidal, only the crazy people (trump supporters) can live through it and try to shove pro-trump propaganda down your throats, and there's a very small community of people that have figured out how to keep their heads down and wait until the mess is figured out.

2|1
    1|1
  • Don't have kids, they make everything more difficult?

1|7
    3|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It’s about perseverance

0|0
    0|0
  • I have not seen the movie so I can't say as such but from your description I would postulate a different message
    The world is in many ways an ugly place full of horrors
    Right now I sure somewhere a child is dying that didn't need to if we were doing things differently
    Someone is killing someone else because they feel out of options
    A government is fairly imprisoning someone
    And a host of other bad things
    They happen and they are common place
    But they are not in the reality of most people
    Another charity push for starving African children. Sure given the a little change pat ourselves on the back for caring but it is a distant abstract
    People choose not to see the ugly in the world because it is unpleasant it makes their lives unpleasant if they were to see it for what it is
    Imagine if every time you buy a new pair of sneakers you saw the child making them half way around the world
    Imagine every time you ordered from wish or somewhere like it you saw how Chinese dissidents are treated
    Imagine if you actually had to see all the bad things
    Maybe the monster is a metaphor for reality?

0|0
    0|0
  • I must admit I haven't seen the movie and was not interested in seeing. Just because I thought that the pretense of tryer to escape from some thing that you don't know what it is and because see some evidence of something happening to people around you you make some decision based on that that you're going to put a blindfold on and go through life which I don't understand how you're going to go to the store go get gas or drive a car or go to the downs I saw this in the in the ads you know that they're traveling through the woods with blindfolds on so. I definitely feel more compelled now to that I might watch the movie but only because of your friends opinion that and I think he I think he might have it I think you might have it right is that you can't be can't make decisions in your life based on what somebody else tells you and then in an act a certain way for the rest of your life or your life the rest of the time you're here on the planet based on something something that someone else told you you you have to get you find out for yourself.
    Just like I watch some conspiracy crap on the on the TV on YouTube earlier and already someone's asking questions about it on on girls ask guys so you know without any more information and propaganda and I'll just the way this is this whole world works man make some some decisions based on your own intelligence before you just go doing shit Chef Geoff basic at if you can still do anything in your life nowadays based on the information that other people give you or that you get it from anywhere you you have to use your own common sense in and make some kind of decisions for yourself. With the information that I have at this point I think I think your buddies got a good got a good opinion on the on it I'm not coming up with anything better until I see the movie so maybe I'll let you know afterwards thanks.

0|0
    0|0
  • White men are the bad guys and every single white mother should find herself a black man, who will not leave her. Also he will sacrifice himself in order for the woman to escape.

That is the only thing I got out of this movie.

0|1
    0|0
    • Sandra Bullock and the woman who played her sister looks Latina/Hispanic to me, not white. Actually, in most movies the dark looking people are the bad guy. So a villain being white doesn't necessary mean it's racist. That means a movie variate.

• You missed that every korean is gay

• I think it is true we shouldn't live in what if scenarios. But we should intelligently choose our battles. Sometimes the brunt force approach to combatting things doesn't work, I've learned that the hard way.

I used to be more of a risk taker but nowadays I'm much more cautious and will only go "all in" after carefully evaluating the situation or if I'm given no other choice but to.

I've also not watched the film.

0|0
    0|1
  • The moral is "this movie is overrated"
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

2|4
    1|1
  • Don't surround yourself with stupid people.

3|1
    0|0
  • There is no moral dude. It’s just a série used to bring money to the staff, (actors, and writers, ... ) and to distract peoples.

3|1
    0|0
  • ... Actually it's just a survival horror movie.
    Spoiler alert!!

And the people who are already insane don't go suicidal. So according to your friends crazy people live better...
    In my town everybody would survive saying "I love these new contact lenses"

0|0
    0|0
    • Since we hasn't seen the movie, therefor we didn't know about the mentally ill part.

• Its about religion or sheep mentality of society believing things like the spaghetti monster and how to pass on beliefs to our children that have no reason to be afraid of the spaghetti monster because they don’t exist

0|0
    0|0
  • I heard on YouTube it was about anti-white dudes simply because the male protagonist was black 😐

0|0
    0|0
  • (I didn't watch it yet)
    Maybe it's about not focusing on our monsters (fear, anxiety...) or else we are going crazy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Means to not be blind to your fears. Just face em. I guess, i haven't watched it

0|0
    0|0
  • if u promise something important to someone keep your word

0|0
    0|0
  • The moral is: "Good plot with bad ending is trending"

1|0
    0|0
    • The ending in the book is better. It's more darker, the people at the school wery not naturally blind. They forcefully blinded themselves to protect themselves from the demons.

• Show All
    • That's an interesting and super personal point of view.
      Finding sense in that ending is almost like looking a Picasso's painting - it doesn't make sense but every single snob will find a fancy explanation for that ugly expensive shit

• Not everything has to make sense. But then again that's my view. Though honestly birdbox wasn't a masterpiece or anything, it gained a lot of attention due to memes!

• They just scrambled some episodes from Black Mirror into a movie and removed the technology.

0|1
    0|0
  • That Netflix are making a lot more hype than they are quality films?

0|1
    0|0
  • Illuminati shit, keep your eyes shut and void the awful world around u doing shit and not trying to help anyone except yourself

0|0
    0|1
  • Bird box was a weird movie in my opinion. Not that the overall premise was anything truly original, and it was slightly entertaining, but the symbolism of the archetypes used left me a little confused. Example: there was the use of demons, BUT not in the judeo-Christian sense, they were simply demons synonymous across religions/ cultures; so, I guess it was more palatable for Hollywood and secular America. Another issue that they had to throw in there was a pairing of a white lady and black guy, which is pushed so damn hard it's past disgusting. Now, while I don't like mudsharks to begin with, I don't see why they had to throw this in there.

0|0
    0|1
    • It's a free country and you don't have the power to stop it. Millions of white women, who look like sandra bulluck are getting their brains fucked out by black cocks

• Show All
    • Did you know black men are fucking white women brains out everyday?

• @Ghost285 Not any woman I'd f w. When did you become a cuck, ghost?

• Sandra Bullock could make money making armpit farts.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is about the destruction that befalls all who follow the crowds. Nah I am just overthinking it.

0|0
    0|0
  • The moral of the story is that if Sandra plays in something the best thing to do is not watch it.

0|0
    1|1
  • The movie is about how white people are evil

0|1
    1|1
    • Indeed and we all know that the real monster was in fact the Patriarchy.

• Are they not? What do they think, when they see a person with a dark skin color? 😋🤣

• It's about don't look at the demons

0|0
    0|0
  • Never finished watching the movie

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you sponsored?

0|0
    0|0
  • No moral, just a movie like most nowadays

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL, white guys get despressed when they see black guys with non black chicks. Even in movies, tells you how much they need therapy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes