What can years of overthinking do to a person?

57

57
  • Overthinking isn’t bad at all times, sometimes it allows you to reconsider before taking risks which isn’t so bad because you’ll be capable of planning things carefully.

Overthinking can be bad at times e. g.: in the concept of depression you won’t be able to get your kind of bad things easily as you’ll constantly be thinking about it- not to mention making your condition worse.

So it has bad and good

• They may not reach their potential career wise, may not reallly experience as much in life as they would like to, and they may not have a lot of friends because people tend to get annoyed with overthinkers.

• My Father inlaw is just such a person. He researches everything on the internet and spends so much time debating whether stupid worthless things are worth buying. What I mean is that if I need to buy a pencil I will just go to the store and buy it. Not him he will study that pencil online and waste countless hours on small things. He has difficulty taking the information he finds on the internet and coming to a conclusion. He is the biggest procrastinator I know. I have had to step in and make decisions for him because he is unable to make one. I have people who don't want to deal with him because of his neurotic behavior. I have had repair men come to the house and he hoovers while they are working and nags them if they use a part that he researched online that wasn't the recommended part. I have had repair businesses refuse to come out. Get over it before it destroys your life.

• Basically you get me 😂 neurotic... Suspicious... Little bit mental

• Give you grey hair and a lot of interesting opinions.

• Controlling our mind is super important.

That's how people take stupid decisions, by freaking out when they are in overthinking mode.

• lol u become self centered... the world does involved u.

• Getting stuck in the past.

• it can be as bad as years of not thinking at all

• Turn one into a curious mufucka..

• you wear out your brain. Each brain is only good for a certain number of thoughts.

• depress it, make it paranoid