Do you ever cry when watching a drama or romance movie?

If there is a scene in a movie made to get an emotional response, I am the most reliable one to provide it.

It is not unusual for me to be the first one to start and the last one to stop crying during an emotional scene.

Am I the only one that does this?

How is it that good playwright's know exactly how to push our emotional buttons so well and why do they do it?
  • Do you ever cry when watching a drama or romance movie?A. OMG! I am the same and need plenty of kleenex during emotional scenes too!
    Vote A
  • Do you ever cry when watching a drama or romance movie?B. Yes, I get emotional sometimes but not as easily as some do
    Vote B
  • Do you ever cry when watching a drama or romance movie?C. Nah, I am not really the emotional type
    Vote C
  • Do you ever cry when watching a drama or romance movie?D OTHER, see my comments below, or open the survey
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• For some reason after I turned 21 I just started crying like a baby at all romantic movies. Mamma Mia 2, Irreplaceable You (on Netflix), Titanic, the How to Train Your Dragon movies, etc. I need like 10 boxes of Kleenex for those movies. It’s pretty bad.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep. I’m the same as you. I’m usually the first to cry.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I get teary-eyed watching romantic movies. My wife thinks it's cute.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Now that I think about it, nope! I’m too rational! 😂 is literally start criticizing why would characters do what they do in point A to end up so bad in point B. 😂 Perhaps the only time I cried has been while watching a Turkish show!

1|0
    0|0
  • Never cried once.

1|0
    0|0
  • Bring on the tissues, please!. I can cry from an emotional song, a scene in a movie or tv show (I stopped watching "This Is Us" because of it) or even like last night I cried from an actresses Oscar acceptance speech.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't cry very often because I don't get emotionally involved with the stories I watch on t. v. or in movies but if it is based on a true story, I might be tempted to cry.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm quite an emotional person, but movies rarely get to me like that, so no. One Achilles heel I do have is if it concerns animals, but I'm not even capable of watching them. It either makes me too sad, or too angry! Especially if it's cats. By God, don't ever dare show me a suffering feline!

0|1
    0|0
  • That doesn't happen. I am just not really touched by emotional scenes I guess.

Sometimes I get wet eyes with maybe a tear rolling down though when I really focus on putting myself into a characters position, but it's not really in emotional scenes but rather something scary. Something intruiging you would get goosebumps from.

1|0
    0|0
  • There have only been 2 or 3 movies that have made me feel slightly emotional: Lion, Short Term 12 and Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. And they were all dramas, things I could probably relate to in real life.
    Sappy romance movies make me cringe actually

1|0
    0|0
  • Good movie and/or TV scenes can turn on the water works in me. Even excessive laughter can make me cry.

1|1
    0|0
  • I can be emotional when watching a certain type of movies and I know that my eyelashes will sometimes cause my eye to shed a tear ;-).

Seriously, I tend to refrain from watching those movies whenever I can or then only when I am by myself because in that case I don't have to hold my tears back.

I much rather prefer watching movies that don't require a university degree to understand. My favorite type of movies are more like the ones which make my cry, but from laughter rather from sadness or because I am emotional.

That type of crying does not affect me half as much as an emotional scene from a romance movie.

In any case, there is always a box of tissues on my coffee table

1|1
    0|0
  • No. I am quite an emotional person but movies haven't made me cry

1|0
    0|0
  • The Notebook
    PS I love You
    Atonement
    Any movie about war
    Any movie about a dog

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I do. Some scenes make me cry. Probably cause I wish I had someone to do that with. lol. Maybe. I don't know.

1|1
    0|0
  • No, my friends think I'm a monster because I didn't cry during Titanic

1|0
    0|0
  • I cried watching macs interpretative dance in its always sunny in Philadelphia, to be fair I was hungover though

1|0
    0|0
  • More recently more so, yes. I've been trying not to watch those anymore..

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep. I’ve cried at a few, but the ones that stand out are “Monsters Inc” when Sully was saying goodbye to Boo (I was around 9 when I saw this first), “The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas” at the end (the novel had the same effect on me beforehand, so I knew what was coming, but visually of course it was gonna make me tearful even more), and even “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs” (the police officer who adored his son Kal and always told him he loved him; that got me going at times because it showed me everything my own biological father wasn’t) 😭😭😭

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I think they look stupid and ridiculous
    I never watch this kind of movies

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve caught myself fighting the tears once in a while.

1|0
    0|0
  • i get emotional but i normally don't cry during a movie

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't get emotional about movies.
    Although I have cried during certain anime death scenes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I usually cry before watching these types of movies

1|0
    0|0
  • nah i do like good stories that give me the feels but romances and such dont do it very well for me

1|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't cry while watching Drama and romantic movies. My mother does tho.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly even if the scene gets to me and feel the emotion I never cry...

1|0
    0|0
  • Not seeing such kind of movies, i cry when i see patriotic movies

1|0
    0|0
  • B. Yes, I get emotional sometimes but not as easily as some do

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know why but im the same

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes yes.

2|0
    0|0
  • Greys Anatomy made me tear a lot this season lol

2|0
    0|0
  • A. I. Artificial Intelligence ending :'-(

1|0
    0|0
  • I've cried during a number of movies.

1|0
    0|0
  • I sometimes get emotional but I don't cry

1|0
    0|0
  • yes i can't stop myself doing that

1|1
    0|0
  • Romance doesn't make me cry.

1|0
    0|0
  • ALL THE FREAKIN TIME. I AM A ROBOT.

2|0
    0|0
  • The notebook maybe titanic

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes have

2|0
    0|0
  • I do not cry.

Ever.

1|1
    0|0
  • No ma'am

1|1
    0|0
  • I've cried at TV commercials (don't judge me) 😁

1|0
    0|0
  • Fuck naw. I got balls.

1|0
    0|0
  • a walk to remember that movie had me teary

1|0
    0|0
  • Romance movies don't make me cry.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, but sometimes my mom cries during commercials.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't watch drama or romance.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most good movies I do.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Because I don’t watch those types of things

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends what the scene is.