The Jussie Smollett hoax, what are your thoughts on his lying about being attacked?

As everyone probably knows by now, Jussie Smollett was arrested today in Chicago for lying about being attacked back in January. Apparently, he staged the whole thing because he apparently wasn't happy with the salary he was making on the show Empire. So, he faked an attacked and filed a false police report, which is a crime.

Many people might not know this but he was a child star, he was in the movie the Mighty Ducks and now he's on the show Empire. So, not only has he manged to tank his career and lose all that money he was making but he also just set gay's and blacks back hundreds of years by faking a hate crime. The irony is, he did all of this to have a bigger salary and a better career. Now, he's most likely jobless and probably going to be broke (considering the legal fees he will probably have).

Those are my thoughts, what are yours?

620

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it was really messed up of him. People were ready to defend this man. He ended up hurting himself more as a man of color and affected the men’s lives that he paid off. People of color have enough of some caucasian people wrongfully persecuting and falsely imprisoning innocent people bc of lies, bigotry, racism etc. he didn’t need to add to this Fire. He did it in the dumbest way. When sending himself his own hate mail didn’t work he fabricates this story. I think he has some deeper rooted psychological issues that he needs to address. All for some form of attention/recognition and wanting higher pay. (First of all Taraji and Terrance are the only ones getting paid a lot bc they have more acting experience. If his sister were on the show she’d probably be getting paid more than him as well bc of her experience in harder roles.)

Most Helpful Guys

• He should be charged with a hate crime, since he was trying to get the people of Shit-cago stirred up against white people. He put hundreds of thousands of lives in danger through his actions and lies.

Convict him, sentence him to 70 years with no time off for good behavior and no possibility of parole. The fact that he used the US Mail to perpetrate his crime means it's a federal matter, and there's no time off from a federal sentence.

• WOW! That about sums it up for me. That is very humiliating, why put yourself through that? For extra money... there are more honorable ways to do that