The Jussie Smollett hoax, what are your thoughts on his lying about being attacked?

The Jussie Smollett hoax, what are your thoughts on his lying about being attacked?
As everyone probably knows by now, Jussie Smollett was arrested today in Chicago for lying about being attacked back in January. Apparently, he staged the whole thing because he apparently wasn't happy with the salary he was making on the show Empire. So, he faked an attacked and filed a false police report, which is a crime.

Many people might not know this but he was a child star, he was in the movie the Mighty Ducks and now he's on the show Empire. So, not only has he manged to tank his career and lose all that money he was making but he also just set gay's and blacks back hundreds of years by faking a hate crime. The irony is, he did all of this to have a bigger salary and a better career. Now, he's most likely jobless and probably going to be broke (considering the legal fees he will probably have).

Those are my thoughts, what are yours?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it was really messed up of him. People were ready to defend this man. He ended up hurting himself more as a man of color and affected the men’s lives that he paid off. People of color have enough of some caucasian people wrongfully persecuting and falsely imprisoning innocent people bc of lies, bigotry, racism etc. he didn’t need to add to this Fire. He did it in the dumbest way. When sending himself his own hate mail didn’t work he fabricates this story. I think he has some deeper rooted psychological issues that he needs to address. All for some form of attention/recognition and wanting higher pay. (First of all Taraji and Terrance are the only ones getting paid a lot bc they have more acting experience. If his sister were on the show she’d probably be getting paid more than him as well bc of her experience in harder roles.)

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• He should be charged with a hate crime, since he was trying to get the people of Shit-cago stirred up against white people. He put hundreds of thousands of lives in danger through his actions and lies.

Convict him, sentence him to 70 years with no time off for good behavior and no possibility of parole. The fact that he used the US Mail to perpetrate his crime means it's a federal matter, and there's no time off from a federal sentence.

0|0
    0|0
  • WOW! That about sums it up for me. That is very humiliating, why put yourself through that? For extra money... there are more honorable ways to do that

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Honest to goodness its stupid shit like this that will guarantee trump another term.. When the left can't find actual problems idiotic pathetic little bitches like Jussie create them.. Its more common than you might think.

0|1
    0|0
    • It's sad to think someone making up being attacked is actually common. I don't know why anyone would think it's a good idea to do that.

• No idea.. it's sad and sets people that have actually had that happen back and damaged their credibility.

• It certainly does.

• I saw it coming when he wouldn't hand his cell phone over to police.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't care either way but I am no longer concerned about his welfare after knowing it was a hoax.

0|1
    0|0
  • He was dropped from his TV series. That is punishment enough in his career. However, he should face his misdemeanor charge.

He's also not the brightest - you don't pay your fellow conspirators with a CHECK!

0|1
    0|0
  • this is the type of shit is why no one takes it seriously when things really happen

0|2
    0|0
  • If he is proven guilty, he will be punished according to the law. I don't like liars. However if he is innocent then he will be free. I don't consider this to be headline news.

0|0
    0|0
    • You're about it not being headline news, I don't agree it should be either. I live in IL and last Friday there was a shooting in Aurora at a plant of some sort, I don't think that's had nearly enough coverage as this Jussie Smollett thing that happened in Chicago. It's sad.

• I would just like to point out how fast the media jumped on the story when they thought it was people with "Make America Great Again" hats but how little they seem to care now that it was shown to be a hoax

0|1
    0|0
  • I felt so bad for him when I first heard about this, but now I'm really upset that he faked it all. I guess we don't know everything completely, but things aren't looking good for him.

0|0
    0|0
  • What I took from this: "Wow, I can't believe he would do that. He messed up."

What other people took from this: "See? This is proof that false accusations CAN happen!"

0|0
    0|0
  • He's a fighter in a cold civil war, he staged a hoax as a way to hurt his enemies, he failed and it blew up in his face.

0|0
    0|0
    • If you actually think there is a civil war happening in the US right now then you are delusional. The civil war, y'know the union v confederates that thing, that was a civil war. There are no military fighting each other in USA, there are no civilian militants except ANTIFA... which is a pretty lame civil war when most of those 'fighting' in the 'civil war' are out of shape, too frightened to show their identity, and one of their favourite weapons are air horns. That said, they are dangerous. Not because they are strong people as such, more because they are dangerously delusional and those opposed to them aren't so morally corrupt to be so willingly prone to violence.

• @Electric_Dreams Scroll back and read it again.

• Disgusting. Exposes an abundance of hypocrisies, double standards and moral corruption, not just in him but in the blatantly biased liberal political correctness obsessed mainstream media. I hope his career is ruined. He could have gotten innocent people into trouble. This is huge news.

However why is barely anyone speaking about John Sweeney? His deplorable behaviour is a much bigger problem because of the organisations he's associated with, the way they operate and the way they protect people like him.

0|0
    0|0
  • A complete dumbass who made even more of a joke of the LGBTQ and Democrats..

0|1
    0|0
  • Thats what he gets he was just itching to be the victim

0|1
    0|0
  • It is called being ungrateful for what you have and not ever being happy with it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I had no idea who he was before this incident, and don't give a shit now.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Jussie Smollett hoax is a hoax.. just made-for-tv garbage for lovers of drama.

0|0
    0|0
    • Then why was he arrested today? They don't usually arrested people for the hell of it.

• Show All
    • If law enforcement was concerned about gang violence, do you think it would still be such a problem to do this day?

• Yes, do you know how many different gangs there are? Even if it's not gang violence, the Chicago PD has many other crimes to solve and open cases to deal with.

• Minority privilege.

0|1
    0|0
  • He's a cunt.

0|3
    0|0
    • That is perhaps the most succinct way you could have possibly summed him up.

Excellent job!

Unfortunately, some pink will cry and your post will most likely be removed.

• Show All
    • In a sane, rational world, I would agree with you.

But it's been pretty well demonstrated that this world is anything but sane and rational.

He's been charged with what, Disorderly Conduct? Let's play a game called "Reverse the Races"... if a white guy was a whiny little bitch enough to do what he did, do you think he'd be charged with such a minor crime? That's not even a jail sentence in most places, it's a small fine. No, that hypothetical white guy *would* be getting charged with all kinds of shit, and his career would be over for good.

This guy, he's got 2 points in the Victim Olympics: black and gay. *IF* he's convicted of anything, he'll pay a small fine and then be on the talk show circuit, where he'll either say he was "trying to draw attention to hate and racism" (my eyes are rolling already), or he'll double down and continue to claim he was attacked by white guys, and remind everyone of what a victim he is because he's black and gay.

And the fucking leftard idiots will lap it up.

I would love to be wrong, but if the history of this sort of shit is any indication, I'm not.

• @Barrabus_the_Free - No, I think you're absolutely right!

• Just another faggot. What do you expect

0|0
    0|1
  • I don't know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh... cry me a river.

0|0
    0|0
  • Firing from the TV show as they are then make him pay all the costs of the investigation and also put him in jail for the maximum for this why I think what's that is like 3 years.

0|1
    0|0
  • I thought false accusations never happened?

0|2
    0|0
    • They did, he was arrested today. There's apparently a lot of evidence to support that he lied.

Recommended myTakes