In honour of the Oscars, what was the least significant role you've ever played in a school/college/drama production?

I'm pretty certain my non-speaking, non -moving tree in my school's production of the Wizard of Oz deserves Oscar recognition, so any other equally understated performances?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• An angel. I had that part in Christmas Mass but then again in school around age 14.

They had to put someone into the harnessing that was as light a possible, that was me.

I did get to have a key role in the next production that we did.

Then I went from theatre to honors choir. I could sing for academic judges but I could never stand alone on stage and sing for a large audience while dancing.

I have to turn on my give no fucks switch, then Iā€™m good.

0|1
    0|0
    • Wow, with or without a give no fucks switch, I'd be nervous getting in the harness let alone singing/dancing on stage with an audience lol

Most Helpful Guy

• The only time I was ever part of a theater production was in 5th grade. They made the entire 5th grade sing Michael Jackson - Heal the World on stage to all the parents and other grades. I thought the song was gay as fuck and just stood there held hostage, because I was forced to.

0|1
    0|0
    • Haha, Heal the world was a weird song/video if I remember! I'm sure he performed it at the Brit Awards and Jarvis Cocker invaded the stage whilst Jacko pretended he was Jesus?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I voluntarily chose a role in primary school where I had 2 pre-recorded lines in an entire play of over an hour. I was physically not even visible on the stage. I was sitting with a book behind a wall

0|1
    0|0
    • That's tragic lol, when the play was over though I take it you got to join the stage and accept any applause?

• I was supposed to but I was a short little ass so I just stood behind everyone. Nobody saw me

• Pretty much my story, I have a photo of everyone on stage and it looks like I'm on my Knees, everyone at that time seemed to be a foot taller than me! lol

• I was Mrs. Clause in a Christmas play in middle school. Other kids parents said I made their night. Lol

0|1
    0|0
    • Haha, so you acted your way to the extent you were highlight of the night! That deserves recognition lol

• I never thought about it like that! Lol thank you :)

• I was the virgin Mary in a preschool play.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|1
    0|0
    • Quite a big role if the nativity play, not such a big role if a different play lol

• I still have a picture somewhere of me w/ a towel on my head holding a baby doll
      xx
      ~ Mrs Manson

• See you have a picture as an angelic/heavenly character holding a baby doll whilst my parents have a picture of my face peeping out of a poorly designed tree costume! Bad times! lol

• I don't know. I think my roles were pretty significant. šŸ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
    • Well clearly anyone inviting you too an insignificant role deserves a slap! lol, but play the game, what was the least significant role lol

• Show All
    • I mean if you try accents as a narrator I'm clearly going to have to start a new question lol

• I'll translate lol, So as narrating goes, do you keep the same voice or is it all about the accents, and more to the point what voice would you give to clearly the star of any show (the non moving tree ) lol

• I was a random villager in Cinderella in high school. But I opened the show as the Little Mermaid singing, "Part of Your World."

0|0
    0|0
    • @StingRayxoxo Opening the show in Little Mermaid is awesome, though this is all about giving appreciation to the random village's in Cinderella. Did you try and make it your own? lol

• Haha no, unfortunately I didn't.

• I had ONE LINE in a school musical one time. Don't know how I even got it tbh.

0|0
    0|0
  • I performed as a member of the audience.

1|1
    0|0
    • In what way?

• A guy watching the performances and cheering in appropriate places. Did it so well even the actors and crew thought I was part of the audience.

• Nailed it then, that deserves recognition!

• I'm not good enough to be a bad actor.

0|1
    0|0
    • Surely not being good enough is the ideal quality for being a bad actor, technically not being good enough to be a bad actor makes you an awesome actor, so fair play to you!

• Omg, the laughing hyena in the "its a jungle out there," first and last play. It was 4th grade.

0|1
    0|0
    • Cool, if you're going to quit the acting stage then that is as good a platform as any! lol

• Show All
    • Did you need to perform the laughing or was it all about the acting?

• Laugh

• Yup I was a bunny in Snow White šŸ°

0|1
    0|0
    • Awesome, what is Snow White without the bunny, afterall! lol

• Show All
    • You call it a lot of acting, as I was a pre teen hyper active annoying kid at the time, I think the teachers preferred to call it distracting the annoying little Sh*t lol

• Awww šŸ˜„

Recommended myTakes