Do you think that this book is suitable for children?

So then, what do you reckon this children's picture book might be about? And what do you make of it? Reckon it's kid-friendly, or not?
  • Yes, kids need to learn about this stuff
  • Sure, why not? It's perfectly innocent (I didn't get it)
  • LOL, who cares? That's funny tho
    Vote C
  • No, that's NOT kid-friendly
    Vote D

215

215
  • I don't think is all wrong but the message feels confusing, and I wouldn't read that to a 5, 8 or 12 years old, is pretty boring, still cool mankini

• The content is fine.
    The message - not so much.
    I'm all about kids exploring their bodies, knowing what is what.
    However, shoving what society thinks is beautiful down their throat at a tender age is a no-go.
    Kids shouldn't have to worry about whether they have a big penis or not, or whether they're breasts are suitably perky enough, etc.
    No, let's reserve those questions for the ADULTS on GaG (although in some cases, one might use that term rather loosely).

• I understood what it was referring to but children won't know that and the only reason we see it that way is because we are older and now we think more sexually.
    The book most likely isn't even about that :)

I think it is likely about confidence and taking care of animals

But who knows, whatever it is, sexual or not, children won't know for they haven't even learnt about sex yet ;)

• This is actually a very common, if not usually so blatant, way people write children's stories. It's innocent to the children because they don't have context and can't get the innuendo, but it makes it funny and entertaining for the adults who will watch or read it too.

Just go back and check some of the things you had as a kid, im sure you'll find some adult Easter eggs mixed in.

• This is animal abuse. The beaver did not consent to be shaven. This book should be banned! #beaverconsent

• I doubt that a child would realise what this was about. I think a child will simply see it as a funny story about an excessively furry rodent.

The fact that this hint (very heavily) at pubic hair does not bother me. What bothers me is that somebody decided to write a story indicating that a woman has to keep her pubic hair trimmed/shaved/waxed.
    I am a firm believer in being open about sex and sexuality, but I think the message in this book is wrong; forcing a woman to have her "beaver" trimmed because others could not accept the natural state.

But then again, I really do not think a child will read anything sexual into this story.

• This has to be hinting at something else, it's too obvious. It has to be. If it's not hinting at something else then the writers are just stupid.

• I just looked at the pictures, and it seems fine but I don't know why the beaver was wearing that weird swimsuit. Why didn't it just wear trunks?

• It's good, since we need our next generation to be snowflakes

• This is like the animaniacs show. Full of adult references but kids don't know enough to notice

• I had to read that a couple times to get it but it was funny but to answer your question yes it’s fine for kids, they won’t get it

• I don't think young kids would understand it.. but you never know...

• I liked the beaver better when it was hairy.

• Lmao

• Hehehe!

• could be worse

• No, it's pretty sexually explicit.