What do you think about Coachella?

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't really get it... I'm not American, I don't really know, but in the UK we have Glastonbury, which is the equivalent, and it's kinda a hippy thing. I think nowadays, people use these events as way to act different to how they would normally. Dressing weirdly, using lots of glitter, having the butt hanging out, getting super drunk or taking drugs. They just do lots of things that they normally wouldn't. While that's totally fine, and I don't care what they do, I can sometimes find it a little hypocritical, and doing things just for the sake of it. I personally would rather go on a skiing or yachting holiday than a festival, but that's just me.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is going to make me sound really lame, but I'm not sure what it is exactly. I know it involves music but I don't know what kind or what it's all about. I can't really say what I think about it, because I don't know. I have this feeling that Coachella might be the equivalent of what Woodstock was in the 60's but I'm not sure. It's the vibe I get from all the pictures people post.

1|0
    0|0
    • 7d

You don’t sound lame. It’s just a music festival, nothing more to it. But many people make it a big deal because it’s one of the few truly public events that high status/famous/rich people go to.

Most Helpful Guys

• I loved it. Only watched it streaming, but I appreciate that they kept the streams family friendly. Didn't show all the stuff you know is going on off camera. lol but Gesaffelstein was my favorite by far. That was some amazing stuff. I hear it's a festival for "rich white people" but if you watched the streams or were there, there were a lot more than just white people there. lol. So I don't get why the racists attack it so much.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I've never been to a music festival so I would like to go to one if I could.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a fan

0|0
    0|0
  • A cesspool of people who have lost their moral compass.. Indulge in sex, drugs and not being their authentic selves. Its stupid and a waste of money. Rich and wanna b actors go there to be "cool" to fit in. Boring.

0|2
    0|0
  • If you like the music it can be a lot of fun but if the majority of the music is stuff you don’t like then it will mostly suck! A lot! Unless you just happen to meet someone really amazing there to make it worth your while.

0|0
    0|1
  • It’s just a fun event. I don’t understand why people are always criticizing it.
    There are plenty of negative influences that occur in other spaces but it seems like Coachella seems to catch the most flack.
    I’ve only gone once and I had a great time.

1|0
    0|1
    • 6d

Because it is a horrible place. Mainly catered towards elitists. You`d be surprise to know what really goes down there lol

• 6d

I am aware of the negative things that go on.
      I just don’t agree that it is a horrible place.

• Looks like a modern day Woodstock: Just a bunch of rich kids smoking dope and inventing new STDs to unleash on the population.

2|1
    0|0
  • It's a bunch of drugged up idiots parading around in slutty clothing and listening to the worst music ever made

5|0
    1|0
  • Never went to it, never plan too. I heard a lot of rape happens there..

Then again a lot of girls also dress and even act like sluts there. So I guess it comes as no surprise

0|1
    1|1
    • 7d

... so you’re justifying rape based on how women dress and act?

• Show All
    • 6d

Women in burkas get raped. Rape was happening before mini skirts or bikinis were a thing, plenty of men can act perfectly fine around women who aren't wearing much at all. Yeah they look and everyone looks if someone is wearing something sexy, but they understand that someone's clothing choice doesn't mean they want to be groped by some random stranger without consent. Women who dress "conservative" get raped. If someone wants to rape another person it doesn't matter what they are wearing.

• 6d

Coachella is music and fashion centered festival. Costumes are worn by men and women, guys walk around shirtless and girls wear bikinis. Just because I see a hot guy not "dressing conservatively" doesn't mean I'm lose my mind.

• A friend and I used to go and to be honest, it was fun. However, as the years went on, it became more about drugs, fashion, and who you knew rather than the music.
    If you’re going to see bands, financially, it’s a good deal considering how much each headliner would charge for an individual concert, but dealing with the crowds, heat, and prices really puts a damper on everything.

0|0
    0|0
  • The saddest thing is I know it mostly for women going to party. It’s not really known for the musicians... not in the same way Glastonbury is (U. K. equivalent).

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know what this is... but hey I wish that I had Darren's girl! I wish that I had Darren's girl! Where can I find a woman like that? ... apparently on gag.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love music festivals and it’s supposedly one of the biggest and best, but from what I’ve heard, unless you’re camping at the festival, it’s a tremendous hassle to get to and from there each day.

0|0
    0|1
  • Always seemed to me that's an event where spoiled rich girls pretend they're cool hippies.

3|2
    1|0
  • I imagine the smell is similar to that of a Vietnamese hobo

1|3
    0|0
  • I used to want to go to it, then I grew up and matured, lol. It just looks super fake and overhyped. Everyone there seems like a replica of each other... boring.

0|0
    0|0
  • Somewhere girls go to get drunk, use drugs and engage in sexual activity with multiple stranger guys.

2|1
    2|0
  • Lackluster and annoying "music" plus a bunch of whore drug addicts (that includes the guys. They suck too).

1|1
    0|0
  • If the public at large knows anything about a music festival it means corporate greed. That alone should tell you how good it is.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not my scene.

A former student of mine has been. She now uses "Coachella" as an adjective. Funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bunch of attention seeking insta whores being attention seeking insta whores for a weekend.

0|1
    0|0
  • Went one time and it was a lot of fun. Lol @ at all the socially incompetent nerds saying they’re all too cool to go to a big music festival

1|0
    0|2
    • 7d

Having no interest in going to something that looks fake and overhyped doesn't equate to being socially incompetent... more like discriminating taste :)

• Show All
    • 7d

@MollyTheOriginal I drink socially. I’m not really there to have conversations about engineering or physics... was doing plenty of that in school at the time. i’m there to vibe and have a good time. I had a lot of good conversations over there.

• 7d

Didn't mean serious topics... people in this generation are woefully out of touch and don't seem able to start a conversation much less care about what the other person has to say. But it sounds as if you've had similar life experiences to these sort of people so it's fine for you.

• It's amazing. Great fun. Everyone should go at least once.

0|1
    1|1
  • I have always wanted to go. I mean... look at those girls, holy shit. And a lot of good bands? Win/win.

0|1
    0|1
  • Where lazy rich kids go to listen to shitty, trendy music

1|2
    0|0
  • Just seems like a bunch of druggies and drunk idiots being loud. Haha well based on the videos I've seen that's all it really is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks very annoying.
    Attention seeking women
    Sex
    Drugs
    And alcohol
    Not my type of scene.

0|1
    0|0
  • It seems really fun and blackpink performed there so I wish I saw it because I love them ahah.

0|0
    0|1
  • I've heard of it a lot but I have no idea what it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very VERY expensive. Hot as balls. Lots of drugs. Looks nothing like the pictures.

0|1
    0|0
  • Coachella=stds=hiv=getting pregnant=fucks up your life

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never heard of it, but it sounds really stupid

0|1
    0|0
  • If I was fit I would go just to hook up with all my instagram thots

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not interested in it. But that girl in the pic with hat n boots is sexy. I will wanna bang her so badly 😍😏

0|0
    0|0
  • Never cared much for it. I was always too broke to go anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks and sounds fun I wanna go and I'm definitely getting laid

0|0
    0|0
  • I have enough problems worrying about my life in my state to worry about California.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like fun if you have a highly eclectic musical taste and enjoy the outdoors

0|0
    0|0
  • i heard this everywhere can someone tell me what it is?

0|0
    0|0
  • It was a fun thing to do a few years back but it is lame now

0|0
    0|1
  • Full of wannabee "Bohemians" and instagram thots.

5|4
    0|0
  • Women searching attention because their narcissism is over the roof

0|1
    1|0
  • Coachella is dope I love it so much esp wearing all that glitter 😻

0|0
    1|1
  • I’ve never heard of it, and I have no idea what it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn’t seem like my thing and it seems expensive as hell from what I heard.

0|0
    0|0
  • Put some bands on worth seeing and I might consider it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks too crowded to me

1|1
    0|0
  • Is that a person or something.

1|1
    0|1
  • Something for elitist

0|1
    0|0
  • Overrated lol