Have you ever read a Stephen king novel?

If so which is your favorite and why?
Updates:
please state why X is your fave book

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, I read one last year, actually - first one for a long time. It was about a bloke who found a doorway into the past, and tried to stop the Kennedy assassination. I noticed a few continuity errors in it, but I really enjoyed it.

I think my favourite one is "The Long Walk" a short story, under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. I've read that a few times, and I always enjoy it. It's a unique concept.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Several! My favourite one Pet Sematary.

0|1
    0|0
    • Because it was the one that really got to me!! It stuck in my head for a little g time after reading it!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't like the way King writes, it's too offensively crude, messy, incoherent and gratuitously sexual for a connoisseur of purple prose such as myself.

I like the more eldritch of King's works such as "It" and the Mist, but I couldn't get myself to finish reading either of them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. My favorite is Firestarter, and I saw the movie several times before I read the book. It is a favorite because it pits an outsider like me against everyone around them, who are enemies, like everyone around me has been. I just wish I had the superhuman power of throwing fire ball though!

0|1
    0|0
  • I read The Stand when I was in college. Damn , that was a good book.
    The idea of a post apocalyptic world and having bands of people travel across the country ( mostly on foot as I recall). Good vs Evil. I recall that in the movie SK does a cameo somewhere waiting in line ( he does cameos in several of his movies).

0|1
    0|0
  • Never read one but love the movies like Riding the Bullet, Pet Sematary and loved Under the Dome TV series

0|1
    0|0
  • Yasss... love me some SK. He, and Dan Brown, are two of my favorite writers.

0|1
    0|0
    • Sorry, forgot to add the face books.
      'The Stand' is def right there. But, another that seems to never get amy love is 'Cell'

• I've read almost all of his, and my favorite is Needful Things.

0|1
    0|0
  • The only Stephen King book I've read is 'Stephen King: On Writing' which is just about advice and tips for writers.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I've read a few :) my favorite is The Long Walk.

0|1
    0|0
  • The Stand is still my favorite of his. The only thing I don't like about King is some of his writing is so long-winded.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes some postapocalyptic western. I did enjoy it but was not amazing. That said much better then anything i'd ever publish

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah!
    I've read Pet Semetary, The Stand, Christine, Carrie, The regulators, Desperation, Thinner, Dreamcatcher, Salem's Lot, Bag of Bones, Cujo, Cell, Delores Cailborne, The Dead Zone, Duma Key, Eyes of the Dragon, Needful Things, It, Firestarter, From a Buick 8, Joyland, The Shining, Misery, Revival, The Tommy Knockers, Running Man, Rage, Cycle of the Werewolf, Under the Dome and The Talisman.
    Needful Things was my first and also my favorite. I dunno. I thought Gaunt was an interesting villain.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love his work,
    My favorite, Cycle of the Werewolf

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0