SPOILERS - Did you feel the Game of Thrones finale left any story threads to hang, without wrapping them up?

I think it did a pretty good job of tying up *most* loose ends, but...

I think there are a few things that were left unfinished, mainly because the first few series followed the books very closely indeed, and then, when there was a divergence, certain plotlines were quietly dropped and left unfinished...

Such as the original conspiracy to depose House Baratheon, and restore House Targaryen, was a plot cooked up by Varys and Illyrio Mopatis (last seen intriguing with Varys in the dungeons below the Red Keep, by Arya, in Season 1), the man who gave Daenerys the dragon eggs, in the first place. Why he did what he did was never explained. I'm sure if GRRM ever finishes the series, that might prove to be quite key.

Did you notice anything similar, or feel other storylines were never finished properly?

3
8