Has a song ever made you cry?

ChgzDaniel
Have you ever listened to a song that has resonated with you so strongly it brought you to tears?

Every now and then I hear a song I can't help but get a little teary-eyed over. It usually only happens when I sing along with them. None the less, here are a few songs that have made me cry.

Gloomy Sunday - Billie Holiday
Notorious for its reputation as the "suicide song". Back when it was originally released people believed this song caused many people to kill themselves.
There is a place - Silver Jews

David Berman, the writer and singer of this song, attempted suicide in Nashville by attempting to consume 300 Xanax pills combined with crack cocaine. Thankfully his wife discovered him so he could go on to write this song about his experience. Lioness - Jason Molina
Yet another song by a troubled musician. Molina suffered for many years from depression, it reflected in his music. The lyricism, the melody, the rhythm... the subtle grace crescendoing into power. The vivid imagery. The depth. It's crushing.King's Crossing - Elliott Smith
I'm not going to lie, there is a strong theme of suicide with these songs, this one is no different. Smith killed himself by stabbing himself in the heart. The scariest part of this song, it's not even a call for help, he's already decided. I hope you found a song you liked, I look forward to hearing songs which made you cry. Remember, if you are ever feeling down, there will always be people there for you. Thank you for listening!
Has a song ever made you cry?
19
8