For people who can fly in their dreams, what does it feel like for you/how does it work?

KeziL
I can fly in my dreams sometimes. It's always been the same method, but I suppose I've learned to control it more over the years and get better at it. The first time I remember being able to fly in a dream, I could mostly only go straight up, no higher than the tree tops, and it took a good bit of effort to get up in the air and wasn't very reliable (only sometimes worked). The funny thing is all the effort was in my legs, I had to kick my way upwards. I've gotten better at it since then and can mostly control when I fly and stuff, but I would still only go upwards and maybe a very short distance, mostly land on roofs and stuff.
But last night I had a really different flying dream, in that I had so much more control and I really figured out the whole flying thing. I could choose exactly when to fly, and at one point I flew horizontally for MILES over some nature area. The funny thing is the sensation, I knew exactly how to steer myself and make myself fly faster or higher. It was all in the legs, but not like kicking to propel myself as you'd do to swim, it was like a quick kick backwards would speed me up or help me go higher, and I would move/bend my right leg differently to turn or bank sideways and I could FEEL the change that even flexing my foot slightly made.
It's so weird to me because the whole steering and accelerating thing made so much sense and felt so natural, but I can't think of anything I've done in real life that has a similar system.
9
1