Is The Shining by Stephen King acceptable literature to read in stages to a 7 year old as a bed time story?

Anonymous
I have a young cousin coming to stay with me for a few weeks while her mother and stepfather go on their honeymoon. I don't have any children's books because I don't have children of my own and all of my fictional literature other than religious scripture is of a somewhat macabre nature because that is the only type of fiction which entertains me. The rest of the literature in my house is nonfiction which I feel would just be too dry and recondite for someone so young to understand and enjoy.
So what about The Shining? It has a child as the protagonist.
Or how about The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon?
Yes, read her The Shining.
No, read her The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon.
Another answer/see result.
Vote C
GirlGuy
2
2