Are you a guitar player?

AmandaYVR
Today I was thinking that there are a lot of guitar players on GAG, but I don't see that many questions about them. Maybe you can't come up with much specific to ask? Like, it's better to just play them than talk about them? Anyway, here's a question so you can talk about it. I know you're out there. (And I'm looking at you, @Lliam @IAMNathanael, and @dangerDoge - though I know you're away.)

I am not a guitar player but I've dated them and I've always liked the instrument. One boyfriend taught me a bit of stuff, but I found it a bit cumbersome and strings uncomfortable with my very soft hands and wasn't into cutting my nails that short for long. But my husband plays, he's starting to get back into it again now (it was college days before.) I keep throwing out songs that maybe he could learn. (Nirvana's 'Heart Shaped Box' popped into my head, for it's unusual tuning -- which is apparently a Drop D, with some extra tricks thrown in.) He's got an acoustic, an electric, a bass someone has loaned him, and I bought him over the years a mandolin and an ukulele (though he doesn't play either of those. He said they're "fill-in instruments, once I get the others down." He wants a 12-string next, and a blue one, and a bass of his own.

Want to talk about your gear?

What's your biggest accomplishment, something that you achieved technically or through performing, you're most happy about? Like, your most difficult song you've learned?
FNCEBLMa-Blue Moon Neptune Cut Electro Acoustic 600x900
My favourite colour for... just about anything.
Not a great photo, but I like the green and gradient shading here.
Les Paul Wine Red Electric Guitar
Les Paul Wine Red Electric Guitar
My husbands. That others a mandolin. Plus, hes got a bass on loan.
My husbands'. That other's a mandolin. Plus, he's got a bass on loan.
Cute violin pic.
Cute violin pic.
Cello Mouse!
Cello Mouse!
And P. S. Is it sexy, does it get the girls?
Yep. Just like a man who can dance, if you are in touch with these inner parts of yourself, that marries technical mastery with creativity and self-expression... there's nothing better.
Yes I am! (Tell us what kind of guitars you play - Acoustic? Electric? Bass? Classical? Something else?)
Nope, I have no interest in that.
No, but I would like to learn some day. I plan to.
Vote C
GirlGuy
Are you a guitar player?
29
5