Should I get monetised on YouTube?

Anonymous
For the past several days, I've been debating whether I should monetise my YouTube channel.

I've been doing roleplay ASMRs and its been going really well as of late and I do want to earn money from it (if I can). However, I've been reading articles and things about the YouTube adpocalypse and how channels can be demonotised without doing anything wrong - It makes me wonder if this is a hassel to go through if that situation ever comes up.

I do have a SubscribeStar Page (which is basically like Patreon) to help support my channel, but I just don't know.

At the end of the day, I don't mind if I don't get monotised or not because this is a fun thing to do for myself and I do want my viewers to have the best experience. I just wondered if earning extra money through YouTube (or at least attempting it) is worth it.

If anyone else had similar experiences, I would love to know what you guys did/do
Should I get monetised on YouTube?
3
1